• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Arnie

Does anyone have Tancredi Palmeri on Twitter? He's got a big transfer scoop at 1:20am on Talksport, says it's a premier league team who qualified for the CL in the last five years, so that includes Liverpool and Spurs.

Right, bear with me, but earlier today I suggested that Liverpool should go in for Sneijder because Rodgers has admitted his priority is a top class number 10, and Sneijder is on the market this January. Then I tweeted that suggestion to Tony Barrett from The Times. On the off chance that this is what's actually happening I want a pretty fucking brilliant tag.

But it won't be. It'll be Sneijder to United or some shit.

Does anyone have Tancredi Palmeri on Twitter? He's got a big transfer scoop at 1:20am on Talksport, says it's a premier league team who qualified for the CL in the last five years, so that includes Liverpool and Spurs.

Right, bear with me, but earlier today I suggested that Liverpool should go in for Sneijder because Rodgers has admitted his priority is a top class number 10, and Sneijder is on the market this January. Then I tweeted that suggestion to Tony Barrett from The Times. On the off chance that this is what's actually happening I want a pretty fucking brilliant tag.

We don't talk about Tanc here out of respect to Yurt.

Guestimate: Sneijder to Spurs

I'd rather have Aimar than Sneijder, even if he is like 42 years old.

Salvadora

Smells like a Walcott exclusive.

LTWheels

If it is the case, Brendan has been a very good boy this year. Thank you Santa.

Clegg

I very much doubt Liverpool will go for Sneijder.

He's too injury prone. I think he'll want to take the easy route and go to France or some shit like that.

And Yurt hates Tancredi.

Arnie

Talksport just tweeted Tony Barrett 'ho ho ho'. He's Mr Liverpool. This is straight after they tweeted in general that it's a great interview if you're the club Tancredi is talking about.

KNOW1NG

Oh, and to chime in, KOTOR is potentially my favourite game of all time.

Splatt

Is that really any good? I thought this was going to be about Armada of the Damned. I was actually looking forward to that!

I haven't played it in years so I can't say how well it has aged, but it's pretty much what you described in your previous post.

Armada :(

Jensen

If Sneijder leaves Inter I'm sure he will have more lucrative offers from PSG, City, Anzhi etc. than Liverpool and after the collapse of his transfer to United he clearly will not wnat to take a pay cut.

kharma45

Talksport just tweeted Tony Barrett 'ho ho ho'. He's Mr Liverpool. This is straight after they tweeted in general that it's a great interview if you're the club Tancredi is talking about.

KNOW1NG

Oh, and to chime in, KOTOR is potentially my favourite game of all time.

Yeah KOTOR was great, pity KOTOR 2 was so rushed.

Arnie

Sneijder's not going to Liverpool, I'm hypothesising out my arse.

Liverpool couldn't lure a player of his character now.

Yeah KOTOR was great, pity KOTOR 2 was so rushed.

I remember the excitement I felt rushing to GAME the morning KOTOR 2 came out. Enjoyed the game but it didn't live up to my expectations, naturally.

Yen

talkSPORT Extra Time ‏@tsExtraTime
Coming up from 1 @tancredipalmeri Tells us just which club in the Prem Wesley Sneijder has had talks with...

Arnie

talkSPORT Extra Time ‏@tsExtraTime
Coming up from 1 @tancredipalmeri Tells us just which club in the Prem Wesley Sneijder has had talks with...

hahahahahaha fuck me this is ridiculous

QUICK, DISTRACTION FROM XABI ALONSO'S WIFE'S INSTAGRAM

A-3cJTFCIAEjaja.jpg

Salvadora

Expecting another disappointing Arsenal transfer window. If we don't spend now I'd like to see the circumstances under which we would.

Arnie

I honestly think that there are better, cheaper options than Sneijder on the market.
Fuck that, if we signed Sneijder I'd cum all over the turkey. But alas...
Snejder is going to Spurs.

Book it :p

My thought, too. Such a nailed on Spurs signing. They love ex-Madrid number 10s and an abundance of number 10s in general. AVB's going to make a love nest with him, Deuce, Sig, and Sneijder.

FootballFan

I spent so much time on GT 1 to 4 with some fond memories of spending most of the day doing endurance races with friends. I was really looking forward to 5 after playing the prologue but it just felt half-finished on release. I heard the updates have been really good so I might go back to it one day but for me, GT 5 on release was my biggest disappointment this gen.

Gt5 on release compared to fully updated = whole different game imo.

Linius

Why? Because he was good in 09/10? Because he has a decent long shot? They seem to me to be the only things that keep him in people's minds.

Hey, don't talk shit about Sneijder. He's a great player, just watch him at a new club playing weekly again. He'll get there.

Arnie

Why? Because he was good in 09/10? Because he has a decent long shot? They seem to me to be the only things that keep him in people's minds.

Right, when Spurs signed VDV you could've had the same reaction, but he went on to be a massive success. Sneijder is a Champions League winner, he was one of the only players in the Dutch squad to put any fucking effort in during the summer, and he's a signing that would lift the club ten fold.

Fuck that, I'd love to buy him in a dream scenario.

But alas, it's Spurs.

Scum

Did the Arsenal vs West Ham game get called off or something?

No, it's you, why are you fighting this?

Close your eyes and let it wash over you.

Why else would he say 'last five years'. He'd just say a Champions League club if it were Arsenal...

Should be fun to see how much he'll cost.

Arnie

A Dutch source says Schalke is in the market for Sneijder. It would be great seeing Huntelaar and Sneijder together.

Yes, the Talksport tweet mentions a fight between Germany and England for him. Could happen.

To Scum, I don't think he'd cost through the roof, Inter want to get rid this window.

By the way, if anybody here hasn't listened to this interview with Comolli, please, please, please do. It's fascinating, and it's about football in general, not just Liverpool.

Right, when Spurs signed VDV you could've had the same reaction, but he went on to be a massive success. Sneijder is a Champions League winner, he was one of the only players in the Dutch squad to put any fucking effort in during the summer, and he's a signing that would lift the club ten fold.

Fuck that, I'd love to buy him in a dream scenario.

But alas, it's Spurs.

VDV was somebody who made a poor career move, and was being made to look worse than he was because of his lack of playing time and lack of a system that suits him. Sneijder has simply gone way downhill over the last 2 and a bit years in a system designed to get the best out of him, even when he was playing every week.

Linius

The most important thing to me is that Sneijder goes to a club where he plays every week. He must stay of value for the Dutch squad and in order to stay so I just want him to be important at his new club.

Top Bottom