• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Carrick is the game's absolute outstanding player so far, just been fucking CLASS. Kagawa looking good when he comes in the centre, getting on the ball. Welbeck's movement proving unpredictable and Skrtel/Agger have had trouble reading it. Suarez hardly been on the ball.

I'd move Welbeck out left for extra defensive solidity (especially if Sturridge comes on) and let Kagawa play where he's looked better, but I don't think it'll happen.

Disappointed we're only one up, tbh. Webb can't let Liverpool go on and on and on and then the second we get the ball whistle. Rodgers has bought him out!

Did someone say United has a soft underbelly?

I have to wonder, is Rodgers instructing his defence to play the ball out from the back every time or something? If so, it's a foolish tactic, especially given the technical proficiency and composure of the players on hand. Either that, or it's just a case of poor form today.

Welbeck has been really wasteful otherwise. I'd like to see Chicharito get on the end of some of these chances.

GorillaJu

Well United is Stoke-ing us right now. Not to say that they're playing ugly but theyre doing exactly what stoke did to beat us so hard. Close down every space

Carrick and Cleverley have literally jizzed all over lolerpool's midfield so far. Liked RVP and welberg too.

Think Young has been a tad weak and wouldn't mind seeing Valencia come on.

Garjon

Abysmal. Watching this game is just making me angry.

We could be 3 or 4 nil down, hopefully Rodgers takes his finger out and uses this as a bit of a platform for the second half because at the moment, we'd be incredibly lucky to get even a single goal.

sohois

Knew before the game that it was a mistake not to start Henderson, did not however expect Allen to be so awful in his stead. Has to come off after that shocker.

To be fair though, he isn't helped by the poor performances of his fellow CMs, Lucas is getting the tackles in but his passing is wayward whilst Gerrard's good form has gone out the window.

Wisdom i was gonna berate as a liability, though I guess he saved a goal by knocking Kagawa out the way. Incidentally it's the one bright point for Liverpool that Kagawa at least continues to look shitty.

Man Utd in general don't seem to be playing very well, they are just organised and taking advantage of Rodgers' mistake and the general lack of effort from many of Liverpool's players.

Suarez sucks for always trying to go trough 2-3 Utd players like they're QPR players. But then the rest of Liverpool is utterly useless atm. so it's kind of understandable.

Fry

Never really liked Allen. That was fucking shocking.

Brendan could use all three subs right now. It would be justifiable.

Slizz

That dual wieldong Alison Brie gif? That's me with Carrick and RVP.

tumblr_m8uq8vJrZP1rbmj5wo1_r1_250.gif

this?

or this:

alison-brie-sexy-gif-pulling-off-two-guys.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Shinji needs to go put in the middle, as soon as he relies on his pace and strength he looks sub-par in the PL.

Yeah, I agree. When he's been in the middle he's linked up well with Carrick and Clev and he's impressing himself on Liverpool, but its not happening often enough. I'd simply rotate him and Welbeck. I think Welbeck's been good actually, he's stretching play, his movement is fucking with their centre backs, but he can't finish.

FuturusX

Keep fucking that chicken

If you think those two are world class your standards are in the dustbin. But they wear the UTD shirt so they are great right?

So many good players at UTD too...pick the good ones.

EDIT: different player but - Shinji is worth 5 car ricks and 3 Cleverlys

I thought Shinji played well so far. He's not forcing anything, is making the right passes to keep possession, and is getting back helping Evra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom