• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moobabe

Dzeko is like that guy that just doesn't fucking understand when something is played out. "For friends in my neighbordhood" and "Happy New Year"? What the fuck, dude?

When you're scoring the world cup winning goal, and paying tribute to one of your best friends who is deceased, then that's one thing. But scoring a goal against Arsenal, the professional thing to do would be to just walk off nonchalantly.

Nah - you miss a penalty after the other side have a man sent off, score a tap in THEN show your message like a true pro.

The quality of their players are several tiers below what United and City have.

That's subjective.

But the goals and sending off aren't down to a lack of quality in the players, but down to a lack of concentration and discipline, and that is because Wenger has lost the plot.
True, assuming silly red cards are exclusive to just Arsenal. But they aren't. Neither are such red cards representative of the club, the players and the manager.

They charge their own fans by far the largest amount of money in the PL.
This is true but considering the stadium is always full, with a large waiting list for available tickets, the prices are evidently not a problem for the fans in general.

They sell their best players to their former rivals.
This I agree with. If the player no longer wants to remain at your club, then do not sell him to your rivals, regardless of the finance.

They bring in shit players.
The problem is we bring in decent players to replace great players. A combination of an apparent lack of finances and these great players being unavailable has led to this.

They let their own players run their contracts down.
Yes, because the club intentionally let the contract down to put thesmelves at a disadvantage. To you, it may have nothing to do with the player himself not being interested to discuss terms for a new contract at that moment.

If Zaha is being pursued by Utd and Arsenal as reported, why would you even entertain the possibility of a move to Arsenal? They have absolutely nothing to offer. Walcott should also leave.
If the aim is to win trophies in the short-term, then Zaha and Walcott are better off going elsewhere, but Arsenal would represent an opportunity for Zaha to gain more first team exposure.

They make plenty of money, they just don't spend any of it. The fans should boycott the club and organise some sort of protest, because I'm not sure if I could support a club that just take the piss out of their fan base as much as Arsenal do.
Firstly, I don't believe the club has that much money, certainly not enough to immediately upgrade the team with great players. We need several new signings, but they would probably average £20m each considering their calibre. The can only afford o slowly build teams with prospect players.

vall03

nothing is seriously happening in this game. United - Liverpool was a better watch.

This is not a good start for the year, with the way things are, Arsenal is going to finish somewhere between 6th-8th position this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom