• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

nothing is seriously happening in this game. United - Liverpool was a better watch.

This is not a good start for the year, with the way things are, Arsenal is going to finish somewhere between 6th-8th position this season.

Wenger will get the sack then he'll manage us :D

Surely that means the players aren't good enough.

Not necessarily. Real Madrid and Man City can buy up all the best players in the world, and have done and those players are undeniably fantastic on their own, but it took quite a bit of time together before they finally won anything last year.

We've lost our single best player each of the past, what, five years in a row? Hleb, Flamini, Nasri, Cesc, RvP were all in separate years, I think? Which is a fucking atrocity, but what can you do

Anyway, prior to this match we were 13 points out of our last 15. It wasn't that bad.

Your form is bad because your team is worse. Your team's cohesion is worse because your players aren't as good and as such cannot form a coherent team.

If you're arguing our team is worse than those above us in the league at the moment, then I'm not going to really dispute that. I think the league table reflects the current state of a team. What I don't think it represents, however, is the quality of the individual players on paper. On paper, the gap shouldn't be as large.

Whether some of these players are good enough to be playing for Arsenal is another subject

Meier

Fuck! Nice job by Chesney there. Tevez should have just ripped it rather than try to round him due to the difficulty with the first touch.

Wilbur

Banned
Not necessarily. Real Madrid and Man City can buy up all the best players in the world, and have done and those players are undeniably fantastic on their own, but it took quite a bit of time together before they finally won anything last year.

We've lost our single best player each of the past, what, five years in a row? Hleb, Flamini, Nasri, Cesc, RvP were all in separate years, I think? Which is a fucking atrocity, but what can you do

Anyway, prior to this match we were 13 points out of our last 15. It wasn't that bad.

The argument is though that its subjective to whether Arsenal's players are worse than City's or United's. There's three players in Arsenal's whole squad that would be useful at either of the Manchester teams, and that's Arteta, Cazorla and Wilshere. No one else.

Was there much of a meltdown in here over the united - Liverpool game? I don't have time to read back over the thread :-(

Everyone complaining that the city game is boring shut up, at least ye can watch it!

The argument is though that its subjective to whether Arsenal's players are worse than City's or United's. There's three players in Arsenal's whole squad that would be useful at either of the Manchester teams, and that's Arteta, Cazorla and Wilshere. No one else.

That's because you two have already took all of the other ones, you fuckin' jerks.

I can't believe this match still has another twenty minutes to go. It's felt like an eternity.

jOA9EI0T6mQT9_e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom