• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

What happened to him?

My dad told me he has a genuine problem with his hips where they aren't aligned properly and there's nothing that can be done about them.

It took ages for it to be diagnosed and it caused him loads of pain and made it impossible for him to keep fit and stuff. During his injury nightmare he turned to drink and that obviously doesn't help.

He played last season for the reserves and I think he went on loan. But it really seems that they can't do anymore to help him.

Meier

Absolutely 0% chance of you signing either IMO.

Dortmund are still in the CL.

I agree. Just posting what they think. Subotic would obviously be a more viable option between the two of course.

Player suspended? Just buy a new one.

Well, in this case it's because Kolo and Micah are both out the entire time Vinny would be. Rekik has a future but your one back up being a 17 year old boy (when one of the starters is just 19 and the other has rarely played lately) isn't going to cut it.

My dad told me he has a genuine problem with his hips where they aren't aligned properly and there's nothing that can be done about them.

It took ages for it to be diagnosed and it caused him loads of pain and made it impossible for him to keep fit and stuff. During his injury nightmare he turned to drink and that obviously doesn't help.

He played last season for the reserves and I think he went on loan. But it really seems that they can't do anymore to help him.
Damn that must be terrible. No matter who a player plays for, if they have the talent, they deserve the chance to succeed. Unless you're Ravel Morrison.

It's a show that has gotten better with each passing week. The characters have really come into their own at this point. I highly recommend it.

A lot of nice looking women on it too.

Mhh, ok then, I might as well tune in + Cheryl Hines might bring over some of that Curb flavor.

Pep won't go to Munich. It's all set up for him in Manchester.

We're soon to have some of the best facilities in the world including an academy where the goal is to provide the first team with a constant steam of players.

Then he has his mates upstairs. It's all too obvious. But in-denialGAF refuses to see it.

bPdVo.png

I'd be surprised if Pep ended up at Bayern only because their typical German language requirement. They did sign Javi Martinez though for the big bucks so maybe they're willing to open things up a bit.

I'm hopeful that City get him because I'd like to see what he can do with the same staff above him helping out. I'm not entirely confident that he can recreate the same success as he did at Barca but I think he's worth a shot to be sure.

Well, they had Trapattoni who barely spoke a word (and it was fucking hilarious). I think Pep is a real possibility - it's really a safe bet for him.
1) same system
2) dough at disposal / good salary as well
3) dominating the league is rather easy

/Subotic - if it all and then only in summer

dc89

Damn that must be terrible. No matter who a player plays for, if they have the talent, they deserve the chance to succeed. Unless you're Ravel Morrison.

Yeah it sucks big time! He was a really exciting player at the time!

City aren't going after anyone.

Well not a defender. We have Nastasic who is looking quite the player!

I'm concerned though. DDR is 14 days late, has something happened?!

fuenf

Well, they had Trapattoni who barely spoke a word (and it was fucking hilarious). I think Pep is a real possibility - it's really a safe bet for him.
1) same system
2) dough at disposal / good salary as well
3) dominating the league is rather easy

4) No Messi. DO NOT WANT :(

I don't know, I think any coach could be succesful at Bayern, but the though of Pep without Messi makes me nervous. Tbh I'd prefer Mourinho (which will never happen) over him, but as long as Scholl doesnt get the job we'll be fine and I'll be fine with almost any choice.

edit: BTW. Bild is saying that Peps agent wasnt even in Munich..

Salvadora

"My memories from English football could not be better. It was my first experience outside of Portugal – I was still a very young coach when I left Portugal to go to England. But there couldn't be a better place to go. In England you feel the real passion for the game. You also don't feel what we feel in almost every other country which is the passion for clubs. In England, it's not just about passion for clubs, it's mainly about passion for football – and you feel it.

"So, my memories are great. I loved it from the first to the last day. I don't regret my last day because after that I was lucky enough to enjoy Italy and to have and enjoy some success there and also in Spain, so I don't regret the day I left. But I know that one day I will come back because English football means a lot to myself … Of course, it's impossible, but I feel everybody involved in the game should experience English football because it's a special feeling. You really enjoy being a football professional there."
It sounds like its just a matter of time.

Meier

I think City don't really need to sign anyone given the next 3 fixtures but I wouldn't be surprised. The good news is that even if we lose the appeal, he won't get a 4th game since it's not considered a frivolous appeal.

3Sixty

Jan Åge Fjørtoft is one cold-blooded Norwegian mofo. He saved Frankfurt from relegation in 99 (on goal difference) with this goal in the 89th minute

Wow, top knowledge.

*IamWalrusPic*

:( fuck. Recent pic of Michael Johnson. Doesn't even train at the club anymore and out of contract in the summer.

Could have been at the heart of the City and England midfield by now.

Loooooool

What a waste of space.

Actually really happy with that. Got us to CL Last 16 two years back-to-back with Gary Caldwell as captain.. sometimes being played in midfield..

Perfect man to get the best out of that set of Scotland "players". :lol

Interviews should be incredible as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfEV0iO0iCw

Probably don't need to tell you how much i rate him.

His Delgardo interview is probably my favourite Saints interview of all time, except maybe this

Slizz

Slizz, what do you think of Allison Williams?

Dayum. She reminds me of Alex Morgan when she smiles.

Hadn't really heard of her.

However she is quite attractive. I think its specifically the way the teeth line up that makes her look like Morgan.

allison-williams-300x430.jpg

AlexMorgan.jpg

I agree. Just posting what they think. Subotic would obviously be a more viable option between the two of course.

It's not like Subotic just signed a new contract for us and said everyone that his PL dream can wait. Well, I guess you're right in the way that the chance of City getting Hummels is around 0% and like 0.01% for Subotic.

4) No Messi. DO NOT WANT :(

I don't know, I think any coach could be succesful at Bayern, but the though of Pep without Messi makes me nervous. Tbh I'd prefer Mourinho (which will never happen) over him, but as long as Scholl doesnt get the job we'll be fine and I'll be fine with almost any choice.

edit: BTW. Bild is saying that Peps agent wasnt even in Munich..

Just read that, it's awesome:

Pep's agent said (according to Bild): "I haven't been in Munich. I have been on a amusement steamboat in Frankfurt."

Fucking hilarious, can't decide if that dude can't lie for shit or Bild has become even worse lol

Tc91

Any good young strikers to buy on FM 2013?

Carlos Fierro, Niang, Mattia Destro, Neymar, Erick Torres.

There's another wonderkid I think he's called M'bia or something.

Edit: Maybe not it's Mbaye Niang I'm thinking of. Fierro is probably the best of the lot if you can't afford Neymar.

Wellington Nem is class too.

freewheelin is your avatar intentionally terrible and are you winking

:lol Yeah it's supposed to be intentionally terrible, and no that's me squinting, cos my eyes are fucked

Carlos Fierro, Niang, Mattia Destro, Neymar, Erick Torres.

There's another wonderkid I think he's called M'bia or something.

Edit: Maybe not it's Mbaye Niang I'm thinking of. Fierro is probably the best of the lot if you can't afford Neymar.

Wellington Nem is class too.

Thanks, will have a look at these :p

Sanogo, free transfer at the end of the first season.

And same to you :p

Hixx

we could have been winking avatar bros

like me and kyoufu were relegation bros but we got a bit better so I told him our parents werent really our parents they were mine and he was adopted

GorillaJu

The first ep of Girls was almost unwatchable for me, it was so awkward. It's funny how for a show entitled "Girls" the only interesting characters are two men (Lena Dunham's two boyfriends).

Beautiful women in entertainment are so dime a dozen that having that girl you guys are posting does nothing for my appreciation for the show. And while she's pretty, I don't find her "omg goddess" beautiful.

PaulLFC

The first ep of Girls was almost unwatchable for me, it was so awkward. It's funny how for a show entitled "Girls" the only interesting characters are two men (Lena Dunham's two boyfriends).

Beautiful women in entertainment are so dime a dozen that having that girl you guys are posting does nothing for my appreciation for the show. And while she's pretty, I don't find her "omg goddess" beautiful.
Supposedly the awkwardness was how they wanted the show to be - they wanted it to be more "real life" and less "look this is a film/TV show where everything's perfect".

GorillaJu

Supposedly the awkwardness was how they wanted the show to be - they wanted it to be more "real life" and less "look this is a film/TV show where everything's perfect".

I will say that it's eminently entertaining because it doesn't follow typical tropes of TV dramas, or even the less frequent formulae. One thing I can never hold against the show is the sincerity of the actors. The beyond-caricature portrayals of the two mothers are off-putting though that's probably down to the one-dimensional writing more than anything else.

Salvadora

Its sort of like a female Peep Show.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
So I'm just catching up on the Sudamericano Sub20. What's the likelihood Argentina gets knocked out on the first round on home ground now? Brazil doesn't look too good either.l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom