• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tc91

New football magazine on the way on March 1st - TwentyFour7 Football

They must have some seriously wealthy backers to pay all these current and ex-footballers, chairmen, agents, pundits, etc they're signing up to write for them, according to their Twitter.

What the hell. Some big names.

Yen

I need a moment to laugh at Pitchfork. On the same day they're awarding JT with a Best New Track review and they don't recognize the quality of the new Villagers record. Golden Globes were sheit too. What's wrong with this world :(

Any rumours about Assaidi to lighten the mood Pool Gaf?
He's in Africa

Wes

venison crêpe
I can't believe the wage involved in Remy's suggested transfer to QPR. That is ludicrous. Villa can't compete with offering £80k a week to a player. Unfortunately it just means Villa look even weaker against their relegation rivals now. I'm resigned to our first ever year outside the Premiership next year.

Clegg

So, I like one season that you two consider to be bad, and suddenly my taste on tv is also bad?

Perfect logic.
A lot more than just two people think season two was bad.

I enjoyed half of the second season but then the writers started laying on the worst of 24's excesses.

Meandering secondary plotlines, stilted dialogue and "shocking" twists.

But he sure as hell is better at kicking someone's butt. But I get your point :p

I never thought of him as being all that good, flashy, but not really good. I remember him losing to some old schooler (possibly Aerts). But then again, I haven't watched a K-1 fight for 3 years or so.
Wiki says:
Hari faced Gökhan Saki at It's Showtime 2012 in Leeuwarden on January 28, 2012 in a kickboxing match. He defeated Saki by scoring three knockdowns in the first round before the referee stopped the fight, which earned him a TKO victory. He dropped Saki for the first time with a right uppercut. The second knockdown came from a right hook. Finally, he landed a right uppercut which dropped Saki and ended the fight.[46][47]

In April 2012, new K-1 Global President Mike Kim announced that Hari would make his comeback under the organization's banner. Hari's first fight was on May 27, 2012 in Madrid, Spain against Anderson "Braddock" Silva. Hari won the bout via unanimous decision. Badr Hari was scheduled to participate in K-1's final qualifications in October in Asia and the K-1 World Grand Prix Final in New York in December; However, His participation was cancelled due to allegations of serious assault crime for which he has been arrested. In November 2012 he was re-arrested in Amsterdam after being found in violation of his bail terms after having been in custody for several months pre-trial for nine counts of aggravated assault and attempted homicide.
lol.

/it was Semmy Schilt and he's been a K-1 HW champion apparently - hmm, I don't remember that, lol

Linius

I never thought of him as being all that good, flashy, but not really good. I remember him losing to some old schooler (possibly Aerts). But then again, I haven't watched a K-1 fight for 3 years or so.
Wiki says:

lol.

That's why I chose him. Badr Hari is daily news over here. He's been kicking random dudes in the nuts for some time now. Night club owner, travel agents, I'm sure he can handle a football player as well.

Way to generalize the situation.

We're talking about the show that won the golden globe yesterday. If it was that bad, it wouldn't have been nominated.

Let's not talk about that. They didn't even nominate Justified. Whole award is a farce.

3Sixty

Jan Aage Fjortoft ‏@JanAageFjortoft
TV2 just reported that Molde have accepted bids both from Liverpool and Southampton for Forren. #lfc #saintsfc

pulga

Banned
Way to generalize the situation.

We're talking about the show that won the golden globe yesterday. If it was that bad, it wouldn't have been nominated.

LOL they won it for the second season? Who at Showtime is sucking cocks at the GG panel???

Linius

that's because community doesn't deserve one. easy as that
what's not to compute?
oh boy, you're crossing lines here.

h3Bur.gif

Fry

Wasn't Community on the verge of cancellation because of it's minimal viewers?
Judging a tv show's quality by it's viewers is very subjective. You see cases of Arrested Development, one of the best shows I've seen, not being able to hold up 6~ million viewers a week. The show did win some awards though, including a GG and some Emmys.

But then you say 'awards are a farce'. Not quite. They can usually be very biased (see 30 Rock, Modern Family), but they generally nominate all the best tv shows each year. The best show doesn't always win. Nor the best actor. I was rooting for Bryan Cranston yesterday, but I didn't complain about Damian Lewis winning.

But Homeland has both awards and good viewers (was beating their own records within each week at the end of second season). It's incredibly successful, but GAF doesn't like it, so it must be shit.

Clegg

And who the fuck thought CRASH was the best movie of 2004-2005?

Better than Brokeback Mountain and Munich?

Awards shows make no sense to me.

Meier

Community is not particularly good these days... it stopped being that likable to me after it stopped being the show it started as. Conversely, Cougartown got a lot better as it diverged a bit from its original format.

Season 2 of Homeland had some incredibly high highs and some fairly disappointing lows. It was not a bad season but it was not nearly as good as the original which is right up there with the best seasons in TV history.

Linius

I like Homeland. But Boardwalk Empire was so much better last year. Same goes Justified with Olyphant. Didn't even got a nomination. That's just sad.

Jan Aage Fjortoft ‏@JanAageFjortoft
TV2 just reported that Molde have accepted bids both from Liverpool and Southampton for Forren. #lfc #saintsfc

Jan Åge Fjørtoft is one cold-blooded Norwegian mofo. He saved Frankfurt from relegation in 99 (on goal difference) with this goal in the 89th minute:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=yh0DbIGyKXU#t=304s

He leveled Frankfurt's GD (to Nuremberg's) with that goal:
unbenannt7fuz5.png

that's because community doesn't deserve one. easy as that
what's not to compute?
I agree. Brie's bosoms do nothing. But then I generally dislike hyper-scripted tv comedies.

/
Sky Italy reporting that Pep's signed an agreement with Bayern. Probably bollocks.
Awesome, this will probably be really entertaining.
It's a safe bet for him too, because Bayern play that same vGaal crap Barca does.

Meier

If you're interested in US sitcoms, Suburgatory is very good and relatively overlooked. One of my favorite newish shows.

Edit: Kid is right, he looks incredibly young. 15 maybe?

Playing FM2013 with a mate, I take Chelsea, he picks Man City. Our first match is the Charity Shield final, he wins it 3-1 (Aguero, Nasri, Tevez - Alderweireld).

Why did I have to choose Chelsea, for the love of God. ._. It's like I don't even know where to begin to fix things.

Clegg

I think Ronaldo may sign for PSG one day.

He's already played for two of the biggest clubs in the world. And he won't sign for Barca. Everywhere else is a step down. Might as well go to PSG for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom