• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez admits he would like to play for Boca Juniors again
"The will to return to Boca always exists, even more so with Bianchi as a manager.

"I would like to wear the shirt of the team I love again."
You spin me right round..

GorillaJu

People flipping out in Edge threads is the best. Everyone seems to have for one reason or another accepted that Edge's opinion is more right than theirs and when it differs you can nearly taste the tears. It's as if they think magazines that Gaf respects have a duty to reflect Gaf's opinion.

FWIW my list wouldn't be the same, but seeing Ninja Theory in the list and Arkane in the top 10 fills me with glee.

Clegg

There's a lot of backtracking going on in the Devil May Cry review thread.

The game is getting good reviews and some people are having a hard time admitting they were wrong.

Randdalf

If there's one thing I hate most about transfer windows and the manager merry-go-round, it's when clubs are said to be "on alert" after some event has occurred. For example, Chelsea are now "on alert" following Mourinho's recent comments http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/14/jose-mourinho-chelsea-alert-return. On alert? Is there a klaxon ringing around Stamford Bridge? Are people running frantically about Chelsea HQ, tripping over each other in a mad rush? Has Ron Gourlay assembled all the senior staff in the situation room, where images of Mourinho, his profile and satellite data approximating his location are flashing on a gigantic wall screen? Has a crack team of desensitized and biologically augmented Chelsea agents already boarded a plane to Madrid to track him down? Is Abramovich sat restlessly in his swivel chair, eyes impatiently examining the large red telephone that sits on his polished desk? Has Rafael Benitez already been abducted, brainwashed and dropped off outside a small Spanish restaurant in Kensington with nothing but a tea towel and a worn notebook? Are Chelsea really on alert?

Kikarian

If there's one thing I hate most about transfer windows and the manager merry-go-round, it's when clubs are said to be "on alert" after some event has occurred. For example, Chelsea are now "on alert" following Mourinho's recent comments http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/14/jose-mourinho-chelsea-alert-return. On alert? Is there a klaxon ringing around Stamford Bridge? Are people running frantically about Chelsea HQ, tripping over each other in a mad rush? Has Ron Gourlay assembled all the senior staff in the situation room, where images of Mourinho, his profile and satellite data approximating his location are flashing on a gigantic wall screen? Has a crack team of desensitized and biologically augmented Chelsea agents already boarded a plane to Madrid to track him down? Is Abramovich sat restlessly in his swivel chair, eyes impatiently examining the large red telephone that sits on his polished desk? Has Rafael Benitez already been abducted, brainwashed and dropped off outside a small Spanish restaurant in Kensington with nothing but a tea towel and worn notebook? Are Chelsea really on alert?
This all goes on behind the scenes.

GorillaJu

If there's one thing I hate most about transfer windows and the manager merry-go-round, it's when clubs are said to be "on alert" after some event has occurred. For example, Chelsea are now "on alert" following Mourinho's recent comments http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/14/jose-mourinho-chelsea-alert-return. On alert? Is there a klaxon ringing around Stamford Bridge? Are people running frantically about Chelsea HQ, tripping over each other in a mad rush? Has Ron Gourlay assembled all the senior staff in the situation room, where images of Mourinho, his profile and satellite data approximating his location are flashing on a gigantic wall screen? Has a crack team of desensitized and biologically augmented Chelsea agents already boarded a plane to Madrid to track him down? Is Abramovich sat restlessly in his swivel chair, eyes impatiently examining the large red telephone that sits on his polished desk? Has Rafael Benitez already been abducted, brainwashed and dropped off outside a small Spanish restaurant in Kensington with nothing but a tea towel and worn notebook? Are Chelsea really on alert?

The best is "preparing a bid." They've got a check with the club's name written on it but its gotta sit in the oven and bake for a little whole first.

GorillaJu

Its because they said they game would be shit and wouldn't get good reviews.

From day one I've been saying it would end up a good game because Ninja Theory is a good studio and will bring something new to the table to a series that stagnated and lost its luster.

GorillaJu

I see absolutely nothing new brought to the DMC table.

It's got a whole new feel to it. The main character looks and behaves how I imagine Dante would if he was given a bit more of a grounding in reality. The whole thing is just more believable, and there's an actual world and setting that isn't just a shell to present a pretty locale in which to slaughter demons.

Dibbz

Its because they said they game would be shit and wouldn't get good reviews.

They were all hoping reviewers would dog pile on it like RE6. NT are a good developer and now they finally have great gameplay to go with their great art.

Will play on PC when I can. Dat 200fps feel.

Clegg

Tbf DMC 4 didn't do much to progress the series either.

That game introduced a totally new character that basically allowed you to play on easy mode. Nero was uninteresting and had an awful excuse for a back story.

Let's not forget that we got no new levels for Dante. He just backtracked through all the levels we'd played through as Nero.

Kyoufu

That game introduced a totally new character that basically allowed you to play on easy mode. Nero was uninteresting and had an awful excuse for a back story.

Let's not forget that we got no new levels for Dante. He just backtracked through all the levels we'd played through as Nero.

Here's how I rank the series:

DMC3SE > DMC1 >>>>>>>>> DMC4 >>> DMC2

I imagine DmC is probably better than DMC4 but not as good as 3 or 1.

I'll buy it when it's cheap and see how good/bad it is.

Dibbz

People are dumb. They think the same Capcom that is pumping out shite like RE6 was going to pull out another DMC3 from their ass. Gimme a break. That Capcom is gone.

Going with NT was a good decision that looks like it will pay off for both parties.

Kyoufu

People are dumb. They think the same Capcom that is pumping out shite like RE6 is going to pull out another DMC3 from their ass. Gimme a break. That Capcom is gone.

The Capcom that made DMC3 still exists.

They made Dragon's Dogma instead of DMC5.

Looking back on it I'm thankful they did.

GorillaJu

People are dumb. They think the same Capcom that is pumping out shite like RE6 is going to pull out another DMC3 from their ass. Gimme a break. That Capcom is gone.

Capcom's commissioning of NT for DMC is basically admission that they lost the magic and they don't want to send it down an unrecoverable slide into mediocrity. It was a smart move.

GorillaJu

Armstrong fessed up huh.

There were still some people who didn't believe it.

Jokers.

00250065-0000-0000-0000-000000000000_00000065-06d2-0000-0000-000000000000_20121031150015_southpark.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom