• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.
BAmhsSXCAAA24l_.jpg:large

:( fuck. Recent pic of Michael Johnson. Doesn't even train at the club anymore and out of contract in the summer.

Could have been at the heart of the City and England midfield by now.

Is he literally getting paid to do nothing then?

Turok_TTZ

I believe there is a buyout clause for him to return to Dortmund on a permanent basis and you can guarantee that will happen. Klopp, who is a fantastic manager, will get Sahin his form back because he knows exactly what's required to get the best out of him and it shows what an awesome club Dortmund are that they came to rescue Sahin's career after Madrid done everything they could to ruin it.

Alex Song facing a similar problem in Barcelona. The only way it can work for him there is if injury cripples the Barca squad but all Song's freedom and development has been flushed down the toilet now. Fuck I want to cry everytime I see Barca playing Song as a centre back.
yes. there is a buyout clause for dortmund. sahin would not agree to the loan deal unless the buyout clause was inserted. which is why I cry a river. we burned our bridges with this guy. he hates mou and with that hate he will never return. :'(

pappe

I'm still butthurt on sahin. so very butthurt.

tl;dr **** you mourinho! half the shit we have playing teams better than us could have been fixed if you didn't drop the ball on sahin!

fake edit : yeah footygaf I know sahin back to dortmund is old news but I know for a fact regardless of how sahin does, whether he regains his form to point where he bested schwienstieger as the cm of the bundesliga or falls flat on his face trying, he will never return to madrid. I'm still pissed and I'm still mourning at the loss of what should have been the one man to fix our midfield. Modric isn't better than sahin and quite frankly he never will be. sahin has a bigger skillset than that Croatian shrimp!

**goes to a corner and continue crying**
So, When is Benzema leaving Real?

This is most certainly not going to happen.

Especially for the prices being mentioned.

If we do a Straight swap Falcao > Chicha. Only then would this be acceptable.

bjaelke

You've seen him? I know nothing about him, what's your impression?

I've seen two of Molde's games last season and he seemed to be fairly good. It's hard to tell because the level in Norway is sub-par to say the least. But he has been playing regularly for the reigning champions which should give some kind of indication of his abilities.

Found this impression of him on another board:
IMO hes the best defender to come out of Norway since Ronny Johnsen. Dominates in the air and on the ground in the very rough and physical Tippeliga (similar in style to the championship), the europa league and for the national team. I've seen him play games where hes won every single header, and hes not exactly afraid of taking on anyone.
Very cool with the ball and has an excellent left foot for long range passing. Used to be almost too cool and nonchalant when he was younger, but he seems to have grown out of it.
His only weakness is his pace, not glacial, but not particularly fast either, though he does make up for it with anticipation, and somehow he always seems "fast enough".
Was discovered quite late, and util he was 19 he played 4th tier football and worked part time at a supermarket :). Was close to going to the Bundesliga already after his first season in the TL, but had a poor start to his second season (a bit full of himself and fond of a night out). Solskjær sorted that out when he came to the club and now he has a more professional and mature attitude. Has really taken strides the last season.
In the short term I think he will be an excellent third choice centre back or even left back, and in the long term he can challenge Agger and Skrtel for a starting position.
Fun guy as well, played several matches last season with orange hair because he lost a bet :D

You've seen him? I know nothing about him, what's your impression?

Seems like a good player for a Scandinavian team. Solskjær is the master of making average players look good though and Forren didn't even look that good against fucking Copenhagen, doubt he got the quality for PL.

Lightning

Banned
I'm so under whelmed with this link with Adrian Lopez of Atletico. I don't think he'll help much.

Even less amused being linked with a bloody West Ham player...

I guess he is. He's been arrested twice because of drink driving. He's finished.

City should take him to court for two reasons

1: He's unwilling to work sufficiently to earn the money they've given him since he stopped training
2: He clearly needs a massive kick up the arse, or he'll be dead before he's 30

dc89

City should take him to court for two reasons

1: He's unwilling to work sufficiently to earn the money they've given him since he stopped training
2: He clearly needs a massive kick up the arse, or he'll be dead before he's 30

I honestly think he doesn't have the desire anymore. He's 24 years old, that's the sad thing about it, he should be in his prime right now.

Sadder still, that photo was took in Dixi Chicken on Deansgate :(

I honestly think he doesn't have the desire anymore. He's 24 years old, that's the sad thing about it, he should be in his prime right now.

Sadder still, that photo was took in Dixi Chicken on Deansgate :(

Fool
ish usage
of a took

And its fairly obvious he doesn't have the desire, and hasn't really had it since his first big injury after he broke through. Definition of a wasteman

Fry8 has a terrible taste in modern media. It can't be justified by subjectivity, its just wrong

dc89

Fool
ish usage
of a took

And its fairly obvious he doesn't have the desire, and hasn't really had it since his first big injury after he broke through. Definition of a wasteman

Fry8 has a terrible taste in modern media. It can't be justified by subjectivity, its just wrong

Yup :( it's a shame. But City were pretty silly handing him 5 year contract nigh on £30,000 a week back in 2009.

dc89

Hadn't his gambling, weight and drinking problems already started in 09?

Well in 2009 he was big yeah.

I remember going to the FA Cup (or was it the League Cup?) game against Scunthorpe that year. He came on as a sub, yeah he was over weight. But he scored a brilliant goal from 20+ yards out, even then he had quality. But he hasn't touched a ball properly since. So... it's hopeless.

Look at a picture of Michael Johnson at 18.

Then look at a picture of him now.

Ridiculous.

CRgrq.jpg

Turok_TTZ

So, When is Benzema leaving Real?
haven't received an update in awhile but last I recall, benz is taking a wait and see approach. All benz wanted was being started more often and he has since started most of our games. I do not believe higgy has the quality to bench the benz and quite frankly i hope this current situation continues. the more the benz on the field and higgy on the bench, the more likely that he will decide to stay. though the situation remakns tense, it has certainly settled down. though now he keeps mou "at an arms length". he chats with him now but has zero trust in him. do not believe a word benz says in pr, benz is a professional first and since he actually likes madrid ; he will not say a thing that would destabilise madrid unless mou decides to piss him off to such a state where he would force a move out by any means. in any case currently im feel comfortable on benz situation. i believe mourinho realised his mistake and benz is his 1st choice as of now.
So as of now benz has no reason to leave. and i hope it stays that way. i do not care if we have to sell higuain if higgy cries like he did in the summer, he simply isnt better than the benz and him being sold wud make room for Morata! benz 1st choice morata backup. i like to see that in the near future.

Nyx

I love our headcoach!

93011-300-455-scale.jpg

Just read an interview with him during trainingcamp in Portugal.
15 mins before the match against Hannover 96, the journalist asks why he is smoking a cigarette.

''Why I'm smoking a cigarette now? Because I smoke.''

You tell 'em Jan!

Turok_TTZ

atletico wants chicha? they are wasting their time. chicha isnt even that good. oribe peralta they shud get however.

fake edit: why peralta? the reason why mexico won the olympic gold in football is becuz chicha didnt go. peralta was and is a better fit for that team. unlike chicha, peralta actually is a team player and i imagine atletico wud be into that sort of player.

Zabojnik

It may be simple, but it has rythm unlike your shite. And your shitty avatar looks like a cross-eyed Patrick Swayze

:p

Yes, rythm is exactly what progressive metal lacks. *smh*

You have ... Suarez. There's really nothing to add.
Oh, how I wanted him at Juve. :(

Wooden, you should check out Periphery's new album.

Wilbur

Banned
I must confess, metal just isn't for me. That and dubstep are the only two forms of music I actually dislike, off the top of my head. Can listen to absolutely everything else.

Is there football tonight? COC or any FA replays?

Hoping I can stay awake to watch some. Was up at 8 yesterday, grilled chicken burgers all night, got back to my mates at 1, didn't fall asleep until 5 and was up at half 8 to work until 5, won't be home until half 7. #dead

Froggie buy Strootz and make me smile on this most tiresome of days

I must confess, metal just isn't for me. That and dubstep are the only two forms of music I actually dislike, off the top of my head. Can listen to absolutely everything else.

Not even something like this without singing? It's so gooooood mang, get the screaming turning some people off though.

dc89

Is there football tonight? COC or any FA replays?

Hoping I can stay awake to watch some. Was up at 8 yesterday, grilled chicken burgers all night, got back to my mates at 1, didn't fall asleep until 5 and was up at half 8 to work until 5, won't be home until half 7. #dead

Froggie buy Strootz and make me smile on this most tiresome of days

West Bromwich Albion V Queens Park Rangers |pictures took on a Nokia 7650| VGA

is that how that thing works?

Clegg

atletico wants chicha? they are wasting their time. chicha isnt even that good. oribe peralta they shud get however.

fake edit: why peralta? the reason why mexico won the olympic gold in football is becuz chicha didnt go. peralta was and is a better fit for that team. unlike chicha, peralta actually is a team player and i imagine atletico wud be into that sort of player.

Chicha isn't a team player?

Have you even watched him play?

Rythm is overrated, deal with it. Purely being into metal is silly though, but favorite genre easily, get bored of the more normal stuff too quickly. Nerdy enough to love a song like I linked to and knowing every little pattern.

My word, that's bad.

I like a few Slipknot songs, 1 Static X song, 1 Anthrax song, 1 Iron Maiden song and 1 Black Sabbath song. That's my fill of metal tbh :p

Just not my genre, and that includes all of the subgenres I'm aware of

My word, that's bad.

I like a few Slipknot songs, 1 Static X song, 1 Anthrax song, 1 Iron Maiden song and 1 Black Sabbath song. That's my fill of metal tbh :p

Just not my genre, and that includes all of the subgenres I'm aware of

Slipknot and Static X... No wonder you hate metal then. ;)

Dillinger are fucking amazing especially live though, caught them 7 times since seeing them for the first time in 08, was sold after that live show. Most people hate them though, even the ones into metal. But there is no other bands where it's acceptable to destroy the whole venue to.

Wilbur

Banned
Not even something like this without singing? It's so gooooood mang, get the screaming turning some people off though.

Will listen when I'm home, I'm already over my data I think. Using it on the train will make mummy angry at me.

I don't like the screaming though, yeah. I get the technical proficiency behind the music, but it just isn't my bag really.

West Bromwich Albion V Queens Park Rangers |pictures took on a Nokia 7650| VGA

is that how that thing works?

Not in the slightest

bjaelke

The assistant referee who told Manchester City players to thank their fans for paying to watch them at the Emirates has been stood down from tonight's FA Cup game between West Brom and QPR.

John Brooks was heard on camera telling Joe Hart and Joleon Lescott to go show their appreciation to the supporters who had paid £62 for a match ticket.

However, Brooks appears to have been punished for his actions after he was stood down for this evening's third round replay at the Hawthorns.

City had sent back nearly 1,000 unsold tickets for Sunday's match while supporters held up banners in protest at the game saying: "Don't price us out of our game or lose more fans" and "£62! Where will it stop?".

Meanwhile, Arsenal have explained why a steward at the Emirates removed one of the banners from a fan who was protesting at the high ticket prices.

A club spokesman says the banner was confiscated because it impeded the view of others, and for no other reason.
smh

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm so under whelmed with this link with Adrian Lopez of Atletico. I don't think he'll help much.

Even less amused being linked with a bloody West Ham player...

Diame > Diaby, Ramsey and Coquelin

He would be a great addition to Arsenal, high energy, wins the ball well, good shot on him. If you signed him I think you would be quite capable of making up the gap to 4th.

Signing a player from West Ham is what put Spurs back into the top 4 last season.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

Are you a Santos fan or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom