• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

In real news I can't believe that the linesman who suggested to the City players to thank their fans for paying the high ticket prices has been punished.

The FA would do well not to be so shady in how they react to ticket price complaints.

Nah. We like to go faster!

etihad_manchester_city_plane.ashx

Certainly had its use this season. You should loan it out to a club who are still in European competition.

Salazar

A lot of the formations posted here have actually been pretty accurate.

Cup game

---------DeGea
Raf--Smalling-Jones-Buttner
---Scholes/Clev-Fletch
----------Ando
Nani---Chicha---Rooney

No way we go 4-2-1-3, but I can dream. And Young's knee looked fucked up.

I did read however that Atletico is looking at Chicharito.

Like Slizz looks at phenomenally gorgeous women. They're not getting in there.

Linius

He got name dropped as a player they would be interested in when Falcao's gone. So it's nothing more than rumours and certainly not happening this transfer window.

GorillaJu

Really? I couldn't see him fetching more than 15m myself. He's third or even fourth choice striker at United and he's rather limited, IMO. A useful player but not spectacular.

Salazar

Really? I couldn't see him fetching more than 15m myself. He's third or even fourth choice striker at United

Third, whatever blood-relation-of-Viva Greg Stobart says.

And being third choice at United and scoring quite freely means your career is going pretty well.

Clegg

Really? I couldn't see him fetching more than 15m myself. He's third or even fourth choice striker at United and he's rather limited, IMO. A useful player but not spectacular.

Proven goalscorers are always highly valued.

He's also held in high regard at United.

15m wouldn't be enough to tempt United imo.

Cup game

---------DeGea
Raf--Smalling-Jones-Buttner
---Scholes/Clev-Fletch
----------Ando
Nani---Chicha---Rooney

No way we go 4-2-1-3, but I can dream. And Young's knee looked fucked up.

I still hugely dislike Roon on the wing. He's so muted out there. Otherwise a fun line up.

GorillaJu

I'm not saying his doing poorly but if you were looking at the possibility of being the lead striker at another big team where you'd certainly score more goals, moreover where they speak your native language, as a player you'd consider it, I think.

I'm not saying I believe it to be the case, I'm just saying that I don't think United could realistically demand that much money for a player who is third choice, even when he does come on and do a job well when given the chance

Salazar

I still hugely dislike Roon on the wing. He's so muted out there. Otherwise a fun line up.

Aye. I like him there more than Kagawa, though. He has the physique to bustle inside. Put Kagawa in the middle and he can turn away from pressure, but put him on the wing and you take away the options that he uses to compensate for not being solid. He did alright on the weekend but it's demonstrably a limiting use of him.

Could give Giggs a run, as I can't see him being a whole lot of use against Spurs.

Kikarian

I'm not saying his doing poorly but if you were looking at the possibility of being the lead striker at another big team where you'd certainly score more goals, moreover where they speak your native language, as a player you'd consider it, I think.

I'm not saying I believe it to be the case, I'm just saying that I don't think United could realistically demand that much money for a player who is third choice, even when he does come on and do a job well when given the chance
I think we could push 18-20 mil for him.

confuziz

Banned
De Guzman is probably going to be selected for the next international friendly against Italy (instead of Sneijder). I wonder how he will perform!

Clegg

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
when u have a guy who justs walk around like a lazy fatass nearly all game except when he realises that the ball is going his way
This tells me you have never actually been bothered to analyze any of Chicharito's games ever. I was lucky enough to watch him once live for Chivas and lazy fatarse is the last thing I would ever call him.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
watch the mexican nt brah. maybe you'll learn something.

as of now peralta is the better man for mexico atm. so no loss with chicha unless if he is playing. there is also vela too.
A fit Chicharito is way deadlier in front of goal than a fit Oribe ever will be. I would have agreed with you last year when Javier wasn't getting any playtime and he was on a scoring drought.

Also Vela doesn't even play in the same position.

Alright you cunts, got home and will now start creating GAF team. Will use usernames from people here and not real names so screens can be posted. Think I will start in the championship though and not lowest, that way we can keep using you cunts in the PL too.

Isn't that your club's financial director, not the Glazers? Or is your club's financial director a Glazer?

Edit:

The Executive Management Committee of Manchester United Limited is:

· David Gill - Chief Executive

· Michael Bolingbroke - Chief Operating Officer

· Ed Woodward - Chief of Staff

· Richard Arnold – Commercial Director

· Steve Deaville - Director of Finance & IT

· Karl Evans - Director of Venue

· John Alexander - Club Secretary

· Patrick Stewart - Director of Legal & Business Affairs

· Phil Townsend - Director of Communications

I expect it's Gill's work though.

#basedglazers

Alright you cunts, got home and will now start creating GAF team. Will use usernames from people here and not real names so screens can be posted. Think I will start in the championship though and not lowest, that way we can keep using you cunts in the PL too.
How in depth does this whole creation thing go?

Upload the editing data when you are done. Wouldn't mind playing that.

Clegg

I'd better be in the starting XI.

Bench me and I'll find you.

Kikarian

I'll go Left Wing with infinite pace.

Salazar

Isn't that your club's financial director, not the Glazers? Or is your club's financial director a Glazer?

I think Joel and Avram are responsible for the manic pace and extent of our sponsorship stuff.

And Gill, as mentioned. The Glazers have, however discreditably greedy their reasons, given us the impetus though.

Wessiej

Whatup with this rumor. Lollerpool wants to trade Assaidi + millions for Siem de Jong. Fuck off. I knew I shouldn't put him in my avatar, every damn time the player leaves.

Salazar

Javier Hernandez believes a distinct lack of egotism in United’s first team squad and a willingness from the players to work for each other is key to the Reds’ excellent recent form.

Sir Alex Ferguson is managing a large squad of players, all of whom want to be involved on a regular basis. There is healthy competition for places but Hernandez says individual glory is never placed above collective success.

“It’s a real strength of this team that there is such a good atmosphere among the players,” Hernandez told ManUtd.com. “Everyone gets on and there are no egos.

“I don’t think, ‘I only have my job and that is what I concentrate on’. Here we want to win trophies and if we want to do that then we need to help each other and be supportive. You don’t just look out for yourself, you look out for your team-mates and each other.”

It’s an admirable and encouraging approach considering Hernandez is competing for match minutes with Robin van Persie, Wayne Rooney and Danny Welbeck in United’s attack. But the four forwards get on and urge each other forward.

“When I play with Robin, Wazza or Danny, we always talk a lot about positioning, movement or our defensive duties,” Chicharito explains. “You need to communicate and encourage each other. The strikers all play for each other – there were a few passes I gave to Danny against West Ham, and Robin and Wazza are great when I play alongside them, looking to pick out my runs.”

That attitude brings a freedom to the way the players and the team performs. “In the history of Manchester United, the team plays a very direct, attacking game,” Chicharito adds. “We want to get to the goal as quickly as we can. We play and whether it ends in a goal or a goal-kick, we want to play with speed. But the important thing at this club is that we can express ourselves.

“We don’t feel too much pressure because every time we go out on the field the gaffer tells us, ‘Go out, enjoy yourself and do your best’, and we do what we do on the training ground because if you watched some of our training sessions the quality is so high. That’s been important to us doing well so far this season. But we are not saying that it’s over [in the league]. We have a lot of confidence but we know there are a lot of difficult games coming.”

Hernandez hopes to get plenty more football with the FA Cup, league and Champions League all opportunities to continue his good record in front of goal this term. The Mexican striker hit 20 goals in his first season at Old Trafford and this term he has netted 12 times – matching his tally for the entire 2011/12 campaign. Progress and personal development are never far from Chicharito’s mind, although he discusses it in a team context.

“I am always looking to improve my game, whether that’s my play outside the box or inside it,” he says. “I’m not saying I’m the perfect player inside the box. There is still work for me to do and I try to improve there. I’m learning all the time but the reason I want to improve is so that I can help the team.

“It’s not just that I want to score more goals, I want to be able to help the team and whether it’s me scoring or someone else I don’t mind. It’s a group sport and so I want to do what I can to help us get the right results every week.”

#notateamplayer

Kyoufu

Was going back through the thread and found this.. fuck off Kyoufu. What a stupid ass thing to say.

I was joking! lol

Some of you still take me too seriously. I remember when I first entered this thread you guys went nuts at the stuff I said. Gosh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom