• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Are QPR selling anyone this window? How can they afford to spend so much on wages? Especially when they're be playing in the Championship next season.

Clegg

And now M'Vila has 5 months to prove himself in the Premier League.

So when QPR go down another PL team can decide if he's worth the bother.

kingkaiser

Another one:

Tough job for Pep Guardiola. He'll have to teach Arjen Robben how to pass the ball.

Yeah, I can already see it...

Pep: So Arjen, pass the ball to your next free team-mate
Arjen: pulls to the middle, shots at target
Pep: No no, play the ball to your team-mate
Pep: God damn, pass the fucking ball!
Arjen: pulls to the middle, shots at target, hits Kroos in face
Pep: *facepalm* ...better...

Wilbur

Banned
Are QPR selling anyone this window? How can they afford to spend so much on wages? Especially when they're be playing in the Championship next season.

I assume there will be relegation release clauses, wage cuts, etc.

But Remy, Cisse, Zamora, Park, M'Vila and Granero will all be on huge wages. It's just a matter of sustaining them for half a season and then either getting rid, or the TV money coming in and making it possible to keep them.

fuenf

Heh, that italian newspaper (/twitter personality) is awesome after all.

This is awesome for Bundesliga in a "made ya'll bitches look" kind of way, lol
Lots of exposure.

As I already said yesterday, I'm fine with that. Pep could mean a lot of things:

- for a while he'll surely play the same system Bayern are already playing (don't see him benching Gomez and going with Müller as false9 + they don't have the players for a carbon copy of Barca). In time he might add some better players (Xavi could go there for retirement, lol) - but we could too, who knows..

- he hasn't proven himself outside of Barca so there's a chance he might fail at other clubs (kind of like AVB) + there's no Messi around, lol - Mou would probably be a safer bet for Bayern in that regard

- there is lots of potential for controversy and drama (especially if he benches some "important" players and they'll come crying to Ulli)
Even when he comes with a holly aura, WurstUlli & Rummgefigge can and will fuck his ass up if he goes against their interests - they've fucked up a number of managers before..

- it still doesn't hamper our ability to consistently rank in 2-3, make it to round of 16 in CL and beat Schlolke - which are the only really important goals to me.

- this increases the chance of Klopp staying for an even longer period of time because knowing his personality he'll go: "Fuck yeahz! Challenge accepted, mofo".

So yeah, in a nutshell: bring it on, Klopp: "challenge accepted", etc.

I almost forgot this great post. I agree with everything you've said. I'm still excited for Pep. though.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I assume there will be relegation release clauses, wage cuts, etc.

But Remy, Cisse, Zamora, Park, M'Vila and Granero will all be on huge wages. It's just a matter of sustaining them for half a season and then either getting rid, or the TV money coming in and making it possible to keep them.

I hope there are no clubs that are dumb enough to not include those things in contracts.

:lol

raiot

This is definitly one of the funniest things I read the last few days :)

Nyx

DerZuhälter;46514374 said:
Ban betting (1 month) that we'll see a Trappatoni-Style "Flasche Leer!" meltdown conference in Pep's second year! (If Pep loses his job before the 2nd year I win, too!)

I bet Pep will copy Van Gaal.

''Wir zind ze best of Dortmund, wir zind ze best of Gelsenkirchen, wir zind ze best of Berlin, wir zind ze best of Germany.....''

Chelsea XI against Southampton: Cech, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Luiz, Cole, Ramires, Lampard, Oscar, Mata, Hazard, Ba. #CFC

Lampard as captain, Ba up front... I like it.

Man United controls everything said:
'I have my conscience clean. But as I have said: Manchester United controls the media, they are powerful and the media will always help them.'

Evra's a pussy for reporting a racist slur said:
"When someone says something bad about being a South American, I don't cry, because that happens on the pitch."

Top guy. Or a cunt. Just can't decide.

dc89

Didn't Javi Martinez reject City in favour of Bayern too?

:lol

Massive betrayal.

He'll bring Javi when he finally shows his face at City. Txiki and Ferran will always welcome Pep with open arms. The welcome party isn't cancelled, it's just postponed.

Harry Redknapp just revealed Rennes turned down 28m euros just a year and a half ago for M'Villa. QPR are signing him for a third of that.

Wow! Arsenal & City we're keen.

Pep is not so good at transfers lol. It's like he is playing FM in a joke save

Do Bayern have a equal to Txiki?

fuenf

Lol Peps agent is telling sport.es that Pep already signed the contract in December, he chose Bayern because they have the best team and his salary is less than he could've gotten elsewhere.

pulga

Banned
He'll bring Javi when he finally shows his face at City. Txiki and Ferran will always welcome Pep with open arms. The welcome party isn't cancelled, it's just postponed.

I'm not even sure what to make of you anymore. Do you actually believe all this crap you go on about? :lol

D_prOdigy

United team

Lindegaard, Rafael, Jones, Valencia, Anderson, Smalling, Nani, Buttner, Rooney, Hernandez

8sNrF.jpg

FIFA Clubs Pro mode or whatever it's called is so fun.

Good games with GAFers. I need to level my pro up lol

Yeah good games despite us losing most, haha.

Also bullshit, in our first match I scored 2 goals with my ginger beauty in the first minutes and then they quit.

United team

Lindegaard, Rafael, Jones, Valencia, Anderson, Smalling, Nani, Buttner, Rooney, Hernandez, Giggs

FOR GOOD MEASURE

=========LINDEGAARD
=RAFAEL = JONES = SMALLING = BUTTNER=
= VALENCIA = GIGGS = ANDERSON = NANI-
=======ROONEY = HERNANDEZ======

FUCK

-W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom