• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBlue

Jose-Mourinho-001.jpg

It is time.

I'd love to see Pep crash and burn at Bayern.

Unfortunately, Bayern's team is just to strong to crash and burn. The only thing that can happen is that he'll be "vom Hof gejagt werden" by Uli.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
SANDRO UPDATE

Posted 16 January 2013 4:22pmSandro has undergone knee surgery following the injury that forced his substitution against QPR at the weekend.

The midfielder's recovery schedule will be assessed over the next few days.

1128661_o.gif

JUST TELL ME WHAT THE ACTUAL INJURY IS DAMMIT

edit: wait Pep to Bayern?

lol Roman

Clegg

RI reported that a few weeks back too so I think there's truth in it. But nothing more than scouting, they reckon CB is the priority this summer if Vidic doesn't look stable...and he definitely doesn't right now :(

So the order of priority is CB, CM and then maybe a winger?

I'd probably agree with that tbh.

We definitely need cover for CB and CM anyway.

3Sixty

Had a quick look on a Chavski forum (Why do i do these things?)

They reckon we will park the bus and they'll have to break us down.

Re-enforces the fact fans of big clubs don't actually watch football.

Hixx

First bash on FUT for a while and it's where the dregs go innit? Standard of play is horrendous and every game ends with someone quitting, jesus...

So the order of priority is CB, CM and then maybe a winger?

I'd probably agree with that tbh.

We definitely need cover for CB and CM anyway.
Don't know if there will be an order as such but CB is something being looked at.

I would guess we will get all 3, but the choices might have to be compromised depending on the budget.

Ushojax

Had a quick look on a Chavski forum (Why do i do these things?)

They reckon we will park the bus and they'll have to break us down.

Re-enforces the fact fans of big clubs don't actually watch football.

You don't have a prayer if you are going to the Bridge to try to outplay Chelsea. If you want anything from the game you need to keep a clean sheet, that's the only way.

Clegg

Don't know if there will be an order as such but CB is something being looked at.

I would guess we will get all 3, but the choices might have to be compromised depending on the budget.

Imagine the meltdowns if Frogie chose to use the rest of his budget to sign Zaha instead of Stroots.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I ... dont really care about the Bundesliga, so this is kind of disappointing to me, but hey! Good for him. Even as a Madrid fan, I always liked Pep so itll be fun to root for him for once.

3 year contract eh? Alex retires in 3 years, jus sayin'

Ushojax

Sandro Raniere ‏@sandroraniere

My surgery Went well, now its moving forwards with treatment And rest!.... AS FLORES DOS JARDIM VIRARAM CINZ

Sandro Raniere ‏@sandroraniere

Many thanks to everyone for their support ... I'll be fine ... to fight again... Come on you spurs....

HE WILL RISE AGAIN

Time for Parker to reclaim the Beast mantle.

Wilbur

Banned
In a DC type move I've just seen Pedobury now works at Nandos

Damn way to ruin Nandos for me I thought they only employed skilled chefs like on the KFC adverts

Get the fuck out, I'm great at it. Some bloke's been let go only four days in because he just isn't right, but I'm Nandos material. Truss fam.

Regarding Spurs, they're a toughie to call because usually, you can kind of pinpoint where you need to focus on with a team, even the better ones; Chelsea obviously their strengths and weaknesses lie in who they play on the flanks in tandem with Mata, Arsenal are ludicrously easy to cut apart due to Podolski doing nothing to help out on the left wing, City without Yaya are guilty of sitting too deep sometimes and there's a huge cap between GazBaz and Silva for instance

But Spurs have absolutely dynamite pure wingers and probably the league's best centre mid pairing, so it's a fucking godsend Sandro is out. Clev/Carrick will be able to handle Parker's lack of mobility much more even if its a little more difficult initially breaking through. Valencia and Welbeck are probably the right calls for the wing, though if Rooney's fit I'd be tempted to neuter him on a one match basis and put him out wide in order to move Shinji in the middle.

Regarding Pep, great news. I have every confidence that he'll turn up in the summer having mastered the language, he'll get the continuity of playing style and youth perfect, he won't have to pull a Fergie and manage the whole club, and he'll get rid of useless tossers like Robben.

Hixx

ibbe6uTWNqj4tq.gif
iHeRxNZfSKrny.gif
ikidHEjYDQ1cm.gif
iVbpF9dlu1B2g.gif

Today has been productive now I need a shit

edit: Danny Graham wants to move back to the North East. This is going to happen isn't it. :(((

FuturusX

The reaction to the news tells me one thing. If Pep is not the best manager in the world, he's certainly the most sought after.

• UTD Fans - (Denial) This is all going to plan! Fergie retires and hands over the reigns after Pep is done with Bayern
  • Chelsea Fans - (Anger) Feel jilted and seek vengeance from Roman - He's gonna be pissed!
  • CITY Fans - (Bargaining) Somebody messed up. Pep should be here, we built the Barca back room staff for him
  • Combined whine from 'jilted' clubs - (Depression) I thought he wanted a real challenge - (Yep! The riches of UTD / CITY / Chelsea is any more of a challenge then Bayern's)
  • Liverpool Fans et al - (Acceptance) We could never had him anyway...

Pep at Bayern is great news. Big enough club to see what he can do in a short space of time with the added bonus of denying the might of the riches clubs in England. Perfect day.

I threw Liverpool in there coz I wanted him just as much as any of you. We are better off anyway what a tease..."I love the Premier League, come and get me...oh whoops this ring? Oh yeah...I'm with Bayern...call me!

Wilbur

Banned
Pep shows the middle finger to the '''BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD'''.

You're so weird :lol

You don't even want him. His contract only runs three years, which is probably the latest Fergie's going to retire. Bayern is a club that are basically the hot hot hot favourites to win the league every year. He just doesn't have to fuck up and he's done a job. They're the side most like Barca in the world probably.

No middle fingers whatsoever.

D_prOdigy

The reaction to the news tells me one thing. If Pep is not the best manager in the world, he's certainly the most sought after.

• UTD Fans - (Denial) This is all going to plan! Fergie retires and hands over the reigns after Pep is done with Bayern

• Denial stage comes when it's someone other than Ole.

Ban betting (1 month) that we'll see a Trappatoni-Style "Flasche Leer!" meltdown conference in Pep's second year! (If Pep loses his job before the 2nd year I win, too!)

Oh I'm sorry, I meant a Bayern manager will only get sacked if there's a danger of failing to qualify for the CL. You dont even have to win the title, just qualify for the CL and your job should be safe.

Right, sorry I though maybe you were saying something in relation to the caretaker managers.

TrueBlue

• Chelsea Fans - (Anger) Feel jilted and seek vengeance from Roman - He's gonna be pissed!
  • CITY Fans - (Bargaining) Somebody messed up. Pep should be here, we built the Barca back room staff for him
  • Combined whine from 'jilted' clubs - (Depression) I thought he wanted a real challenge - (Yep! The riches of UTD / CITY / Chelsea is any more of a challenge then Bayern's)
  • Liverpool Fans et al - (Acceptance) We could never had him anyway...

Pep at Bayern is great news. Big enough club to see what he can do in a short space of time with the added bonus of denying the might of the riches clubs in England. Perfect day.

I threw Liverpool in there coz I wanted him just as much as any of you. We are better off anyway what a tease..."I love the Premier League, come and get me...oh whoops this ring? Oh yeah...I'm with Bayern...call me!

From what I've gathered, Chelsea fans really aren't all that fussed. All about Mourinho for most.

Heh, that italian newspaper (/twitter personality) is awesome after all.

This is awesome for Bundesliga in a "made ya'll bitches look" kind of way, lol
Lots of exposure.

As I already said yesterday, I'm fine with that. Pep could mean a lot of things:

- for a while he'll surely play the same system Bayern are already playing (don't see him benching Gomez and going with Müller as false9 + they don't have the players for a carbon copy of Barca). In time he might add some better players (Xavi could go there for retirement, lol) - but we could too, who knows..

- he hasn't proven himself outside of Barca so there's a chance he might fail at other clubs (kind of like AVB) + there's no Messi around, lol - Mou would probably be a safer bet for Bayern in that regard

- there is lots of potential for controversy and drama (especially if he benches some "important" players and they'll come crying to Ulli)
Even when he comes with a holly aura, WurstUlli & Rummgefigge can and will fuck his ass up if he goes against their interests - they've fucked up a number of managers before..

- it still doesn't hamper our ability to consistently rank in 2-3, make it to round of 16 in CL and beat Schlolke - which are the only really important goals to me.

- this increases the chance of Klopp staying for an even longer period of time because knowing his personality he'll go: "Fuck yeahz! Challenge accepted, mofo".

So yeah, in a nutshell: bring it on, Klopp: "challenge accepted", etc.

FuturusX

This is good for football.

The four pillars of European football. Strength in all 4 leagues.

Spain / England / Germany / Italy

(sorry PSG)

Empty

i'm not saying we'll get pep when fergie retires, but by going to bayern the situation changed from near impossible - we have a manager, pep wants to get back into management soon, you can't really move from city or chelsea to united - to him being a plausible successor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom