• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
With this performance, I am sure Giggs is getting another one year contract extension and SAF won't buy another midfielder.

Good. The greatest Welsh player in the league after Gareth Bale and James Collins and Aaron Ramsey and Ashley Williams and Ben Davies and Chris Gunter and Ashley Richards and David Vaughan and Simon Church and Steve Morison and Hal Robson-Kanu

FuturusX

Even I'm out of patience with Torres....nearly

Almost...

th_getting-wetnandogif.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Anyway. Satisfactory first half, shit second half, through to the next round, rested a bunch of players. Okay night by my standards.

FuturusX

Say what you will. But UTD know how to get the job done, mostly. Missed the game, but sounds like West Ham gave it a go in the 2nd half.

Dibbz

We've got Jack Wilshire
We've got Jack Wilshire

What a goal. These late winners Arsenal pull out are fucking scary but whatever as long as it gets them through.

Wilbur

Banned
So what's going on at Chelsea?

Poor players?

Poor manager?

Manager isn't respected by the fans and I think that's translating onto the pitch a tad; not to take the blame entirely from Rafa, but things like not playing Oscar/Hazard/Mata just makes sense sometimes because it leaves their flanks totally vulnerable, but the vast majority of fans are fucking idiots who don't understand that and just want to see Franky Lamps play every fucking game for 90 minutes.

Owner's a cunt. Enough said.

Arnie

Poor players?

Poor manager?
Objectively they've got good players and a good manager, but the place is filled with negativity and nervous tension.

They really need to ride this season out and bring back Jose. He'll put the club back together.

TrueBlue

Poor players?

Poor manager?

It's more than that. Even with Ba, we're just not clinical enough at home. Following away wins at Everton and Stoke with defeats/draws to Stoke and Southampton at home is not acceptable. I personally would point the finger at the negative atmosphere, it must be incredibly draining.

Clegg

Objectively they've got good players and a good manager, but the place is filled with negativity and nervous tension.

They really need to ride this season out and bring back Jose. He'll put the club back together.

Don't get me wrong. They've plenty of good players.

But their home record since Rafa took over is appalling.

It might be as you say. Too much negativity.

Sloosha

We're pretty poor at CM. Lamps looks slow and Ramires is poor unless he has some sort of forward momentum. Oscar looks completely off the pace at the moment - although being played on the wings could be a big part of it. Our bench looked worryingly thin today as well, with only Marin and Torres as our attacking options. Arnie is right about the negative tension and atmosphere at the bridge though - It can't be helping.

Wilbur

Banned
I think it is the atmosphere chiefly. It's going to get to the players, its going to get to Rafa. It's a poison at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom