• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

I don't understand why there is all this hubbub about the refs being blah blah over the overturned decision. Every UK website has some story about how the refs are up and arms about it. Conversely, it happens all the time in American sports -- flagrant fouls are often overturned or given retroactively in the NBA. Deal with it. Mistakes should be corrected.

Wilbur

Banned
FUUUUUCK, Roma-Inter game on sunday and on wednesday. :|

Nice :D

Roma will decimate you. Strama will fall onto the moral sword of Zeman, greatest manager in the history of Italian football and Moratti will sob as the eternal flames of hell singe his chest hair.

1-1

Scum

Fuck off, Bioware. My FemShep spent Mass Effect 1 saving Liara and tapping her blue ass. Stayed loyal to her in Mass Effect 2 and enjoyed a kick ass fun time throughout 'Lair of the Shadow Broker'.

And so here I am, working my way back into Liara's knickers and then this pops up -

Paramour : Establish or rekindle a romantic relationship.

Romance?? Fucking lol! Might as well have a shag list and be done with it.

Messi

Sanchez fuck you. How about you try and score every once in a while. I think he is playing badly now so that we cant sell him for anything more than a mil or two. I really fucking dislike this dude.

dc89

Sanchez fuck you. How about you try and score every once in a while. I think he is playing badly now so that we cant sell him for anything more than a mil or two. I really fucking dislike this dude.

I remember when City were chasing him, then he signed for Barca. Did we dodge a bullet?

Wilbur

Banned
I used to watch a lot of Serie A when I was a kid.

Always had a soft spot for Batistuta.

Magnificent striker.

Yeah, he was great. I think I was a bit too young to get into the whole Football Italia phase, but I've always liked Serie A second after the PL. Something about it is just really entertaining. Probably the match fixing lol jk or am i

There just seems to be a bunch of teams in the mix for Europe and stuff; Arsenal - Chelsea, City - Liverpool, Spurs - Man Utd are glamour ties, then Liverpool - Arsenal, Chelsea - Spurs, Man Utd - City would be be. To the wider world they're the only ones worth watching on a regular basis.

To us, Bayern vs Dortmund is the only one most fans would probably watch, and in Spain only El Clasico and probably those two teams vs Atletico/Valencia.

But then in Italy, you have the Milans, Roma and Lazio, Juventus, the emergence of Napoli, Fiorentina making waves a few years back, teams like Sampdoria or Udinese or Parma are probably still quite fresh. It's because they're such exotic names :lol

Wilbur

Banned
I remember when City were chasing him, then he signed for Barca. Did we dodge a bullet?

Great player, doesn't fit Barca. Would have been dynamite at Madrid/Dortmund/United. Teams that play on the counter or facilitate wing play into a lot of their attacking movement.

Messi

I can only speak for his time with Barca but he was been WOEFUL this season and not much better last season. No confidence at all and when he gets the slightest touch he goes to ground. I feel like he is a player who needs to be the main man and everything goes through him or else he struggles. If we lose Villa because tito wants to keep putting faith in Alexis I will be very let down.

Right now Tello is significantly better than Alexis.

Great player, doesn't fit Barca. Would have been dynamite at Madrid/Dortmund/United. Teams that play on the counter or facilitate wing play into a lot of their attacking movement.

Its amazing how Tello, Pedro, Alves, Adriano and Alba are all able to do wing play properly for barca but he struggles and Villa to a lesser extent (Granted Villa should be a striker for a big team)

Scum

I used to watch a lot of Serie A when I was a kid.

Always had a soft spot for Batistuta.

Magnificent striker.

Absolute legend! I miss old school strikers. Him, along with the likes of Ronaldo will thrive so damn well with the kinds of midfield available today.

Slizz

Huge College Football(American Football) scandal happening right now. There is a topic in the OT. It is insane, has to do with one of the players in the recent National Championship game.

Wilbur

Banned
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...an-giggs-will-play-on-for-another-season.aspx

Froggie confirms Giggs will play for another season.

#GiggsScholesFuture

Wouldn't mind him staying on. Fergie seems to have learnt not to start him in the big games, same with Scholes. It's surprised me actually how much he's trusting Cleverley, but its a good thing. I think as long as Giggs has the appetite, he should stay. If he's coming on as a sub and/or playing out wide, I still think he has the intelligence and the fitness over 90 minutes to play his part; its when he's in the middle and getting muscled out by the likes of Sandro/Yaya that I worry.

Scum

I can only speak for his time with Barca but he was been WOEFUL this season and not much better last season. No confidence at all and when he gets the slightest touch he goes to ground. I feel like he is a player who needs to be the main man and everything goes through him or else he struggles. If we lose Villa because tito wants to keep putting faith in Alexis I will be very let down.

Send him to City. £35m. Mancini will take him.

dc89

Nah he is a good player, but he is not suitable for barca play style. If joined united, he would be awesome.

Its amazing how Tello, Pedro, Alves, Adriano and Alba are all able to do wing play properly for barca but he struggles and Villa to a lesser extent (Granted Villa should be a striker for a big team)

Interesting thoughts!

Still loving my Sergio 16 Barca jersey Messi! I love the gold around the writing, so cool!

Maybe, I still believe the game has got less physical over the last ten years

It's all a matter of opinion anyway but for me Zidane is the greatest I've seen in my time

Football has definitely not got less physical than since when Zidane was playing. I've been watching football since the early 90's and I think the whole "football is less physical now" thing is overblown, particularly with regards to the continent. Maybe it's got less physical in England because English players have quickly realised that in European competition if you go in with recklessly hard challenges the foreign players will milk that for all it's worth. Gary Neville wrote an excellent piece on this. But neither Zidane, Maradona or Pele ever played in England. http://www.dailyfail/sport/football/article-2126567/Gary-Neville-Andy-Carrolls-dive-laugh--zero-tolerance-wont-ground.html Maybe not the right piece, but one of them.

In fact I grew up watching Football Italia on Channel 4 watching players like Baggio, Zidane etc playing for Juventus in Serie A. The tackling isn't much different, but the more defensive styles in fashion at the time aren't as in vogue now. In Pele's era football was barely professional, tactical awareness and things like coaching badges were in their infancy and coverage of football was not what it is now. Tackling may have been harder, but players were less fit, the game was much slower and the universal coverage of football we have now was non existent. Zidane's era was little different to Messi's era, only Messi's era is even more professional with the technology that pro-zone and the like have brought to football. Messi would dominate in all eras. If you listened to certain crusty old English ex-pro's you'd think that any player with quick feet would be slaughtered every time they went on the pitch and the refs would turn a blind eye. It's a gross exaggeration, through rose tinted glasses of when football was a mans game and before the corporate takeover of the national sport.

I will say that Zidane was the most elegant player I've ever seen but definitely not the best. Since I've started watching football regularly Messi is the most exciting, gifted and incredible footballer I've ever laid eyes on. I've seen players have incredible seasons or two (Ronaldinho comes to mind) but no-one compares to Messi. If fat Ronaldo hadn't got injured and suffered a mental breakdown he might have come close. But although he was an amazing finisher, dribbler and had great strength he didn't have the passing game or work ethic of Messi.

Messi > all.

Wes

venison crêpe
Huge College Football(American Football) scandal happening right now. There is a topic in the OT. It is insane, has to do with one of the players in the recent National Championship game.

Indeed. In Football terms it'd be like John Terry turning out to be a virgin.

Wilbur

Banned

Holy fucking shit just reading it now. That's absolutely fucking NUTS

Ehh. There's this football player who lost his girlfriend in a tragic car accident earlier this year, but the insane plot twist is that the girl never had an accident. She didn't even exist.

The fuck.

Messi

Most inspiring/tragic story for a award winning player on a Catholic based College team is a hoax about a dead g/f.

EDIT: Made up quotes, person, events and all sorts of other things.

Not feeling this avatar and that is a fucked up story.

Slizz

Ehh. There's this football player who lost his girlfriend in a tragic car accident earlier this year, but the insane plot twist is that the girl never had an accident. She didn't even exist.

The fuck.

There is official School press releases and interviews with the father of the player describing details that are impossible to have happened since the girl does not exist.

What makes this crazy is the school itself is behind pushing the story and corroborating it.

Scum

There is official School press releases and interviews with the father of the player describing details that are impossible to have happened since the girl does not exist.

What makes this crazy is the school itself is behind pushing the story and corroborating it.

Holy shit!

Wilbur

Banned
Clearly a joke post -

Ronaldo at 6?

And Cleverly lower than Messi is you straight up smoking crack.

I was a bit too young to see Ronaldo in his prime, I only got into football just before the 1998 WC with all the final nonsense. After that he only shone in parts. 2002 WC he was fucking glorious though.

Of course I've seen all old videos and shit, but it would be like me calling Pele the best when I can't properly judge that.

Slizz

So wait, lemme get this straight. College footballer's grandma dies, but the authories give out a fake name etc? Is that right?

Has nothing to do with the grandma, she did die. Then supposedly this players g/f died the same year a couple months later. Her death was fake, she is a fake person.

There's quotes of the father describing what the player and fake g/f would do together, when they never met/she never existed.

Has nothing to do with the grandma, she did die. Then supposedly this players g/f died the same year a couple months later. Her death was fake, she is a fake person.

There's quotes of the father describing what the player and fake g/f would do together, when they never met/she never existed.

wat

That's so fucked up

So did the player know she was fake, or had they never met in person before?

Can I do it without tarnishing the club's win/loss record? The UI is really confusing.

There should be like a drop-in thing you can select from inside the club menu

Slizz

wat

That's so fucked up

That has all happened, now theories are being tossed around as to why.

The leading theory is a cover up for the player being gay. Remember he is attended a CATHOLIC college.
So did the player know she was fake, or had they never met in person before?

They have never met, it was a social media relationship, but then shit got taken to another level as previously mentioned.

Scum

Wow! D:

So it's an elaborate scheme to hide the fact that a Catholic football player is gay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom