• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

He'll be a welcomed sight compared to what you currently have though, right?

I ... guess? I mean, it remains to be seen. I'd say he's a definitely an upgrade on Matri and Quagliarella, but who really knows. New league, new team, new everything. He would be coming 'for free', so the risk is pretty low. And I do hope that with Matri, Quaglia and Iaquinta (3M€ per year salary for a dead weight!) gone, we'll go after another top player. Jovetic would be nice, but I would also welcome the very promising Muriel from Udinese and a world-class injection in the midfield or defense. We'll see.

Rumours that we're bringing Tymo back, lol.

180px-WHY.jpg

Well I guess Tymo is still younger than Zyryanov and Semak.

I'm pretty confident about Spurs. It's obv gonna be a tough game but we have a good record there and a few players in good form.

The one I'm worried about is Everton in 2 weeks. It's gonna be 90 mins of long balls into Fellaini.

the sneijder talk was all a smokescreen then???

;_;
Probably, Sky Italia also said that Liverpool isn't interested in making a bid for him at the moment.
Fatih Terim blasted Inter outcast Wesley Sneijder by warning “we do not want those who think they are more important than Galatasaray.”

A €7.5m deal has been done between the clubs for some time, but the Dutch midfielder continues to drag his heels over completing the transfer.

There had already been reports that Coach Terim did not particularly want Sneijder and he aimed a vicious sideswipe at the player on Friday evening.

“Not I, not the President, not those who should arrive from the transfer market should think they are bigger than this club,” declared Terim on Turkish media.

“We do not want those who think they are more important than Galatasaray. This is the primary principle that rules within this club. It is not up for debate.”

Labadal

Just caught up with some football news. Wtf at Peteers. That looked gross. He'll get fined too.

Don't know what the hell Southampton were thinking. I hope they get relegated now. I wanted them to do good.

Salvadora

Sir Alex Ferguson insists clubs must discipline their own diving players as FA lets Luis Suarez off hook
“This [diving] was raised at the LMA meeting during the week.” Ferguson, the United manager, said. “What are the sanctions on that?
“Do they come from the club or do they come from the FA? I think the FA has a problem because is it legal what they do? Can they prove that a lad has positively tried to dive? It is a very difficult one.
“They have always said that haven’t they? They have no sanctions on diving, so does it go to the club? At the end of the day, it probably does.
“I don’t know much about the interview he gave, other than what I have read, in the sense he has admitted he dived. But that is a different issue altogether.”
“You have to speak to your players,” Ferguson said. “I’ve done it with Cristiano. He was only a young boy when he came in and it took him maybe a couple of years to understand that, but after that he was fine.
“It is a different world these days, but I think there is obviously [a connection] to foreign players coming into our game. No doubt about that.”
Ferguson, meanwhile, claimed the FA could face a string of red card appeals following the decision of a disciplinary panel this week to overturn the sending off of Manchester City’s Vincent Kompany against Arsenal last Sunday.
Ferguson said: “Anything I say about the situation will be regarded as bias, so I’m not going to bother with it,
but it does open the door of course. That’s their [FA’s] problem. I think it is bound to happen, but they will probably turn them all down now!
:lol :lol

WJD

I'm pretty confident about Spurs. It's obv gonna be a tough game but we have a good record there and a few players in good form.

The one I'm worried about is Everton in 2 weeks. It's gonna be 90 mins of long balls into Fellaini.

After Spurs these are the big worries for me:

Everton H
Stoke A
Chelsea H
City H
QPR A
Sunderland A

We did well getting most of the hard games out the way successfully in the first half of the season.

Hixx

Nice interview with the Mig on the Daily Mail site. Degree in Politics, can speak 5 languages and one of the best 'keepers in the league. Not bad for a 24 year old
KuGsj.gif

Fry

Tymo was awesome. He'll be 34 in March though, and we already have a problem with an aging midfield.

No no, Tymo is awesome. Trust me. He plays a match here now and then, he doesn't seem to be lacking match fitness in any of them, he's good at defending and surprisingly awesome at attacking.

itbAck1TpkQnw.gif

ibc2gEslo5mWBw.gif

This is just from the last couple of matches. I don't think I need to tell you all those things, but it's just to show how much I like him.

faridmon

I hate that. :(

We have so many returning players from injury that they're all going to feel like new signings. :(

Interviewer ''So when are you gonna sign new players as many have escaped your grasp while some of your own players like Ba, Collocini, Bin Arfa and Cabaye have moved on to better and bigger clubs?

Pardew ''Well, Dan, I think you are aware we have couple of players coming from injuries which could give us the depth and the strength back to the squad. Players like the two Taylors, Simpsons and Gosling will give us the boost we need. Both morally and on the pitch. Why, they practically are like new signings, Dan''

K1LLER7

After Spurs these are the big worries for me:

Everton H
Stoke A
Chelsea H
City H
QPR A

We did well getting most of the hard games out the way successfully in the first half of the season.

Depending on how fergie handles the teams with the CL games coming up, I think we'll beat Everton, Stoke, QPR and Chelsea. Hopefully City can drop some more points by the next time United play them.

Kyoufu

Interviewer ''So when are you gonna sign new players as many have escaped your grasp while some of your own players like Ba, Collocini, Bin Arfa and Cabaye have moved on to better and bigger clubs?

Pardew ''Well, Dan, I think you are aware we have couple of players coming from injuries which could give us the depth and the strength back to the squad. Players like the two Taylors, Simpsons and Gosling will give us the boost we need. Both morally and on the pitch. Why, they practically are like new signings, Dan''

Exactly.

Gosling is such a waste of space. :(

faridmon

Like when we drew 2-2 at Goodison. :lol

And what good did that do to you? I could even argue that the fact that you earned that point, made you even worse Lol

Don't worry though, Saints got your back, they'll go down in your place. I guess that is what they want.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I think they had won the last 3 too. I'm salty as fuck we lost to chile and argentina in the same week but at least we're moving on!
What's important is to qualify for the World Cup. Didn't you guys field a bunch of subs against the Argies?

Speaking of the Argies, what a fucking disgrace.

Kyoufu

And what good did that do to you? I could even argue that the fact that you earned that point, made you even worse Lol

Don't worry though, Saints got your back, they'll go down in your place. I guess that is what they want.

Our injuries started piling up from then on :(

We did not deserve the point though. It was a mess.

We deserved a point at SJP but Santon didn't square it to Cisse... :(

Messi

In all senses of the word

Just stop it

Stop doing it and stop talking about it lol

And yes I'm assuming this is a wanking related injury

Its not masturbation related, ive not done that in a few days. This was all of a sudden. I am just sitting here watching the Heat vs the Warriors and then BAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom