• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

The @The_Gazette is reporting Blackpool have approached former Southampton manager Nigel Adkins to become their new manager. #SaintsFC

Hixx

Shearer and Lawrenson on MotD

xLtSI.gif

Manager

Garcia was good against Arsenal, the first few times I saw him he didn't look up to the pace of the league but he competed well against Wilshere and co.

He looked better than before but I still didn't think he looked good. Certainly not for the fee that was paid for him. He falls for easy runs and is constantly being put off position. Barry has to run around and cover for him all the time.

He has such a weird behaviour. He is often being "overpassed" by pressing too agressively (pressing a player, player passes away, runs past Garcia and then gets the ball back). And sometimes he just follow a different (wrong) player, letting the ball possessor roaming free. He's not where he should be as DM/CM. Basically... he doesn't seem very smart on the pitch defensively, which is so needed for a DM. But of course, this is something that can change if he gets up to speed and less nervous.

I'm not even going to start on the offense part. He's worse than De Jong in sidepass department. I really hope he can grow some balls and try some more passing instead of giving it to Zabaleta/Yaya/Clichy.

He's right now basically a poor man's Gareth Barry.

Salvadora

-----------------------Szczesny
Gibbs------Mertesacker------Vermaelen---------Sagna
---------------------------Videl----------------------------
-------- --Cazorla----Wilshere----Arteta---Cesc-----
-------------------------Cavani----------------------------

That's a CL winning side.

Remy's starting for QPR. The fucker's going to score, I just know it. Either him or SWP, who always seems to do well against us.

We're going with; Jussi - O'Brien, Reid, Tomkins, Demel - Diame, Noble, Nolan - J. Cole, Chamakh, Jarvis

Good opportunity for Chamakh to assert himself here, with his first start for the team. Hope he can prove to be a better option than Carlton.

Kyoufu

Remy's starting for QPR. The fucker's going to score, I just know it. Either him or SWP, who always seems to do well against us.

We're going with; Jussi - O'Brien, Reid, Tomkins, Demel - Diame, Noble, Nolan - J. Cole, Chamakh, Jarvis

Good opportunity for Chamakh to assert himself here, with his first start for the team. Hope he can prove to be a better option than Carlton.

Please win. Please.

pappe

A team that has Per glacier as their defender and flappy chesney as their keeper will never win anything more than COC.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

It's a shame they're going to play in EL next season.

Slizz

With some imaginary CDM playing on the side I believe it, Videl prolly has super powers....

Hixx

In 2 decades you might spend the £100m+ that you'd need to buy those players

HOLD TIGHT

Salazar

-----------------------Cheryl Cole
Nadine Coyle------Sarah Harding------Nicola Roberts---------Kim Walsh

That's basically what you've done there, salva.

Quick, bet on Perisic as the first to score in the Wolfsburg - Stuttgart game.
///
I get the feeling Dortmund fans don't particularly care for Lewandowski. Don't touch Rolls Reus, Goeoeoetze or Hummels .. Lewa? Eh, whatever. It's almost like deep down they know he's overrated and could be easily replaced.
It's more like we came to terms with his potential departure. Just like Sahin he feels that he outgrew the club and there's also a million or two more to be earned elsewhere.
Most of us do value him, a lot.

Antti

Hey boys!

Premier League:
Norwich +2 66%
Fulham +1,75 53%
Chelsea -0,5 58%
Everton -0,5 51%
WBA-Villa under 2,5 52%
Wigan under 2,5 57%
Liverpool-Norwich under 3,25 58%

African Nations Cup:
Cap Verde +1 61%
Congo +1 55%
Burkina Faso +1 68%
Togo +1,5 55%.

dc89

SKY SPORTS: Newcastle United have agreed a fee with Montpellier for star defender Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa.

From some transfer related Twitter!

I'm worried now with that lineup

Jones is poor at dealing with crosses. Carragher is playing for some reason, so we'll play 10 yards deeper. Holt is probably playing, so combined with the deep back line we'll be getting bombarded with crosses.

We'll definitely concede, and we're relying entirely on Suarez and Sturridge to score more than them

Why is Coates still here? If the guy has any snse at all he'll have his agent hawking him around to every club who'll listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom