• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Who the hell taught Bonucci how to dive?

You're Italian! DIVE like an Italian!

Maybe we should loan him 6 months at Barca so he learns properly.

Unfortunately they have Cuadrado who will pass it to Zuñiga or Armero.

Want to go Napoli v Juve on Fifa, malparido?

Later, I'm about to go bust out DMC after the match.

I hate playing as Juve, btw. I can't stand not having a decent striker.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't even know if Pogba would get into United's midfield. What is United's midfield at the moment, what's the best formation and style you could play, and which areas could you improve it?

I wonder how it'd look laid out? Perhaps multiple times, depending on the opponents.

I will help you, young man, for you wish to know the secrets.

---------------------------------David DE GEA---------------------------------
-------Rafael DA SILVA - Rio FERDINAND - Jonny EVANS - Patrice EVRA-------
--------------Paul POGBA - Michael CARRICK - Tom CLEVERLEY--------------
------------------------------Shinji KAGAWA---------------------------------
-------------------Wayne ROONEY - Robin VAN PERSIE-------------------

-------Rafael DA SILVA - Chris SMALLING - Nemanja VIDIC - Patrice EVRA-------
-------Antonio VALENCIA - Michael CARRICK - Paul POGBA - Ashley YOUNG-------
-------------------Javier HERNANDEZ - Robin VAN PERSIE-------------------

-------Phil JONES - Rio FERDINAND - Nemanja VIDIC - Alexander BUTTNER-------
-------------------Anderson FATCUNT - Paul POGBA -------------------
--------------Danny WELBECK - Wayne ROONEY - Luis NANI--------------
--------------------------------Radamel FALCAO--------------------------------

I wonder how Spurs will set up against us tomorrow.

Drop deep and hit on the counter or try and dictate the game and take United head on?

The speed of Bale killed us at OT but we looked very threatening when Spurs dropped deep.
I don't think it did really. I mean yeah he scored that goal but our defending for it was just...yeah, awful. It was almost a free run from the half way line to the goal.

No idea how they set up. They are much more flexible tactically under AVB. Harry only had them playing one way really.

I think it would be better for us if they try to sit back and counter on us because I'm not sure they can play that game particularly well and I think with this United team if you give it some time and space and let it build a head of steam it's lethal.

Poster 1: The WiiU is worse than the 360 in running this game, as backed up by empirical data, so its probably inferior technologially
Poster 2: You won't last long with posts like that

Gaming-side, oh dear

pulga

Banned

This one is sexy.

Bumhead

Banned
Poster 1: The WiiU is worse than the 360 in running this game, as backed up by empirical data, so its probably inferior technologially

Gaming-side, oh dear

I bought a Wii U.

Managed to sell it without losing a penny, thank god. What a shit console.

K1LLER7

I don't even know if Pogba would get into United's midfield. What is United's midfield at the moment, what's the best formation and style you could play, and which areas could you improve it?

I wonder how it'd look laid out? Perhaps multiple times, depending on the opponents.
He'd have to take Cleverly's place in the team. Carrick on current form has to play every game.

It'd be:

------ Pogba ---- Carrick ------

Young ------ Rooney ----- Kagawa

--------------- RVP --------------

Wilbur

Banned
This one is sexy.

This formation with Anderson is what I'd like to see us play for now; Ferguson tried out the diamond but had Hernandez playing and Rooney as the focal point, when its pretty obvious that Shinji needs to be there. Would like to see this shit PLZ FROGSON ON THE OFF CHANCE YOU HAVE A GAF ACCOUNT

Clegg

Carrick and Cleverley looks pretty decent right now.

But we don't really vary the numbers in midfield. It's usually two midfielders and two wingers. Pogba/Carrick could have worked very well.

Fergie doesn't really go for three men in midfield. It means we don't play with wingers and we look much less threatening as a result.

Scum

:eek:

:O

Carbonox

More reports that Newcastle have signed Mbiwa.

Already? I knew we had a bid accepted today (or last night, whatever) but it was said that he wasn't due for talks until next week. I guess shit was sped up quickly given that we need to get him integrated in to the squad before our next match.

Clegg

I don't think it did really. I mean yeah he scored that goal but our defending for it was just...yeah, awful. It was almost a free run from the half way line to the goal.

No idea how they set up. They are much more flexible tactically under AVB. Harry only had them playing one way really.

I think it would be better for us if they try to sit back and counter on us because I'm not sure they can play that game particularly well and I think with this United team if you give it some time and space and let it build a head of steam it's lethal.

Our defending was terrible but Bale breezed past Rio so easily.

My recollection is that we had too many players forward and Spurs broke away from their half. Rio was backing up from the halfway line and Bale just ran straight past him.

It was shockingly poor from us.

Scum

Gaming-side, oh dear

It's Gaming-GAF. For most, it's either first or last, great or shit for everything, regardless. I like my purchase, and I'll hate to have most dictate my gaming purchase unless I ask for their opinion. Besides, when it comes to fancy gaming tech, it's PC > Consoles. :p

Zabojnik

Who the hell taught Bonucci how to dive?

You're Italian! DIVE like an Italian!

iI8zTcxwaJ0sI.gif

You can't learn this shit. Natural talent. Beckenbonny <3

Only one. Paul Labile Pogba.

Korez, Charles, Shake Appeal ... we want you posting here more often. It's not like you have anything better to do, let's face it.

Arnie

How long until MOTD?

Half 10, leaving da library in mere minutes. A cold walk home through the snow, accompanied by Lupe Fiasco's 'kick, push'.

Get home, throw a chicago town in the oven, and kick back to watch Lawro be a cunt.

Korez, Charles, Shake Appeal ... we want you posting here more often. It's not like you have anything better to do, let's face it.
Now that Halo's on its last legs, Shake has no excuse.

Clegg

This formation with Anderson is what I'd like to see us play for now; Ferguson tried out the diamond but had Hernandez playing and Rooney as the focal point, when its pretty obvious that Shinji needs to be there. Would like to see this shit PLZ FROGSON ON THE OFF CHANCE YOU HAVE A GAF ACCOUNT

The Ando/Carrick/Clev trio sounds good. Especially when you then have a Rooney/Kagawa/RVP front three.

But, in practice, I just don't think it would work. United have a system that is heavily dependent on pacy wingers. Look at the way Scholes and Rooney play. They're always looking for that crossfield pass to the winger thats positioned near the touchline. It's whats won us so many trophies over the last 20 years.

The entire team is conditioned to wing play. Evra and Rafael push up from their positions and give our wingers the chance to force an overlap. We get very frustrated when we try and play through the middle. We're just not set up to play that way.

I think thats one of the reasons why SAF is persisting with a woefully out of form Valencia.

arkon

Its the first Nintendo something I havent bought day one. :(

It desperately needs some heavy Nintendo titles. 3rd parties are never coming.

Same. Mostly because money was tight at the time and there wasn't really anything that jumped out at me that I needed to play asap. I'll pick one up eventually for the likes of Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3 and some of the other usual suspects. Hope Retro have something interesting in the works as well.

Clegg

Apologies to dc for being a bit ratty.

I've just watched my team, in all likelihood, get knocked out of the rugby equivalent of the Champions League.

I'm not in a good mood.

We fucking won the thing two years in row and now we're most likely not even getting out of the group stage.

Already? I knew we had a bid accepted today (or last night, whatever) but it was said that he wasn't due for talks until next week. I guess shit was sped up quickly given that we need to get him integrated in to the squad before our next match.
Maybe it's just a mistranslation then. Fee agreed but not signed.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^You mentioned once winning the CL and getting your own statue :p

We have too many FM players around here.

-
We scored 4 goals. Del Piero scored 4 goals.

4+4=8 = Marchisio's number

Happy birthday baby&#9829;

(twitter is so silly)

I've just watched my team, in all likelihood, get knocked out of the rugby equivalent of the Champions League.

I'm not in a good mood.

We fucking won the thing two years in row and now we're most likely not even getting out of the group stage.
Leinster won today didn't they?

Carbonox

BBC Sport say:

No doubt he will be allowed to leave in the Summer should we get relegated. Same applies to Debuchy I reckon.

For Mbiwa especially - with the hype surrounding him - Newcastle are most certainly a stepping stone. Though if he lives up to his hype and helps shore up our defence in games, I wouldn't give two shits should we avoid relegation thanks to his contributions. Can do whatever he wants for even chalking up the balls to want to play for a vulnerable club.

dc89

I'm not in a good mood.

No need to apologise. We were having some light hearted fun, that's how I saw it anyway.

Clegg

Leinster won today didn't they?

Yup.

But they'll be knocked out if Munster win with a bonus point tomorrow.

They're playing against a French team that are sending over their B team because they've already been knocked out.

Would take a miracle for Leinster to go through. They needed to score more tries this evening.

Meier

Zaha moved to Blackburn in 2014 after they went back up. Double digit goals 3 years running after a rather pedestrian return for Crystal Palace (4 and 2 goals in successive seasons).

Charles

I would post more, but you know, real life gets in the way. Plus most of the talk here seems to be about the premier league (which is all well and good since this is an English speaking forum) of which I'm quite willfully ignorant.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Aww Pogba hugged Conte after he scored.

I need to go to bed, work in 5 hours :(

-

Zabo, Shake and Korez join us on twitter-GAF! :p

Randdalf

I would post more, but you know, real life gets in the way. Plus most of the talk here seems to be about the premier league (which is all well and good since this is an English speaking forum) of which I'm quite willfully ignorant.

You must educate yourself, for it is The Best League In The World™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom