• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Clichy - fucking bargain at £6m. He's hardly set a foot wrong and he's a top, top player!

Zabaleta - what a warrior. One of the best right backs in the league...NO, one of the best in Europe!

Couple this with Nastasic and Kompany, we've got a quality back four who are starting to look very settled and it shows with our recent defensive record.

Trying to find this Clegg slaying but no luck. I wanted to mention though that Clichy was fantastic today. MOTM type stuff. A misplaced pass or two by Nasty but he was great in defense. All the tools to be a future Best XI player in the PL, no doubt in my mind.

K1LLER7

I couldn't have done it without my new best pal Arnold.

I think we're on the cusp of a brave new Era for FootballGAF. One where Liverpool and City fans join forces to stomp the tyrannous UnitedGAF clan into the ground.
But he doesn't own a Vita.

You can enjoy the Europa league together :p

Hixx

It's disgraceful that a team with such a shit midfield is walking the league

#One-manUnited

edit: linked with Zarate on loan

blegh

K1LLER7

#One-manUnited

C_71_article_1588459_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Apparently Conte has said that Juve are on the lookout for two new strikers.
Macheda-Pogba swap

:'(

Zabojnik

Apparently Conte has said that Juve are on the lookout for two new strikers.

All he said after the match tonight was that he and Marry 'know what needs to be done' and that he expects someone to replace Bendtner. One striker, then. It's going to be one between Immobile and Gabbiadini, imo. Nothing fancy.

Loved how Pogba was effortlessly switching between english, french and italian in the interviews. I'd say he's already at Balotelli's level as far as speaking italian goes.

#One-manUnited

edit: linked with Zarate on loan

blegh

Our strikers are too god like. 43 goals in total.

City strikers have 33. Wait, 34 if you count that young striker who scored his first goal.

:lol

If only Welberg contributed to more than 1 goal.

Wilbur

Banned
Clichy made a pretty big mistake in the derby tho.

remember when dc came in like 'when was the last time man u played well' and we were like 'the manchester derby'

remember when we should have had a penalty and there was a goal incorrectly ruled out for offside

damn

The Mirror are saying Derby want even more than £10m for Hughes.

Oh yeah it was a monstrous mistake. I was flipping my shit.. "CLEAR IT, CLEAR IT!!"
I don't blame them you know. I've never seen him play or anything but he's worth loads to them surely. May aswell make whatever they can for him.

But then is it worth a club paying that much money for such a young player...hmm...

Meier

I don't blame them you know. I've never seen him play or anything but he's worth loads to them surely. May aswell make whatever they can for him.

But then is it worth a club paying that much money for such a young player...hmm...

Yeah, I can't really see any teams spending much more on a 17-year old. That just seems far too expensive. I think £10m (which is very high as is) plus a loan for the rest of the season to help them possibly get a promotion would be a fantastic piece of business for them.

Some info about Mario to Milan:
AC Milan chief Adriano Galliani has claimed that Manchester City have quoted them €37 million for Mario Balotelli and that his side will consider a bid on Monday.

Quoted in Gazzetta dello Sport, Galliani said: “At the end of Friday, Manchester City still said €37 million. We will see on Monday. Under these conditions, he will remain at Manchester City.''
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1305731?&cc=5901

dc89

Trying to find this Clegg slaying but no luck. I wanted to mention though that Clichy was fantastic today. MOTM type stuff. A misplaced pass or two by Nasty but he was great in defense. All the tools to be a future Best XI player in the PL, no doubt in my mind.

Someone point Meier in the right direction! I think it was on the last page or the one before it. Basically... It kicked off when POGTRAYER scored.

But he doesn't own a Vita.

You can enjoy the Europa league together :p

Maybe so.

And... We're not in the Europa league. So I guess I'll root for Liverpool and Spurs in that one.

---

Wilbz, if you don't pipe down sunshine ill come and ( in the words of GarethBale) slay you like I did Clegg. That's your first and only warning.

K1LLER7

Maybe so.

And... We're not in the Europa league. So I guess I'll root for Liverpool and Spurs in that one.

---

Wilbz, if you don't pipe down sunshine ill come and ( in the words of GarethBale) slay you like I did Clegg. That's your first and only warning.

Shame City couldn't even make it into the Europa League. Guess through rooting for Liverpool, You can still enjoy those thursday nights ;)

Lightning

Banned
Mirror are also saying the Zaha deal is "close to collapse"

Palace want £15m but United are offering £10m + add ons.
Nooooooo although Palace are fucking nuts. No one is going to pay 15mil straight up. The United offer is already more than I feel he is worth.

dc89

We're in the Europa League, dc.

We will roast your beloved Spuds.

I'll root for anyone who will show the same support in April and May. When the pressure is on City to maintain that 2 point lead at the top of the table and go on to defend our title.

Deal?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Dawson on AVB:

Michael Dawson says Andre Villas-Boas won his respect by making him Tottenham’s fifth-choice centre-back at the start of the season.

The news was a crushing blow, but the club captain was grateful for the honesty of his new boss Villas-Boas (right).

And Dawson is delighted he turned down a move to QPR, having won his place back in the Tottenham team ahead
of today’s clash against ­Manchester United.

“The boss has got five top centre-halves at the club and he can only play two,” said Dawson. “He was honest and said he couldn’t guarantee me games.

“I respected him for that.

“At the start of the season when I wasn’t involved at Newcastle, he spoke to me.

“Since then I have ­respected his ­decision, there’s no point moaning about it. The boss never once left me out of the group, he’s been great. Everyone’s got opinions and, hopefully, I’ve changed his opinion now.”

Top professional. Not many players would have the balls to just get their head down and prove the manager wrong instead of sulking and whinging. Good that AVB has learned from his mistake with Alex and Anelka.

dc89

Manure will win the league in March.

NO! You're doing it wrong.

---

"If quotes from an Argentine interview are true, Tevez intends to see out the last 18 months of his contract then return home to Argentina."
@City_Watch

Oh here we go again.

Arnie

Dawson on AVB:

Top professional. Not many players would have the balls to just get their head down and prove the manager wrong instead of sulking and whinging. Good that AVB has learned from his mistake with Alex and Anelka.
Just like Henderson for us. He was told he could go to Fulham because he was fifth choice, he rejected it, and he's been absolutely brilliant this season. Now Rodgers is saying he hopes he stays for many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom