• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timurid

Absolutely, but it's easier to chase than to forever remain ahead.

Rafael remains a point of huge positivity.

Jones looked alright, despite me still not being terribly sure what his position was today.

Kagawa would have offered more attacking potential if Ferguson kept him on.

Rppney needs to go fuck off to PSG and be fat and rich there.

I dont want him anywhere near Paris!

Spurs-GAF,

Aside from the Man United games, how has Dempsey been doing this season?
Only really watch Spurs on MOTD so it is difficult to gauge his performances.

So impressed by Rio and Vidic today. Same with Clev and Welbeck.

Very frustrating time to concede but I can live with a 5 point lead over City in January with most of our tough fixtures out of the way.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
We looked better with Kagawa and Cleverley on the pitch.

Btw Scott Parker was shithouse.

First PL start in 8 months. He was rusty but he tried.

Froggie has to accept that he set his team up as if they were afraid of us and paid for it.

Meier

A shame that nobody will be talking about DDG's saves but rather his poor punch.

I didn't even think the punch was THAT bad -- just unlucky that Lennon was in the exact right spot. The ball he punched was a tough one due to how crowded he was. I didn't see the save he had on Dempsey earlier but hearing him (Deuce) describe it, it sounds like it was fantastic. He said he thought he'd scored for sure when it left his foot.

kharma45

I know. One of those weird ones where he simulataneously won you a point, should have won you 3 (if you bothered to attack properly) yet cost you 2 points in the last minute

Yep, for all his great saves a top goal keeper should be able to get a stronger fist to that ball he attempted to punch clear.

There is still always a mistake in him, still don't have that confidence in like someone like VDS inspired.

Eh you guys are over-reacting.

Welbeck did fine.

Clev off wasn't a bad sub, Jones did wonderfully for those last 20 mins.

Valencia was good on the break too.

We just didn't defend a cross and it's not surprising when the other team is so much better in the air and we aren't that great at defending them.

K1LLER7

Evra had another bad game against Lennon. He struggled against pacy wingers and can see him struggling against Madrid and Di Maria.

All the blame going on De Gea. Rafael or Valencia had to close the player down.

Spurs-GAF,

Aside from the Man United games, how has Dempsey been doing this season?
Only really watch Spurs on MOTD so it is difficult to gauge his performances.

Poor start to the season and looked like he wouldn't fit in but his worth effort is very good. Still not sure his best formation but he has been important for us in the past few months with assists and goals. One of those players who will never be the fan favourite but will always work hard

D_prOdigy

Who is criticizing Welbeck?

He was instrumental in our goal and closed down and harried all day.

He had a good game.

Welbeck was pretty good - I could see much more positivity from him today than against Liverpool, where he was sort of okay.

Rooney was terrible though. Not the situation to throw him on so he could have a big of a jog around burning off those Christmas dumplings.

Tc91

Eh you guys are over-reacting.

Welbeck did fine.

Clev off wasn't a bad sub, Jones did wonderfully for those last 20 mins.

Valencia was good on the break too.

We just didn't defend a cross and it's not surprising when the other team is so much better in the air and we aren't that great at defending them.

He was turd. This isn't bad form something is seriously wrong with the guy.

Fry

Liverpool will get top 4, I can feel it

iAg9sOUeNAoyH.gif

DominoKid

it was definitely a pen but i wasn't all that bothered over it. we probably would've missed anyway.

valencia was dogshit. drop him for an extended period of time.
rooney was shit.
welbeck was good until the final ball then he was dogshit.
rvp wasnt given a lot to work with. 1 shot 1 kill, cant ask for much more.

the gameplan was just weak and SAF's adjustments were even worse.

feel

I didn't see it like that at all but maybe I have to watch it again.

The 2/3 replays it looked like a clear pen and the commentators thought that too on our broadcast.
It was a strange play to be fair. It really seemed like a penalty from the replay from the front but then another angle from the back showed Rooney forcing contact from behind.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Poor start to the season and looked like he wouldn't fit in but his worth effort is very good. Still not sure his best formation but he has been important for us in the past few months with assists and goals. One of those players who will never be the fan favourite but will always work hard

Will always be a fan favorite here in America. More of like a legend. A god.

Great stuff. Chelsea wins (a win is a fucking win) and Dempsey sticking it in. U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A. Fuck Torres and Rafa is a cunt. I think that about covers it.

As a spurs fan, I think that was a fair score. We dominated the second half but they defended well.

I loved the commentator though. "Dempsey. He comes from Texas, where it is very hot. Today, it is very very cold." Fuck me.

LegoArmo

Gameplan was going well, goal at the end messed it up, that's about it. Spurs controlled the second half because United let them. They've been trying to cut out the you score 3, we'll score 4 thing, but it limits the attacking play.

What was Neville saying about diving?

He said Dempsey should have gone down. Redknapp then rebuked him by "Why would you go down there, through on goal, when you're a goal scorer?"

Neville shrugs his shoulders replying "To get a man sent off, get a penalty and change the game".

Redknapp shakes his head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom