• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Same. If there's any manager I don't mind profiting off us it's him. I'd be delighted to see him get CL this season, would prove all the idiots who wrote him off based on that cesspit of a job wrong.

Maybe you feel different :lol

Not really to honest. Arsenal's problems are of our own making and it's delightful to see the media finally writing some good things about the man. It's a shame we probably won't get Champion's League Football but I'd like to see AVB get some success.

Wilbur

Banned
You love Mancini too. When he makes an ass of himself. FROSTIES.

Mancini is an odd one because he's not an outwardly loathsome individual like people would say Fergie or I Dalglish, and generally he's okay. But sometimes he's just a fucking idiot.

Dibbz

Depends which Arsenal turns up. If the teams from this weekend keep their form, we should win comfortably. Then again, Arsenal looked there for the taking just before we played them at Anfield, and they walked all over us that day.

Arsenal need to realise the game doesn't start in the second half. We just do not turn up at all for 45 minutes. Fucking dumb. I expect better from Coq and Diaby, both were not helping Jack press high in midfield which let Chelsea walk right in.

Arnie

I loved AVB at Porto, but I've cooled to him slightly since then, purely because of the oppositional nature of football. He's a really good manager though, that's in no doubt, and the Chelsea job was just a poisonous vacancy that he shouldn't have considered.

I hope more managers turn their back on the job, except for maybe Moyes, I'd love to see him go there and fail.

Wilbur

Banned
I loved AVB at Porto, but I've cooled to him slightly since then, purely because of the oppositional nature of football. He's a really good manager though, that's in no doubt, and the Chelsea job was just a poisonous vacancy that he shouldn't have considered.

I hope more managers turn their back on the job, except for maybe Moyes, I'd love to see him go there and fail.

Moyes is coming to United with Phil Neville as assistant coach and winning four trebles in a row, book it

I wouldn't mind AVB at Arsenal, but I dunno about the real hardcore fans.

I don't hate Spurs as much as other Arsenal fans though, they're a good team!

Arnie

Moyes is coming to United with Phil Neville as assistant coach and winning four trebles in a row, book it
Oh, if the Unites job's free whilst he's still at Everton he's getting it, NQAT.

But I'd love to see him spunk his load too early and fuck up his entire, trophyless career at Stamford Bridge.

Clegg

A positive from the game is the Clev/Carrick pairing.

Its developing very well. If we can get Ando fit then we might actually have a decent midfield.

Randdalf

I've disliked Spurs ever since Harry bought basically half of the whole Portsmouth team to play there, but I think AVB is a fantastic manager. I think Spurs will win the Europa League this season under his management.

Wilbur

Banned
Oh, if the Unites job's free whilst he's still at Everton he's getting it, NQAT.

But I'd love to see him spunk his load too early and fuck up his entire, trophyless career at Stamford Bridge.

Depends when really. I genuinely can't see Pep to be someone where he stays for years; if he was going to do that it would have been at Barca.

If Fergie leaves at the end of Pep's last contracted year, I could see him jumping to United. Not because we're a better team or it's a better league or whatever, but because he strikes me as the type that wants the new experiences, that won't stay in one place for long, etc.

If its before then it's most likely Moyes, followed by Mou. I don't think he'll respond too fondly to being Roman'd second choice behind his arch enemy, and I don't know if he'd risk taking the City job while Fergie's still around if it meant sabotage to his chances at United. Won't like working with sporting directors either.

Do you even think he'd take that job?

Guess it would be hard for him to say no but it defo wouldn't be the kind of job he's after.

WJD

Well that pissed me right off. About four different people to blame for the goal which is a bloody shame considering the defence was so solid for the 92 minutes before that. Now only one loss away from a one game swing and after last season, I can't be confident about anything until it's a mathematical certainty.

To cheer me up me and my housemate have just been throwing maltesers at each others nobs to see who could hit them the furthest. He won.

dc89

Well that pissed me right off. About four different people to blame for the goal which is a bloody shame considering the defence was so solid for the 92 minutes before that. Now only one loss away from a one game swing and after last season, I can't be confident about anything until it's a mathematical certainty.

To cheer me up me and my housemate have just been throwing maltesers at each others nobs to see who could hit them the furthest. He won.

D_prOdigy

Depends when really. I genuinely can't see Pep to be someone where he stays for years; if he was going to do that it would have been at Barca.

If Fergie leaves at the end of Pep's last contracted year, I could see him jumping to United. Not because we're a better team or it's a better league or whatever, but because he strikes me as the type that wants the new experiences, that won't stay in one place for long, etc.

If its before then it's most likely Moyes, followed by Mou. I don't think he'll respond too fondly to being Roman'd second choice behind his arch enemy, and I don't know if he'd risk taking the City job while Fergie's still around if it meant sabotage to his chances at United. Won't like working with sporting directors either.

I think Mou is perfectly open about both returning to Chelsea and going to City, tbh.

I don't think he's fixated on United. City is just as good a portal to both domestic and European success as United for a manager like him.

Arnie

Don't be silly, Wilbury, Pep ain't going near your club.
Do you even think he'd take that job?

Guess it would be hard for him to say no but it defo wouldn't be the kind of job he's after.
He's definitely take Chelsea, the man's desperate for a promotion.

Don't be silly, Wilbury, Pep ain't going near your club.

He's definitely take Chelsea, the man's desperate for a promotion.
Well he's not going to be offered it so it makes no difference anyways.

Jones was decent too.

Needs to work on his passing but he defended well and made his tackles.
He was. Did a solid job in the middle and covering out wide. Not good enough on the ball to play there in any other type of role though.

L1NETT

This Pardew rumour has arisen from the fact that some bookies have suspended betting on Pardew being the next manager sacked.

I think.

Clegg

He was. Did a solid job in the middle and covering out wide. Not good enough on the ball to play there in any other type of role though.
Do you think we could see him play that role more often? Maybe as a replacement for Fletcher?

He looks suited to it.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Valdes is an idiot if the rumours of him believing he is the best goalkeeper in the world are true.

How delusional. :lol
valdestroll.gif

Do you think we could see him play that role more often? Maybe as a replacement for Fletcher?

He looks suited to it.
I can't imagine too many matches where we would play like this though. If he improved his passing then I suppose so but I don't know if that will come now.

Clegg

I can't imagine too many matches where we would play like this though. If he improved his passing then I suppose so but I don't know if that will come now.

Currently he's behind Vidic/Rio/Evans/Smalling for a CB spot. And Rafael is a better right-back than him too.

But I think Jones is talented enough to warrant a place in our squad in some sort of position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom