• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
He said Dempsey should have gone down. Redknapp then rebuked him by "Why would you go down there, through on goal, when you're a goal scorer?"

Neville shrugs his shoulders replying "To get a man sent off, get a penalty and change the game".

Redknapp shakes his head

Both of them have a point. Difference between dying and winning a penalty.

Clegg

Uniteds next 5 league fixtures:

Southampton (H)
Fulham (A)
Everton (H)
QPR (A)
Norwich (H)

They're all winnable imo. But we'll need to play much better than we did today.

Wes

venison crêpe
Liverpool will get top 4, I can feel it

iAg9sOUeNAoyH.gif

I do enjoy when Liverpool fans talk about the top 4 because in the next match they normally get a humbling experience.

Wilbur

Banned
Uniteds next 5 league fixtures:

Southampton (H)
Fulham (A)
Everton (H)
QPR (A)
Norwich (H)

They're all winnable imo. But we'll need to play much better than we did today.

We'll win them all very narrowly, maybe draw in QPR. We'll play shit in three of them.

Salvadora

He said it would've benefited spurs more if he went down.

Redknapp say that that would mean he dived.

Gary says Dempsey did the right thing by staying up but it would've helped spurs and changed the first half.

This makes a lot more sense, if he was advocating diving I'd be annoyed to be honest.

Fry

I do enjoy when Liverpool fans talk about the top 4 because in the next match they normally get a humbling experience.

true. loloollololol

Liverpool just need to beat Arsenal though. They can't beat one opponent above them in the table. Time has come to fix this.

Yen

Didn't see the match but saw the highlights on the news there. Dempsey scores, Fergie, covered in snow, wearing a stupid beanie, looks at his watch. Love it.

FootballFan

I can't wait to see him at some midtable club.

I can't wait for the moment he realises no other big club will want him :lol

Conversation with agent will go like this:

VV: Good morning, bring by all of the offers later on today.

A: Only 5 have been made in the last 6 months.

VV: Oh well tell me about them anyway.

A: You have offers from Xerez, Middlesbrough, Hertha Berlin, Pescara and Wellington Phoenix.

(realistically the biggest team that will probably want him is Liverpool)

Feorax

true. loloollololol

Liverpool just need to beat Arsenal though. They can't beat one opponent above them in the table. Time has come to fix this.

Depends which Arsenal turns up. If the teams from this weekend keep their form, we should win comfortably. Then again, Arsenal looked there for the taking just before we played them at Anfield, and they walked all over us that day.

Fry

Nastasic has played in 14 games. 8 Clean sheets with him on and only 10 goals conceded total.

so_good.gif

I'm surprised by your attack. Liverpool have scored 40, City 45. I would never think that the numbers would be so close.

Depends which Arsenal turns up. If the teams from this weekend keep their form, we should win comfortably. Then again, Arsenal looked there for the taking just before we played them at Anfield, and they walked all over us that day.

It'll be a painful 10 day wait. Arsenal didn't win in their last three matches...

Wilbur

Banned
Fergrill said:
"If you look at our away programme we have been to Everton, been to Liverpool, been to Manchester City, been to Tottenham... We have been to all the top teams away from home."

Haven't played Arsenal away :lol

Meier

I'm surprised by your attack. Liverpool have scored 40, City 45. I would never think that the numbers would be so close.

Me neither. For some reason, the guys just aren't as lethal this year. We should be scoring 3-4 times, easily, in the match like yesterday and we would have last season. Fortunately since Nastasic has taken over Lescott's spot, we're managing CSs most of the time so only getting 1-2 goals isn't hurting us.

No one has been remotely as clinical as say Suarez for you all. Dzeko has 10 but should have about 20...

What are City's next couple of games?

Can see United dropping points around the CL games.

Have Chelsea and 'Pool at home. Would not be surprised if we dropped points in both... :( Other 3 should be wins.

Clegg

That goal wasn't just De Gea's fault, unfortunately.

There was a mix-up between Rafael and Valencia right before the cross came in.

There is no point looking at the fixtures when you're this far out from the run-in anyways.

Wouldn't have United losing to Norwich or City to Sunderland.

Teams could drop points in any of these games. The obv difficult ones of the upcoming ones are United against Everton and City vs Chelsea.

FuturusX

De Gea...you're only as good as your last save. If your last save was a flap then, that's all anybody will remember.

EDIT:He has to take off the heads of anybody in proximity, including a team mate, when coming for that punch.

Wes

venison crêpe
I loved it when you guys thought your win at Anfield was an indication that you'd soon be climbing up the table

¬¬

That was the media more than me. Too many of the players were reading that good press after that game and started coasting.

Luckily they've been blasted for the past two months so they should be back down to earth now.

Salvadora

Villas-Boas's man-management has been an eye-catching feature of his six months in charge and he has succeeded where he failed at Chelsea in the implementation of a meritocracy. His near-pathological impulse to treat everybody the same, from the club captain to the cleaner, has gone down well, making him popular and, crucially, stoking the fires of fair competition within a talented squad. If you train and play well, you will be picked, regardless of reputation.
Talk to staff at the club about Villas-Boas and the picture forms of a likable and engaging guy, who is interested in them and has the capacity to bring everybody together.

His prioritising of team spirit saw him take the players out for dinner in New York, during the pre-season tour, and do so again in London at Christmas time, together with the coaches, medics and kit-man. He does not deal in the extremes of emotion after matches, not even the 3-2 victory at United in September, which has been the highlight thus far. He treated it as a normal win.

Defoe is obviously a fan. "It's difficult for André because he was at Chelsea and things weren't great there," he says. "Everyone's looking at him. Even before the season started, a lot of people were doubting him. What he has done so far has been brilliant. All the lads love him. He's got great ideas. He's really organised."

Villas-Boas's attention to detail is meticulous, his sessions are sharp and everything has a carefully calibrated purpose. When his team were shipping late goals, he said he "increased the complexity of the tasks the players have been doing at the end of training" to promote concentration. That was in mid-December. They have not conceded a late goal since.
I love AVB.

De Gea...you're only as good as your last save. If your last save was a flap then, that's all anybody will remember.
Yep harsh truth.

I don't think he was totally at fault anyway, Vidic too often doesn't listen to his shouts and goes for the same ball. But he should have done better when he got there.

World class saves aren't worth their value when you make mistakes which cost goals.

Still think he is doing quite well but he can only blame himself for that today.

Meier

If you haven't seen it, try and find the Watford highlights from yesterday. Scored the goal of the fucking season.

I caught that crappy youtube video recorded off someone's TV that was posted last night.. but on my phone. Thanks for the reminder to look it up again. Stunning passing.

<--Huge AVB fan

dc89

Same. If there's any manager I don't mind profiting off us it's him. I'd be delighted to see him get CL this season, would prove all the idiots who wrote him off based on that cesspit of a job wrong.

Maybe you feel different :lol

You love Mancini too. When he makes an ass of himself. FROSTIES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom