• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBlue

Does Lampard take the corners and freekicks at Chelsea? Or did he in previous seasons? That might explain it.

Damn fine stats regardless.

He takes them, but not as regularly as in the Mourinho era.

They are great stats, though I'm waiting for someone to bring up his penalty count.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Barca won the sextuple with Valdes. Think about that for a minute.

MESSIwink.gif

feel

Who gives a fuck about who's Barca's keeper, their defensive strategy is using their godly attack to scare the crap out of the opposing team into not attacking ever and it's supper effective most of the time.

FootballFan

Barca won the sextuple with Valdes. Think about that for a minute.

That is how good the rest of the team was. :p

Also Courtois is one of the few good options, Chelsea fans and people will say they want him but realistically there isn't much need. Cech is a fantastic keeper and only 30.

If a good offer came in they would sell.

They can keep their mitts off him, thanks.

They're already rumoured to want him. Personally, our club is run by morons, rumours of Falcao for cash + Courtios has been going around for a while, £10m for him from Barce.

Unfortunately I highly doubt we'll ever seen Courtios in goal for Chelsea. Cech just signed a new deal last season (November-ish I think) anyway.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Lennon today:

89% passing accuracy
2 accurate through balls
6 key passes
3 successful dribbles
3 fouls won
1 assist
3 tackles
3 interceptions

He has become such a good player under AVB. I honestly think he's been as good as Bale, he works so hard and his final ball has become really dangerous.

They're already rumoured to want him. Personally, our club is run by morons, rumours of Falcao for cash + Courtios has been going around for a while, £10m for him from Barce.

Unfortunately I highly doubt we'll ever seen Courtios in goal for Chelsea. Cech just signed a new deal last season (November-ish I think) anyway.

Give up on Falcao ffs :p all I hear from you!

DominoKid

Lennon today:

89% passing accuracy
2 accurate through balls
6 key passes
3 successful dribbles
3 fouls won
1 assist
3 tackles
3 interceptions

He has become such a good player under AVB. I honestly think he's been as good as Bale, he works so hard and his final ball has become really dangerous.

yeah he pretty much had his way today.

At the end of the day Sneijder will always be a tier 1 dickhead. I don't think Liverpool or Spurs will really care that they missed out.

Being a dickhead wouldn't bother me (as proved by my avatar :p)

Just don't think he'd cut it, and even with a reduction in wages, they'd still be massive wages.

Slizz

It's so hard to make an assessment on Sneijder. We haven't seen him play in a very long time and the few times he did play during that stretch he didn't look himself.

Wilbur

Banned
The other Pool fans will jump on me for this, but bullet dodged imo

Ten seasons of professional football and he's had two great ones. He's a very good player but he hasn't utilised his talents well over his career if I'm honest. Glad we didn't get him for the mooted price last year.

Clegg

Am I right in saying that apart from 1 shot Bale was pretty much shut down? He was kept very quiet imo.

Shame we couldn't do the same for Lennon.

Arnie

At the end of the day Sneijder will always be a tier 1 dickhead. I don't think Liverpool or Spurs will really care that they missed out.
VDV is a tier 1 dickhead for hitting his wife, but he was still a huge player for you. Think we've missed a massive trick here in not even putting a bid in. At least let him publicly turn down the contract.

Labadal

People complaining about the penalty, did you guys not see how much the ref missed that should have been given to Tottenham? The shirt pull on Dembele is one of many situations. There were at least 2 clear yellow cards that could have been given. If I remember correctly, Kagawa was involved both times.

Am I right in saying that apart from 1 shot Bale was pretty much shut down? He was kept very quiet imo.

Shame we couldn't do the same for Lennon.

Think the marking on Bale allowed Lennon to play his game more.

When Ekotto came on though we looked more effective from the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom