• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koko

Banned
Of course I'm watching the game, about time that Di María show his best form, I had always think that the reason why we were so great last year was mainly because of him, especially the first half

The fact our manager and two best players needed to express their concerns about FSG's transfer policy tells me well didn't put in a bid.
Hmm that's a good point.

Why would FSG be so hesitant, I mean apart from the obv "Carroll 35m lololol". It was a small fee, less than paid for Sturridge. Are the wages really THAT insane and unmanageable for Liverpool?

dc89

And till at last I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountain side.

Shit... I need to read LoTR again.

BBFVcYVCcAAbh3Q.jpg

Why not?

dc89

Did they mention on Sky before that United are off training in Qatar?! Whilst over there they'll probably sign some sort of commercial deal with a Qatari toilet roll manufacturer.

GorillaJu

Hmm that's a good point.

Why would FSG be so hesitant, I mean apart from the obv "Carroll 35m lololol". It was a small fee, less than paid for Sturridge. Are the wages really THAT insane and unmanageable for Liverpool?

There's a reason he moved to a Turkish club. He's not an easy player to offload – we'd be looking at another Joe Cole situation if he flopped, where we're paying someone top earner wages who can't get a look-in and wasn't ever needed in the first place.

Sneijder is a genuinely world class player on his day, but it's not as if Liverpool don't have other options. As a fan I would have loved him in red, but also in the interest of the long term, I see why it wouldn't be a wise choice.

Fry

Just visited RAWK's thread on Sturridge and seen people saying they don't like his dance.

I'm definitely putting this site behind me. Bunch of cunt.s

Wilbur

Banned
Re Sneijder, as per usual Coxy's got the right idea:

his dip in form has lasted longer than his spell of brilliance
Liverpool trying to build a young, cohesive, flexible side. Signing a rather arrogant number ten two years past his best would have been odd
Only at Inter in the 2009-10 season was he a consistently world-class performer.

K1LLER7

Just visited RAWK's thread on Sturridge and seen people saying they don't like his dance.

I'm definitely putting this site behind me. Bunch of cunt.s
I like his dance. Maybe he should teach Welbeck a move or two. But then he'll have to score which doesn't look like happening any time soon :(

He seems like a cool guy too.

PowderedToast

Gutted really, typical lack of ambition from FSG. Should've pursued him, I'm convinced an agreement could've been reached.

same. now if we get someone in it'll be overpaying for a kid who will 'come good' in a few seasons

fucking tired of FSG policy already. united just bought an 'old' player for well less than he is worth, and he'll go on to win them the league. fergie doesn't give a shit about sell on value, he cares about winning things

yeah i really need to register and start posting on rawk, sorry

WHY DO WE CARE ABOUT SELL ON VALUE IF WE'RE NOT INTERESTED IN SELLING

Arnie

:lol

Suprised you didn't add that Sturridge gif this time. Enjoy it while it lasts ;)
Well, it does get old by the end of the week, but luckily he scores every game so my vigour is renewed on a regular basis.

Just read Cox's article on Sneijder, feel better about missing out on him.

COUTINHO PLEASE

Suen

Hi guys, long time lurker finally got my account approved, this community was the one that made me registered

Edit: first top of the page :D

Another lurker! Long time lurker as well. Although the off-topic section itself motivated me to register I enjoy the activity in this community. Nice to meet you guys.

Wilbur

Banned
Another lurker! Long time lurker as well. Although the off-topic section itself motivated me to register I enjoy the activity in this community. Nice to meet you guys.

FUCK EVERYONE ENJOYS THE COMMUNITY

THE PENIS TALK WAS WORTH IT

Welcome new guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom