• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

It's frustrating as hell. Wenger admits our top 4 goal is looking very shaky, he admitted before the window opened that we needed to strengthen, 2/3rds of the window gone and we've done nothing and have 2 losses to go with it.

January is always a shit period for us but this is incredibly frustrating.

Have Arsenal even been linked solidly with anyone? I heard rumblings about Diame but that's it.

bjaelke

And Llorente.

GOALKEEPER-CELEBRATION.gif

L'Equipe is reportin dat Yann M'Vila has agreed ta terms wit Rubin Kazan. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. That would be a big-ass coup fo' em like Rondon was up in tha summer fo' realz. And if Falcaoz injury is lengthy then I be thinkin they can give Atletico a phat game up in tha Europa League.

Lightning

Banned
Have Arsenal even been linked solidly with anyone? I heard rumblings about Diame but that's it.
No. Even more frustrating. Wenger kept on harping about how Walcott's contract was top priority. It's basically all we done and we gave him what he wanted from back in August so that waste of time pisses me off as well. I think it was the right decision but should have been done much sooner, not waste our window on that.

Cavani and Vidal.
Not one solid link to them. That was twitter bs. Wenger will never offer 30mil for Vidal. Anyone thinking we done that is foolish, it never happened.

dc89

Neville is saying some interesting things on his twitter this morning.

In reference to De Gea:

"“@MrThornton: @ashlee_s_ why was it the keepers fault? The punch out was unlucky”

Never heard unlucky in 20 years in that DR room!!"

"' @manubhoy of course I accept mistakes happen. We all make them. I also understand in that club that accountability is key!"

DDG is as good as dropped.

In March, I may be getting a bonus of £600 or so

3 options:

Sony Experia T
Sony Experia Tablet Z
Gaming PC

What to do, what to do. Ideally, I'd go for one of the first 2 so there's enough left over to make a massive dent in the PS4 purchase.

The tablet looks fucking sexy, but I haven't really mich need for a tablet as this Vaio is still great for me and I do no mobile computerisating whatsoever

The phone, I'd theoretically have more use for, but can also live without. Would be nice to have a smartphone though

The gaming PC would end up costing me a lot of money I think, and I don't really have enough free time or willpower to make my way through the games I have already, let alone if Steam was to get involved

What would you go for?

rodvik

It's frustrating as hell. Wenger admits our top 4 goal is looking very shaky, he admitted before the window opened that we needed to strengthen, 2/3rds of the window gone and we've done nothing and have 2 losses to go with it.

January is always a shit period for us but this is incredibly frustrating.

I hear ya man. Same deal. here we are the 21st??? Both our teams have obvious problems that need to be fixed. If we dont buy we are going down, if you dont buy you will miss out on CL.

Drives me nuts. Even more maddening is we have known what we need for at least two months.

bjaelke

3 options:

Sony Experia T
Sony Experia Tablet Z
Gaming PC

What to do, what to do. Ideally, I'd go for one of the first 2 so there's enough left over to make a massive dent in the PS4 purchase.

The tablet looks fucking sexy, but I haven't really mich need for a tablet as this Vaio is still great for me and I do no mobile computerisating whatsoever

The phone, I'd theoretically have more use for, but can also live without. Would be nice to have a smartphone though

The gaming PC would end up costing me a lot of money I think, and I don't really have enough free time or willpower to make my way through the games I have already, let alone if Steam was to get involved

What would you go for?
You need to ask yourself this question: Can your current setup run Simcity?

Carbonox

Going back to San Francisco this weekend. YEAAAH FUCK YOU L'ANGLAIS

my flight is gonna get cancelled due to the weather isn't it? :(

3 options:

Sony Experia T
Sony Experia Tablet Z
Gaming PC

What would you go for?

Usually I'd say get a gaming PC, especially having seen the PS4's rumoured specs. It's a tough one to call though if £600 is your absolute upper limit.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wenger will never offer 30mil for Vidal. Anyone thinking we done that is foolish, it never happened.

Because you don't think Wenger is going to pay 30mil for one player or because you think Vidal is not good enough? :p

I was kidding by the way.

I've read your posts in the spec threads. They go so far over my head, they touch the toes of Quentin Tarantino's opinion of himself

:p

Does the PS3 look disappointing then, tech rumour-wise?

Nah it'll be alright, just nothing super special. If I were you, such is the fluidity of the situation just at this moment, I'd maybe wait until E3 rolls around before making an executive decision.

Nyx

FC Groningen - FC Utrecht 0-2 (0-0)

Another away-win, the 5th of the season already.
Currently in 6th place with 33 points from 19 games, 8 points behind the league-leaders.

603093_514492821904438_1318703351_n.jpg

Champions League, here we come, lol.

Lightning

Banned
Because you don't think Wenger is going to pay 30mil for one player or because you think Vidal is not good enough? :p

I was kidding by the way.
Vidal is definitely worth it but the way Wenger arranges his squads it's not a position he would spend a lot of money on. Vidal is not attacking enough, Wenger would only spend a lot of money on attacking players IMO. Wenger would only spend 30mil on a Gotze, Fabregas, Cavani etc.. Not a Vidal.

I have a hard time believing it.

He needs to replace Sagna, find a beast CB, a vicious DM, and a proper striker.
Wenger will use Jenkinson to replace Sagna and buy a young player to replace Jenkinson. We will not sign a beast cb, never happen in a million years under Wenger. Again not a position Wenger puts a lot of time. Striker yes, I can see Wenger doing that.

Nyx

Oh and Premier League clubs, watch out for Robbin Ruiter.

0090440323408000.JPG

You heard it here first, this guy is better than Michel Vorm and Tim Krul.

Well then you better hope the new controller is something special, because at the moment both machines appear to be aiming to be more PC like than ever - just not very good PCs is all.

I want the new controller to be the current controller. Fuck the DualShock haters. Fuck them right up their asymmetrical arses

If it plays Sony's first party games, its good enough for me

I want the new controller to be the current controller. Fuck the DualShock haters. Fuck them right up their asymmetrical arses

If it plays Sony's first party games, its good enough for me

Yeah they're completely scrapping the dual shock. Something something touch screen and biometric sensors apparently. I get the first party games thing though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vidal is definitely worth it but the way Wenger arranges his squads it's not a position he would spend a lot of money on. Vidal is not attacking enough, Wenger would only spend a lot of money on attacking players IMO. Wenger would only spend 30mil on a Gotze, Fabregas, Cavani etc.. Not a Vidal.

He is! 9 goals and 6 assists. <3

Yeah they're completely scrapping the dual shock. Something something touch screen and biometric sensors apparently. I get the first party games thing though.

That'd be a massive shame imo. Especially if they go for the tablet thing, which will be flung on the gimmick pile come next January, along with the Wii controller and 3D. I have no faith in anyone but first part studios bothering to come up with ways of using tablet controllers in a way which justifies the added price they necessitate

Yeah I love my dualshock and still like playing with it a lot more than the 360 one, guess it's just because I've played with that for around 15 years without any huge change and my small none freewheelinish hands. If they are going to do some touch screen crap I doubt I will bother getting it, although I will miss naughty gods games (and the last guardian 2!).

Carbonox

QPR looking to get Sissoko from Toulouse. Those fucking leech cunts. Newcastle is his top choice though, providing we enter talks with him.

Also rumours Arsenal want to hijack the move for Mbiwa.

Seriously done if all of the above goes against Newcastle.

bjaelke

Yeah I love my dualshock and still like playing with it a lot more than the 360 one, guess it's just because I've played with that for around 15 years without any huge change and my small none freewheelinish hands. If they are going to do some touch screen crap I doubt I will bother getting it, although I will miss naughty gods games (and the last guardian 2!).

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v43268822Rpgtckg4

That was you, right?

dc89

Man, they suck at finishing.

This season we do, indeed! I think that's the reason people are surprised Liverpool are quite close to City in terms of goals scored.

This season we're winning games 2-0, 1-0, 3-2 etc. Last season we scored much more freely, some I remember;

4 against Swansea, Blackburn, Villa,
5 against Tottenham, Wolves, Norwich,
6 against United, Norwich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom