• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Hey, LiverpoolGAF, tabloids here in Mexico are saying that your team is apparently interested in Guillermo Ochoa, keeper for the national team and for AC Ajaccio, who had like a bazillion saves against PSG last week in the Ligue 1.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Ecuador is going to pull off a comeback, just like the 49ers.

image.php

Maybe, our defense also sucks

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Apparently it's not just Mexican tabloids. Canal+ in France is saying Pepe Reina is gonna go to Barcelona and that Ajaccio has been offered 6 million euros for Memo Ochoa.

Messi

NFL-GAF is going nutso its amazing.

It's like when Chelsea won the CL or the Heat winning the Playoffs. Salt by the truckload

Just won Ultimate Team Division 1....yesssssssssssssssss.

Demba Ba is a beast with Mario up top. Those two really were brilliant for me. Funny how I tried this divison with so many big teams, Liga BBVA, Premier League (with Bale, Gerrard IF, etc) yet the team that won it for me:

De Gae, Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Clichy, Lennon, Parker, Fellaini, Young, Ba, Super Mario.

I can rest easy now, just relax and play casually ;p

Koko

Banned
Just won Ultimate Team Division 1....yesssssssssssssssss.

Demba Ba is a beast with Mario up top. Those two really were brilliant for me. Funny how I tried this divison with so many big teams, Liga BBVA, Premier League (with Bale, Gerrard IF, etc) yet the team that won it for me:

De Gae, Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Clichy, Lennon, Parker, Fellaini, Young, Ba, Super Mario.

I can rest easy now, just relax and play casually ;p

Don't relax too much like me, was in Division 1 since the beginning, and the other day I got relegated and now I can't even win Div. 2, maybe i need a new squad.

Kyoufu

Rumour is Pardew may be sacked soon but we'll see. I doubt it personally. Wouldn't be good for potential signings in these remaining days of the window.

Don't relax too much like me, was in Division 1 since the beginning, and the other day I got relegated and now I can't even win Div. 2, maybe i need a new squad.

Ha I think I am just going to try silver and bronze tournaments now, be nice to test out unfamiliar players and see whats what. Guessing most people online with silver squads are going to be tough though!

K1LLER7

I think this is the best way to read the thread, incredible. :lol
It's brilliant :lol

Our thugged-out asses did seem ta git mo' outta Kagawa todizzle too. Looks like tha crews slowly becomin accustomed ta his ass n' what tha fuck kind of playa he is. Wasn't too aiiight wit fergie takin his ass off yesterday, peeped as he was pretty tidy wit tha bizzle n' gave our asses mo' of a threat up in tha final third. Y'all KNOW dat shit, muthafucka! Dude links up well wit carrick, clev n' welbeck which will only improve yo. Hopefully our crazy-ass asses git ta peep RVP, Rooney n' Kagawa all start together soon.

LOL at Ferguson. And not even just the headgear. His tirade at the end was delicious.

Its nice to see Shinji playing well though. I just watched the game in full and it seemed it changed completely when Rooney came on.

I like that Chelsea won too, it lights a fire under the Manchester clubs.

FuturusX

Complaints about the ref in the Spurs game...well I suppose. No bias at all though, the ref was just as blind to decisions for both sides.

Perhaps the snow and the cold got to him? "Bugger this I want to keep me hands in me pockets..."

Not for the first time - Rooney would perhaps profit more by staying on his feet.

Lennon was on fire today. A performance that spur'd (get it?) his team on to a pretty dominating second half. UTD conceded too much possession again and let Spurs have their way with them. UTD shifted to a more counter attacking style which has it's benefits but also invites trouble. Perhaps that was not by design but it tends to be a trend I see in their play.

It was one of those game where the natural pattern of play could have yielded a 3-0 win for UTD (With better options upfront - Wellbeck!) or the same result for Spurs had Defoe and Dempsey put on their shooting boots.

UTD have conceded a lot of goals home and away - I just don't think they are good enough defensively to play that way.

With the attacking weapons they have it makes sense, but you have to defend better. Having said that - I much prefer a possession game.

Salazar

I just watched the game in full and it seemed it changed completely when Rooney came on.

I've howled in the past for him to play as a more orthodox striker and stop haring around midfield, but we really needed him to get stuck in a bit more.

And again, more tenacity in closing down wingers. Whenever Lennon cut inside, however casually, he was earning himself a few yards and seconds totally free. If you let the winger get off an unpressured cross, you've not done your job.

And yeah, ref was shite both ways. Scott Parker getting a foul for throwing himself across Welbeck was completely fucking absurd. And Kagawa seems to be putting himself about a bit, lol.

FootballFan

You ignorant Napoli-lover. <3 Il Grande Torino were basically the Barca of their time. One of the greatest tragedies in football.

mazzola.jpg

Yeah I read that too. They were current Serie A champions and were winning the league with 4 games left before the accident.

What the hell :lol

Me:
"Didn't know Torino had its playas capped up in a plane crash back up in 1949. Was fucked up readin bout dat shit. "

Zabojniks reply:
"Yo ass ignorant Napoli-lover. <3 Il Grande Torino was basically tha Barca of they time. One of tha top billin tragedies up in football."

Thought for a second I really posted that..

FootballFan

Footbizzle.....

I don't understand..

Basically translates the posts into Gangsta' Speak. For example, in the first page of this thread.

You posted:

"Eggman has been permabanned.

This is a sad day. "

But on that Gazoogle or whatever it is, your post is:

"Eggman has been permabanned.

This be a fucked up day."

I want to find a Fady post lol. PrematureQuiche's posts are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom