• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
Since we're just posting gifs.

imyYgOczK6e4y.gif

I am the usain bolt of masturbation when I want to be. Sometimes you gotta get there fast.

Where's the oddest place you have done it? Once, and I am not proud of this but needs must... I did it in the back seat of a moving bus. There was no one near but it's still wrong :/
There is this one video of an Asian camgirl that will make me cum in 2 minutes. Just seeing her smile is enough, she hasn't even undressed yet.

Weirdest place for me would be a public pool dressing room.

jtb

Banned
Same as Arsenal if you guys are too stingy to sell us David Villa.

do we really need Villa though? I actually like our strike force. Walcott's scoring goals, Giroud's got the talent, imo, and Podolski's nice to have as depth. For me, the problem areas are just about every other position :lol

Thing is, I have no idea what goes through Wenger's head with these transfers any more. If we were any other team, I'd look at the opportunity cost of signing a ~15m aging striker who just broke his leg (granted, one of the best strikers in the world) over that of spending 15m towards shoring up that midfield or defense, and I'd probably favor buying a Diaby replacement ASAP or a top defender. But then again, it's Wenger, so I guess we should just take whatever we can get. Could do worse than Villa, that's for sure.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
United did well buying RVP. Instead of buying midfielders AND defenders, they bought a player who's capable of masking the team's deficiencies.

So he's kinda like Ibra, except he scores in big games.

Lightning

Banned
do we really need Villa though? I actually like our strike force. Walcott's scoring goals, Giroud's got the talent, imo, and Podolski's nice to have as depth. For me, the problem areas are just about every other position :lol

Thing is, I have no idea what goes through Wenger's head with these transfers any more. If we were any other team, I'd look at the opportunity cost of signing a ~15m aging striker who just broke his leg (granted, one of the best strikers in the world) over that of spending 15m towards shoring up that midfield or defense, and I'd probably favor buying a Diaby replacement ASAP or a top defender. But then again, it's Wenger, so I guess we should just take whatever we can get. Could do worse than Villa, that's for sure.
I don't like our strike force. Walcott can rip apart teams that are tired or don't defend properly but I'm not confident Walcott is going to score crucial goals for us in tight games where teams press and defend properly. Someone like David Villa who is proven pedigree and a deadly finisher is soneone who can get us crucial goals and can beat a man with skill. Giroud is good but still feel we need something more there.

I agree with you on our midfield and I've been beating the Diaby drum for ever that he needs to go and we have a lack of steel there. It is clearly a problem and we also need to address that. This comes back to not replacing Song who was not good at it anyway but a Capoue or Bender is ideal to what we need but that will cost a lot. Top quantity defender we've needed for ages but we're never getting one.

Good news is Walcott is likely to extend his contact so that's something. Would be infuriating if he left for free. But fuck we've gotta stop that shit from happening.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
tutjan8.jpeg

Conte: “I’ve never asked the club for him”

Marotta: “He’s given us his availability”

Drogba : “I’ve not been contacted”

His agent: “I spoke to Juve and Milan”

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Then we should piss you off and give 30mil to Fiorentina for Jovetic.

We offered 30 last summer and they said no :(

35 is/was his release clause, IIRC

So Serie A gaf, what can you tell me about Milan's Abate? We're having talks with him for some reason, despite right back being far from our strongest need.

I wouldn't mind doing them next season

Yo Bacon, keep us updated on Metro 2033. It has many peaks and troughs.

The greatest thing about the book is the way it makes you want to temporarily live in and explore that world, despite the constant and ever-present poverty, fear, danger and depression

Creates an interesting contrast with The Road imo

jtb

Banned
I don't like our strike force. Walcott can rip apart teams that are tired or don't defend properly but I'm not confident Walcott is going to score crucial goals for us in tight games where teams press and defend properly. Someone like David Villa who is proven pedigree and a deadly finisher is soneone who can get us crucial goals and can beat a man with skill. Giroud is good but still feel we need something more there.

I agree with you on our midfield and I've been beating the Diaby drum for ever that he needs to go and we have a lack of steel there. It is clearly a problem and we also need to address that. This comes back to not replacing Song who was not good at it anyway but a Capoue or Bender is ideal to what we need but that will cost a lot. Top quantity defender we've needed for ages but we're never getting one.

Good news is Walcott is likely to extend his contact so that's something. Would be infuriating if he left for free. But fuck we've gotta stop that shit from happening.

I think the striker pecking order should be Giroud, Walcott... and then whoever's left. I agree that Walcott is inconsistent and has yet to prove himself against the big teams, but he's certainly a great option to have depending on the opposition. I think he'll do much better against teams that press because of all the space he'll get—though teams that sit back, he'll definitely have trouble. Plus, he seems to be improving... I'd love to see a lopsided 4-4-2 with both Giroud and Walcott sometime but Wenger will never go for it.

At this point, I agree that Walcott's gotta sign that contract if only because there's very little guarantee he'll actually be replaced should he leave (especially if its for free). Not to mention, we've got to get out of this selling mentality. I honestly thought that this summer could've been a turning point for the club to stop this decay with Cazorla/Giroud/Podolski, but nope. Same story as always. Season basically over since Diaby got injured against Chelsea—great call Wenger!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Not renewing contracts is a brilliant selling strategy by Wenger if you think about it.

Many suitors for players with <1.5 left on their contract.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Someone translate the Dzeko and Cavani bits on the front cover Yurt posted!

It's an Italian paper so, "Bullshit" and "Bullshit".

"Dzeko is Milito&#8217;s heir"
"&#8364;55m for Cavani! Napoli say no to City"

Edit: Fuck I thought I was editing my post, sorry!

He's quick, he's fast and he's got pace.

Uh oh. Sounds like he's a shit defender. I guess Anyukov is regressing faster than we all thought. Otherwise, I have no idea what Spalletti is thinking beyond just bringing in Italians to keep him company.

Lightning

Banned
I think the striker pecking order should be Giroud, Walcott... and then whoever's left. I agree that Walcott is inconsistent and has yet to prove himself against the big teams, but he's certainly a great option to have depending on the opposition. I think he'll do much better against teams that press because of all the space he'll get—though teams that sit back, he'll definitely have trouble. Plus, he seems to be improving... I'd love to see a lopsided 4-4-2 with both Giroud and Walcott sometime but Wenger will never go for it.

At this point, I agree that Walcott's gotta sign that contract if only because there's very little guarantee he'll actually be replaced should he leave (especially if its for free). Not to mention, we've got to get out of this selling mentality. I honestly thought that this summer could've been a turning point for the club to stop this decay with Cazorla/Giroud/Podolski, but nope. Same story as always. Season basically over since Diaby got injured against Chelsea—great call Wenger!
I had massive doubts over our season the second we sold RVP. We went into this season with Giroud as our main striker who has no premier league experience, he's done alright, and now Walcott becoming a centre forward. That was an extremely risky move from Wenger made crazy when placing faith in Diaby as well. Giroud has done okay but will not set the league alight with goals and Diaby's career is over.

The best thing if Walcott extends is we'll have our British core and we'll avoid the backlash from the media which we will receive wave after wave if he leaves.

image.php

good luck!

Hah!

Suarez has beautiful teeth, he's just waiting for the rest of the world to catch up and evolve to similar teeth :D

Not worried about the actual appointment at all, just can't be arsed to walk there and back, especially if I have to pay for it

edit: Fucking hell gaming-side is annoying sometimes.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This dentist myth needs to die. They stopped pulling teeth with strings decades ago! :p

They only thing you 'feel' there is the pressure applied on your tooth or gums.

Edit: And your saliva I suppose :p

jtb

Banned
I had massive doubts over our season the second we sold RVP. We went into this season with Giroud as our main striker who has no premier league experience, he's done alright, and now Walcott becoming a centre forward. That was an extremely risky move from Wenger made crazy when placing faith in Diaby as well. Giroud has done okay but will not set the league alight with goals and Diaby's career is over.

The best thing if Walcott extends is we'll have our British core and we'll avoid the backlash from the media which we will receive wave after wave if he leaves.

I was never particularly attached to RVP, so I was fine with him leaving. Clearly he's proven me wrong because he's been fantastic so far this season, let's see if he can last another season without a major injury.

I'm mixed on the whole British core thing. On one hand, it ensures loyalty because, if nothing else, the players will be too fucking expensive for any suitors once you factor in the English tax should they turn good. But on the other, Wilshere and maybe Gibbs aside, I'd say all of these players are either unproven or simply a cut below our standards from the previous era (basically Cesc's team). Like, Ramsey's got potential; but is it really a good idea to give him a pay rise and a lengthy contract just for loyalty's sake? There's something to be said for making them earn it, imo, and a player like Ramsey simply hasn't earned it yet.

Plus, I think Wenger is missing the point with this rebuilding phase; if we were winning shit to begin with, none of the foreign core would've wanted to leave in the first place. And if it's money they're after, well, they'll leave either way. This whole thing is just really frustrating.

Lightning

Banned
I was never particularly attached to RVP, so I was fine with him leaving. Clearly he's proven me wrong because he's been fantastic so far this season, let's see if he can last another season without a major injury.

I'm mixed on the whole British core thing. On one hand, it ensures loyalty because, if nothing else, the players will be too fucking expensive for any suitors once you factor in the English tax should they turn good. But on the other, Wilshere and maybe Gibbs aside, I'd say all of these players are either unproven or simply a cut below our standards from the previous era (basically Cesc's team). Like, Ramsey's got potential; but is it really a good idea to give him a pay rise and a lengthy contract just for loyalty's sake? There's something to be said for making them earn it, imo, and a player like Ramsey simply hasn't earned it yet.

Plus, I think Wenger is missing the point with this rebuilding phase; if we were winning shit to begin with, none of the foreign core would've wanted to leave in the first place. And if it's money they're after, well, they'll leave either way. This whole thing is just really frustrating.
Gibbs has more potential than Clichy. I think we'll win on that one. Jenkinson certainly has more to prove but he didn't get that bigger pay rise. Chamberlain also didnt get that bigger pay rise and has a lot of potential. I feel confident he will become a really top player. Wilshere is the pick of the bunch and luckily for us the biggest one to wear his heart on his sleeve. That's a core but still plenty of room for oversees players but we need these players to be top quality players. Case in point is there are not too many overpaid British flops in our squad but our oversees players oh fuck we've got problems here. I could list them but no point as we both know already who they are and that's the shit that needs to stop. Cesc is in Theirry Henry's class, he simply cannot be matched for what he done for us on the pitch. There is no direct replacement for someone as brilliant as Cesc and he made those around him look a lot better than they really were.

Our flop rate compared to success rate has gotten really poor. Gervinho needs a special mention here as what a disaster he is.

We fix our oversees buying we start winning. Simple as that. Our British core are not the problem it's everything else.

jtb

Banned
Gibbs has more potential than Clichy. I think we'll win on that one. Jenkinson certainly has more to prove but he didn't get that bigger pay rise. Chamberlain also didnt get that bigger pay rise and has a lot of potential. I feel confident he will become a really top player. Wilshere is the pick of the bunch and luckily for us the biggest one to wear his heart on his sleeve. That's a core but still plenty of room for oversees players but we need these players to be top quality players. Case in point is there are not too many overpaid British flops in our squad but our oversees players oh fuck we've got problems here. I could list them but no point as we both know already who they are and that's the shit that needs to stop.

Our flop rate compared to success rate has gotten really poor. Gervinho needs a special mention here as what a disaster he is.

We fix our oversees buying we start winning. Simple as that. Our British core are not the problem it's everything else.

Gibbs might have more potential, but he's also far more injury prone. Agreed on the rest. Gervinho is a disaster (made even worse by the disastrous decision to play him as a striker before Walcott), Squillaci is a disaster, Chamakh is a disaster, the less said about Park and Santos the better. Smart, shrewd buys are out there, but Wenger just refuses to pull the trigger. It's baffling. I just worry that the British core, which is mostly potential atm, is going to be Wenger's latest excuse for not reinforcing the team.

So Serie A gaf, what can you tell me about Milan's Abate? We're having talks with him for some reason, despite right back being far from our strongest need.

Fast, great player when he has to defend, not that good when he has to help our strikers. He has had his best season a couple of years ago, when we won the Scudetto, but this season has been kinda meh, he's not playing at his best. He's only afraid of Milito, usually he's the only player that gets past him, otherwise he managed to hold everybody else: in fact, if you take a look at our conceded goals, most of them came from the left side, where Antonini is (just to name one: Matri's goal last year in Milan-Juve, ended 1-1, or the Siena's goal last weekend). He can do better, especially when he has to create chances upfront.

I'm not sure if Milan actually wants to sell him, I'm guessing that we'll get rid of him only when we'll receive an indecent proposal: he's one of the few players that grew up in our youth sector (so far, we have him, Abbiati, Antonini, Ambrosini, De Sciglio and Strasser), if we manage (with miracles and whatnot) to get to the third place this year we'll need to keep him for the CL list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom