• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested in what people outside the USA think about this movie. For some reason I feel weird about it, but I heard it was good.

Great movie really.

I thought it was pretty bad. Feels like the director has some sort of agenda to push with the way she makes it out that this young strong woman overcomes all the men and saves the day. To top it off it glorifies torture and tries to make it seem like a reliable way to get information.

Hurt Locker is so much better but the director has gone off the deep end with ZDT.

Don't listen to this man. Movie flew over his head apparently.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Bale on Twittter: "Another important London derby match for us tomorrow. We've got to keep the winning run going #sorryharry"

Onuoha is going to get reamed.

GQman2121

Banned
Sitting in the theatre and just watched Sunhi's YouTube vid. Jesus Christ, that poor kid. He brought it on himself, but god damn. Completely made to look a fool and outright exposed. Shameful.

Dibbz

Sitting in the theatre and just watched Sunhi's YouTube vid. Jesus Christ, that poor kid. He brought it on himself, but god damn. Completely made to look a fool and outright exposed. Shameful.

Some people enjoy being in the spotlight. He seems like that type, so these vids and shit will probably do nothing other than excite him by giving him the exposure he's craving.

Some people enjoy being in the spotlight. He seems like that type, so these vids and shit will probably do nothing other than excite him by giving him the exposure he's craving.
The amount of photos he had of himself posing with various items on his facebook was insane.

And lest not forget his Minecraft 1.8 song.

Timurid

Fuck, i hate games like these! You pretty much dominate your opponent in all aspects of the game, but you can't put the ball in the back of the net. Plus, they're defending was shit and ochoa did an ok job blocking a few saves. On top of that, you have that thug motta running around and breaking people's legs. Why make a fucking tackle like that when you had 2 other defenders in the box. Fuck, that guy has no brain whatsoever. Ancelotti should of started Chantome instead of that thug.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^Do you feel our pain now?
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

Sunhi did a youtube vid? Which one?

Here!

It doesn't glorify torture, like AT ALL. It's incredible that some came away with this impression, just because the movie didn't take the time to have somebody tell us that torture is wrong....

Torture is wrong, and you saw it was wrong. It's there for you to see, it's also there for you to see that CIA was forced to change the ways in which they operate. It makes perfect sense that for the characters that were used to accomplish the retrieval of sensitive information through the use of torture, that they don't seem happy that it's not happening anymore. And even then, the character that did seem to have a very pragmatic outlook on it got affected by it in the end. Not to mention fingers pointed at the blunder that was the WMD scenario in Iraq.

Regarding the woman that is somehow a super agent of sorts? I don't even get it. In Hurt Locker we had a cowboy guy. In this we have a female character that dedicates herself to finding Osama's Bin Hidin courier. The way she manages, through persistence yet through luck, yet through smarts didn't defy at all credibility. It's not nearly as simple as the woman who overcomes all men, since the movie doesn't even play it that way and if you left the movie thinking like that, then maybe you are being sexist? Would it have been better if instead of a female intelligence agent, there was a male there?

The distance that the movie creates between the morality of the situation and the reality of the situation was the whole point. It's not about that, but if you want to draw your own conclusions you can.

Regarding Hurt Locker vs ZDT. Completely different movies, with completely different messages and approaches.

L1NETT

There is a Saints fan in here right? If so, what is Ryan Dickson like? He just joined us on loan.

Also, props to Parky for not going to Blackpool. Clearly doesn't want to go to a smaller club.

Timurid

It doesn't glorify torture, like AT ALL. It's incredible that some came away with this impression, just because the movie didn't take the time to have somebody tell us that torture is wrong....

Torture is wrong, and you saw it was wrong. It's there for you to see, it's also there for you to see that CIA was forced to change the ways in which they operate. It makes perfect sense that for the characters that were used to accomplish the retrieval of sensitive information through the use of torture, that they don't seem happy that it's not happening anymore. And even then, the character that did seem to have a very pragmatic outlook on it got affected by it in the end. Not to mention fingers pointed at the blunder that was the WMD scenario in Iraq.

Regarding the woman that is somehow a super agent of sorts? I don't even get it. In Hurt Locker we had a cowboy guy. In this we have a female character that dedicates herself to finding Osama's Bin Hidin courier. The way she manages, through persistence yet through luck, yet through smarts didn't defy at all credibility. It's not nearly as simple as the woman who overcomes all men, since the movie doesn't even play it that way and if you left the movie thinking like that, then maybe you are being sexist? Would it have been better if instead of a female intelligence agent, there was a male there?

The distance that the movie creates between the morality of the situation and the reality of the situation was the whole point. It's not about that, but if you want to draw your own conclusions you can.

Regarding Hurt Locker vs ZDT. Completely different movies, with completely different messages and approaches.
This.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The income tax rate for players in the Premier League is 50%, 45% in Bundesliga, 43% in La Liga/Serie A, 40% in Ligue 1 and 15% in Turkey.
It's just one game, but the entire PSG team has been poor the whole season (except Ibra I guess).

Ancelotti is going to get the sack if they don't win Ligue 1 or CL.

Wrong manager. :p

FootballFan

It's just one game, but the entire PSG team has been poor the whole season (except Ibra I guess).

I'm kidding lol. I like Lucas, but I am just saying the inevitable, you will hear it from someone else who will be serious lol.

Timurid

Moura wasn't poor at all. He was the best PSG player on the pitch. What game were you watching? He created a lot of chances for ibra, pastore, Lavezzi, and many more. All of his corners were superb. It's just was a bad game for us. Every club has one of these types of games like Barca vs Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Plus, you have to give them time too. They need time to adjusts especially Van der wiel, who's been so shit that I forgot about him. :lol

We are going to win the Ligue 1. Marseille is shit and Lyon are selling their best players.

Yurt, I know that feel now, but I don't feel bad for you guys tho. :D

Some more Nuri stuff:
"Real Madrid was always my dream club. When I was there, I noticed that I only wanted to be in Dortmund."

More like "when I sucked at Madrid", right? Can't believe he would have felt the same if he had played an important role for Real.

And the SZ says:
- BVB wanted to buy him permanently
- Real didn't like that
- buy option for about €10m in 2014

Don't get this. In which way would the loan deal benefit Real? Now, they have the risk that we won't buy him and they have to pay him for another 3 years. Okay, maybe a bit higher price through a possible loan fee but well...

Kyoufu

Moura wasn't poor at all. He was the best PSG player on the pitch. What game were you watching? He created a lot of chances for ibra, pastore, Lavezzi, and many more. All of his corners were superb. It's just was a bad game for us. Every club has one of these types of games like Barca vs Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Plus, you have to give them time too. They need time to adjusts especially Van der wiel, who's been so shit that I forgot about him. :lol

We are going to win the Ligue 1. Marseille is shit and Lyon are selling their best players.

Yurt, I know that feel now, but I don't feel bad for you guys tho. :D

Marseille play like a team and have Joey Barton. Toon Legend.

Didn't say Moura was poor. He was their best player on the pitch but that's not saying much on the whole as they were all pretty meh.

sneaky77

Don't get this. In which way would the loan deal benefit Real? Now, they have the risk that we won't buy him and they have to pay him for another 3 years. Okay, maybe a bit higher price through a possible loan fee but well...

Some other team offers more $$ if he does well in Germany

Messi

He seemed real desperate from the beginning saying shit like 'this thread is going to be amazing because of you guys' reeked of attention seeking

FootballFan

From Messi's interview with France Football(or something like that):

"I hope I win it more times, but it isn't an obsession.

The first time in Paris was unique because it was the first time, and I was surrounded by my family. The second time came as a complete shock. The third time I drew level with Platini, Cruyff and Van Basten, which made me very proud. And now I've overtaken them. Each award is different.

I didn't say everything I wanted to [during the acceptance speech]. I hadn't prepared anything and didn't have any written notes, but I didn't want to forget anyone. Especially not Tito or Abidal. I should have congratulated Cristiano, too. But that's what always happens to me, the emotion overwhelms me and I lose my train of thought.

As I've said on numerous occasions, there is nothing like winning trophies with your team. You cannot compare what it's like to win a final, lift the trophy and share that feeling with all your teammates. There is no more beautiful feeling for a footballer. When I close my eyes and look back at my career so far, the first image that comes to mind is the night of our win over Manchester United in Rome. I think about my header and how happy everyone was after the final whistle"

Fry

Sneijer is waiting for a bid from Pool?

I want to believe. I want to believe. I want to believe. I want to believe. I want to believe. I want to believe.

Feorax

Sneijer is waiting for a bid from Pool?

I want to believe. I want to believe. I want to believe. I want to believe. I want to believe. I want to believe.

I'd like to think that having cleared Kuyt, Bellamy, Maxi, Cole and Sahin off the wage bill in the last 6 months, we could afford the wages for at least one experienced attacking player.

Dibbz

Come on. There is a scene after they stop using torture where she is talking to one of the higher ups, and she wants to find out some info about the compound I think, and the guy basically says, well yeah we can't get info because we can't torture anymore.

I take that as a pretty pro-torture statement. Saying there is no other possible route to obtain info other than torture. Nobody questions it, everyone accepts that it is the only way to get accurate information which is bullshit.

No I wouldn't care if it was a male it would still smell of shitty hollywood crap. One superman/woman able to focus these people and find the target that no one else could? She courageously stands up to the higher ups writing days passed on windows like some sort of nutter. Oh god these men are just as bad as the terrorists that have killed our friends.

What about the terrorists? Nothing is ever said about them apart from they leik to blow stuffs up. Oh and the intro starts with 9/11 calls to make sure everyone is one the same terrorist hating page that they should be on.

There is only one redeeming part of the movie and that is the last 10 minutes where there is no bullshit. No heartstrings being tug on. Just guys doing a mission with no side story about how they want to get home and see their kids. It's almost as if the last 10 minutes are written and directed by different people from the rest of the movie.

Mandy Henry ‏@MandyHenryMedia
SAF on City trying to sign RVP last summer: "I wasn't aware of City's interest until he told me himself he'd turned them down." #mufc

iAFZHGxywPG0P.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom