• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Feorax

Sturridge should have done better with that ball from Suarez, but he's still playing very well and getting into some great positions. Seems to have already lost so many bad habits he had at Chelsea.

Not very happy with our defensive style, system problem rather than a personnel one though. The back 7 are playing like a Hodgson team tbh when we don't have the ball, only closing down properly and blocking the avenues when the ball is 25-30 yards from goal.

Also, we need to stop giving corners away*, and start hoofing it when necessary, especially if Sturridge is stood on Mertesacker's shoulder. Wisdom still terrifies me when facing our goal. I'd personally switch Suarez and Downing, Suarez has the better tools for exploiting Santos' weaknesses. Gerrard has seemingly been given the Parker role, throwing himself in front of everything.

*even if they have a poor record from corners, anyone can score from the odd one.

And I know that is very negative, but this is far, far from a safe lead.

Labadal

Let's see if we can keep this up in the second half. We should maybe have managed to put away one more chance.

When Gerrard retires, we'll be in trouble.

feel

Fucking Barca again with the tikitakaZzzzzzzz.. game was great there for 5-10min when it was broken and end to end.

It's bonkers that he doesn't play more. Rafa is obviously a Liverpool spy trying to ruin us.

For once I will defend Rafa. Marin has looked complete and utter shit and from Werder supporters it sounds like really he wasn't even that great for them. Just sell him again quickly, he's fast but otherwise useless, could do a lot better for cheap.

Top Bottom