• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Brinbe

It's like they bagged that 2nd goal and then decided to close up shop and go to sleep for the next hour. Unacceptable. Can't deal with that Southampton press at all.

United-gaf making it sound like United are being outplayed at the moment :(
Being drastically outplayed.

Kyoufu

O55mzkD.png

First bet in ages. :lol

I just think we're so easy to score against. Press into our players constantly and put them under a bit of pressure and we'll shit bricks and sit back, then pump ball after ball into the box and our players barely even bother to jump off the ground to defend them. Rinse and repeat and we'll lose.

Our performances have actually got worse as the season has gone on but the results have got better. Weird.

We're looking like more of a unit attacking-wise and in midfield, but our defense is systematically shambolic. Look at the players

Lucas
Agger
Carragher
Wisdom
Johnson
Reina

All of them were decent to good, and they were well supported by their wingers and Gerrard. Yet we concede 2 goals from within 10 yards, one a free header, one a free shot. Something needs to be done about it.

They ruined my Henderson jizz-fest as well :(

Feorax

Positives!

Henderson has managed to match his goal tally for the entirity of last season in 2 consecutive games.

Not quite sure who of that front 4 gets dropped for Coutinho. Downing maybe, with Sturridge moving to RW?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Expected to drop points tonight. Defoe has to just fuck off now for me, its crippling us. If we don't bring a striker in tomorrow we are royally fucked.

Parker was far shittier than the half-fit zombie Defie we saw today. We need a midfielder as well as a striker, we can't afford to nurse Parker through the test of the season.

pulga

Banned
lol, was it to Turok I said we couldn't expect Varane to be the Great Wall of China?

If so, I've never been so glad to be "owned".

Amazing match by him.

Clegg

Phil Jones is the primary reason he didn't sign for them. Dodged a bullet.

No.

We wanted Varane but Zidane met with him and asked him to sign for Madrid.

Then we bought Jones a year earlier than planned because Liverpool were looking to sign him.

LTWheels

The transformation of Henderson has been magnificent this season. From being too timid to even shoot. Now he's taking on players etc..

pulga

Banned
Fantastic game. We've been playing very good at Camp Nou lately, so not everything is lost!

Varane, indisputable MOTM.

Meier

No.

We wanted Varane but Zidane met with him and asked him to sign for Madrid.

Then we bought Jones a year earlier than planned because Liverpool were looking to sign him.

Just going by Varane's own words.

Asked about the reasoning behind his decision to head for Spain, Varane told L'Equipe: "PSG? The project there wasn't clear. The Qataris had only just arrived and it was all very vague.

"Manchester United? They had just signed Phil Jones in my position.

"My first reaction when Real wanted to sign me was not, 'Of course I will go'. I only made my decision when I knew that the coach wanted me to play in the first team."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...asons-behind-his-decision-to-join-Real-Madrid

Top Bottom