• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

FuturusX

So you think the table will stay the way it is now or are you in fantasy land thinking Liverpool will rise up?

Liverpool have a better striker than Arsenal, in Suarez. So the possibility is there for sure. Realistically - I can see Spurs pushing on and holding 4th and Arsenal getting 5th.

But I wouldn't be shocked if Everton keep their place. They are tough to beat. It's not like Arsenal have been great this season, a team that has been wobbling all season doesn't suddenly become world beaters overnight. But hey if they do - hats off.

Any Arsenal fan who thinks 4th is a lock is operating on a drug called hope.

EDIT: Spurs didn't sign a striker though - so perhaps they'll struggle for goals in the run-in. But the table stays as it is? Why not. Arsenal have been mediocre and the table doesn't lie.

Salazar

I don't think Everton will wobble that badly.

I hope to god we beat them, and beat them soundly, but them holding it together wouldn't surprise me at all.

Blablurn

3,w=390,c=0.bild.jpeg

Guardiola is ready for Bayern

Lightning

Banned
Liverpool have a better striker than Arsenal, in Suarez. So the possibility is there for sure. Realistically - I can see Spurs pushing on and holding 4th and Arsenal getting 5th.

But I wouldn't be shocked if Everton keep their place. They are tough to beat. It's not like Arsenal have been great this season, a team that has been wobbling all season doesn't suddenly become world beaters overnight. But hey if they do - hats off.

Any Arsenal fan who thinks 4th is a lock is operating on a drug called hope.

EDIT: Spurs didn't sign a striker though - so perhaps they'll struggle for goals in the run-in. But the table stays as it is? Why not. Arsenal have been mediocre and the table doesn't lie.
The table doesn't lie but mediocre is just wrong. Inconsistent is a more realistic word to describe us. There's only 4 points in it and that's only because we played Liverpool, City and Chelsea one after the other. I am certain Wenger will get our team up for it, he's really good at doing that. And Everton have some really hard games to play, City could bury Liverpool for us this weekend and hopefully Spurs drop more points.

Lightning man what's with the Southampton hate? I like them and would much prefer them stay up then QPR or Villa
No Southampton hate. I was just responding to 3Sixty's bait. I don't want Southampton relegated either but I like Villa so want them to stay up but bloody hell their current form is shocking,

Plasma

Banned
Monreal better be good as he cost us 12.5 mil I am hearing from various sources. 8.3 I heard earlier must only be the upfront fee but the full amount is around 12.5 which is a lot of money for a left back.

Think that is in euros though, works out about £8.5m I think. Santos cost us £6.2m in comparison, so even if Monreal did end up costing us double then it would still be worth it.

Lightning

Banned
Think that is in euros though, works out about £8.5m I think. Santos cost us £6.2m in comparison, so even if Monreal did end up costing us double then it would still be worth it.
To be rid of Santos is worth it. Anything to be rid of Santos!

What ya reckon of our chances of top 4, buddy?

Salazar

Huh, Swansea did sort of try to replace Graham.

They are understood to have approached Queen's Park Rangers over Jamie Mackie and Seville regarding Manu.

Mackie's not really worth having, though. Dunno anything about Manu.

FootballFan

Which of the CONCALAFF scrubs are you hoping to face in the intercontinental playoff? Honduras? So you can take your war with Pulga to a third front?

Doesn't matter, Winston Reid will make mince meat out of any of those pretenders.

Chris Wood - Smeltz - Rojas. Unstoppable forwards.

Plasma

Banned
What ya reckon of our chances of top 4, buddy?

We're only 4 points off so we still have a good chance, going to be tough though seeing as we're still in the CL and the FA Cup and our squad is a bit thin on numbers. I think our chances hinge more on Spurs buckling under pressure like they have done in the past.

Lightning

Banned
We're only 4 points off so we still have a good chance, going to be tough though seeing as we're still in the CL and the FA Cup and our squad is a bit thin on numbers. I think our chances hinge more on Spurs buckling under pressure like they have done in the past.
We've also got Chelsea, City and Liverpool out of the way with Everton and Spurs coming up. That's all the top teams pretty much done then it's just a case of getting results against teams below us and having no more Swansea/Norwich like results.

I can't see us beating Bayern Munich over 2 legs so I don't think the CL will be a factor going forward but if we do manage to take Bayern down then we're going to have problems with tiredness. Especially with Spurs out of the FA cup now. Hopefully they push on in thr EL

vall03

people are really hyping Monreal huh? Im seeing a lot of "He would be a Spain starter if not for Jordi Alba" comments all over the place. But as many people have mentioned already, anyone but Santos would be good.

Salazar

Horsemeat in Burger King whoppers ?

Good grief. Thank heavens we have a mole inside the Nandos operation.

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes
I can't even pretend to be interested in the latest Beckham PR stunt. Football should be about footballers, not gimmicks.

Fuck off and write for Banned Paper, you moralising twat. "Football should be about footballers" - even Pleat doesn't say things as empty as that.

Horsemeat in Burger King whoppers ?

Good grief. Thank heavens we have a mole inside the Nandos operation.

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes
I can't even pretend to be interested in the latest Beckham PR stunt. Football should be about footballers, not gimmicks.

Fuck off and write for Banned Paper, you moralising twat. "Football should be about footballers" - even Pleat doesn't say things as empty as that.

Tbf, the move as a whole absolutely reeks of being done for marketing reasons rather than footballing

dc89

Pep looks so thin there. I think the idea of taking over at Bayern has made him ill all of a sudden. He's thinking, "I've made a huge mistake."

We need a Pep GIF to fit that idea.

Fry

LOL. Sure they are. /i hope Bayern take the cunt and they will eventually as Suarez will not tolerate no CL football forever.

Suarez is one of the best players in the world and he doesn't do half of the stuff he did a year and a half ago.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Lloris
Walker Dawson Vertonghen BAE
Parker Dembele
Lennon Holtby Bale
Adebayor

Szczesny
Sagna Mertesacker Vermaelen Monreal
Arteta Wilshire
Walcott Cazorla Podolski
Giroud

Harry-Hill-Fight-AP-WDC5.jpg

pappe

Lloris
Walker Dawson Vertonghen BAE
Parker Dembele
Lennon Holtby Bale
Adebayor

Szczesny
Sagna Mertesacker Vermaelen Monreal
Arteta Wilshire
Walcott Cazorla Podolski
Giroud

]
Loris.
Walker Dawson vertonghen BAE
Dembele Wilshere
Walcott Cazorla Bale
Giroud!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Arsenal will look so much better when Wenger buys a big mean technically competent without being prissy CB.

They need to buy about 4 of those.

Arteta and Wilshere clout Parker and Dembele.

Tottenham's Moussa Dembele has the third-best pass completion rate of all Premier League midfielders - 91.77% of his attempted passed ending successfully - but has the best in the final third - completing 88%.

Lightning

Banned
seriously, why the hell does Wenger keep on insisting on "We have two players for each position" crap? really?!
Wenger knows we're lacking but January is a hard time to fix that with total quality players. Wenger held true to his word and resisted crap buys and only purchased talent. He knows we're light up front, lack physical strengh in the midfield and short of a top quality centre back but January was never a time to fix it and clubs will resist like hell to hold onto their players as we would have.

We quite simply cannot afford any more Scallachi (sp), Santos, Gervinho like buys who are not good enough.

Top Bottom