• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Kenka

Really ?

Marcus Berg ? :p
Might as well count Östlund then.

ostlund4-200x300.jpg

dc89

Edge say PS4 will launch in Europe in 2014, whilst Japan and America get it before Christmas.

Don't let MS get a foothold in Europe again!

United chief scout and Toulouse Chairman been talking about why it takes so long for us to sign players. Toulouse chairman also thinks Newcastle suck.

As Friio says, “For Newcastle and QPR, relegation would be terrible. They are buying whomever they can just to stay up. QPR cannot afford to go down. Redknapp is incredibly good at forcing the owner to spend his money on players. He’ll put out a B-team in the cup, lose and then point to the result and say: “See that? We got battered!” Newcastle is different. They have a different approach: to buy 10 players at €3m such as Haïdara or Sissoko in the hope that 2 or 3 will be good enough, like Papiss Cissé and Demba Ba, in order to sell them for a big profit. Players with high resell potential values are in France at the moment.”

Sadran then goes on to say “Newcastle are stacking them up. It won’t get them anywhere. We’ll see in two or three years that there was an agenda to all this… At Manchester, you spend 2 years observing players in every game, checking to see if they would be mentally capable to go get the three points in the same manner against the likes of Arsenal or Swansea, because for United, the 3 points are important each time. That’s why, when you’ve scouted him for 2 years and you have decided to buy him, there is never a problem with the price. That’s why I tell my players: “You played well in a big game and afterwards your form waned, but you forgot that they, Manchester and co., saw you play every game, against PSG but also against Sochaux. That’s the reason why you won’t go to a big club, and not because Toulouse are asking for too much money.”

When asked whether or not Manchester United will delve into the French transfer market in the summer, Friio’s answer backs up Sadran’s previous statement: “I don’t know, seeing as it takes me at least 2 years to scout a player. Do you know how many French players have come to Manchester United into the youth team? Only one! Paul Pogba. I brought him in when he was just 16. As soon as players are called up to any level of the France national team, I follow them. For example, I know over 300 players from the 1997 generation.”

So at least another year before we consider Zouma. He'll be long gone by then :(

Kyoufu

United chief scout and Toulouse Chairman been talking about why it takes so long for us to sign players. Toulouse chairman also thinks Newcastle suck.

So at least another year before we consider Zouma. He'll be long gone by then :(

France hates us because we buy their players.

youmadbro.jpg

dc89

MS doesn't have a foothold in Europe.

Surely it did to start with, a nice lead. I mean, I got my 360 at launch but waited for over 15 months before I picked up a PS3.

Will the same happen again now people are more financially constrained? I could only afford one if they launched at the same time and then it would come down to lots of things. But... how many people will buy the first one and then not get the other for quite a while?

Kyoufu

Surely it did to start with, a nice lead. I mean, I got my 360 at launch but waited for over 15 months before I picked up a PS3.

Will the same happen again now people are more financially constrained? I could only afford one if they launched at the same time and then it would come down to lots of things. But... how many people will buy the first one and then not get the other for quite a while?

I don't think there will be a gap as large as 12 months or more but I think MS will panic launch.

I also think the 720 or whatever will be total shit unless you looooove Kinect.

If PS4 launches with Uncharted 4....what does Xbox launch with?

I will end up buying both but if GTA and Fifa 14 are both 360 I won't rush to buy a new Xbox if it is this year. Whereas Uncharted 4 would make me want a PS4 at launch.

*sorry Steve*

Timurid

If PS4 launches with Uncharted 4....what does Xbox launch with?

I will end up buying both but if GTA and Fifa 14 are both 360 I won't rush to buy a new Xbox if it is this year. Whereas Uncharted 4 would make me want a PS4 at launch.

*sorry Steve*

Xbox will launch with Football Manager 2014!!!!!

Apparently PS4 will come with integrated game-recording and easy sharing. Also third party developers are apparently much happier with the architecture. Day 1.

Kyoufu

Apparently PS4 will come with integrated game-recording and easy sharing. Also third party developers are apparently much happier with the architecture. Day 1.

Any credible sources or just rumours from the hairs on my arse cheeks?

Would love game recording even though I already have a capture card.

But does it allow for party chat, smooth online play, smaller game updates?

No doubting PS3 is a great console but Xbox surpassed it with the above features and Sony never actually managed to catch up.

PS4 is hopefully the one where they've spent time building and not felt forced because of Microsoft to rush it.

720 can fuck off with Kinect bullcrap.

Any credible sources or just rumours from the hairs on my arse cheeks?

Would love game recording even though I already have a capture card.

Edge claims it based on their sources. So they're third-hand rumours, very possibly made up by Edge in the knowledge that they can blame their made-up 'sources' if/when it fails to materialise

@king, Party Chat will definitely be there. Definitely. Maybe exclusive for Plus users though.

Kyoufu

Oh, it's my birthday guys

Happy birthday.

Edge claims it based on their sources. So they're third-hand rumours, very possibly made up by Edge in the knowledge that they can blame their made-up 'sources' if/when it fails to materialise

@king, Party Chat will definitely be there. Definitely. Maybe exclusive for Plus users though.

Vita has it as a standard feature so I'm sure PS4 will too.

No problem with that, I actually think Plus could help them a great deal on PS4, first year or so it would obviously be offering more trials/demos/exclusive discounts but after the first year they could start offering some of the launch titles. I'd happily pay for it again, I have enjoyed my short time of subscribing to it, it's built my PS3 game catalogue up to around 15...from 3 :p Plus I got a few games I really wanted, Vanquish, Guardians and Sleeping Dogs next month.

Kyoufu

Plus is amazing.

XBL is a scam in comparison, which is why I think Microsoft will copy Plus or add more incentives to go Gold.

No problem with that, I actually think Plus could help them a great deal on PS4, first year or so it would obviously be offering more trials/demos/exclusive discounts but after the first year they could start offering some of the launch titles. I'd happily pay for it again, I have enjoyed my short time of subscribing to it, it's built my PS3 game catalogue up to around 15...from 3 :p Plus I got a few games I really wanted, Vanquish, Guardians and Sleeping Dogs next month.

I bough Sleeping Dogs just before Christmas, and haven't opened it yet :(

Do you get more for trading in sealed games at game shops?

Also, what would you do if you needed a seperate Plus account for PS4? I'd probably have to miss out on a matter of principle

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Taylor Swift's latest song always remind me of Pogba :(

[Music video spoken part:]
I think--I think when it's all over,
It just comes back in flashes, you know?
It's like a kaleidoscope of memories.
It just all comes back. But he never does.
I think part of me knew the second I saw him that this would happen.
It's not really anything he said or anything he did,
It was the feeling that came along with it.
And the crazy thing is I don't know if I'm ever gonna feel that way again.
But I don't know if I should.
I knew his world moved too fast and burned too bright.
But I just thought, how can the devil be pulling you toward someone who looks so much like an angel when he smiles at you?
Maybe he knew that when he saw me.
I guess I just lost my balance.
I think that the worst part of it all wasn't losing him.
It was losing me.

Once upon a time a few mistakes ago
I was in your sights, you got me alone
You found me, you found me, you found me
I guess you didn't care, and I guess I liked that
And when I fell hard you took a step back
Without me, without me, without me

And he's long gone when he's next to me
And I realize the blame is on me

'Cause I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now
Flew me to places I'd never been
'Til you put me down, oh
I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now
Now I'm lying on the cold hard ground
Oh, oh, trouble, trouble, trouble

No apologies, he'll never see you cry
Pretend he doesn't know that he's the reason why
You're drowning, you're drowning, you're drowning
Now I heard you moved on from whispers on the street
A new notch in your belt is all I'll ever be
And now I see, now I see, now I see

He was long gone when he met me
And I realize the joke is on me, yeah!

So shame on me now
'Til you put me down, oh
So shame on me now

And the saddest fear comes creeping in
That you never loved me or her, or anyone, or anything, yeah

So shame on me now
'Til you put me down, oh
So shame on me now

Trouble, trouble, trouble

I don't know if you know who you are until you lose who you are.

:lol Viva :lol :lol oh my sides :lol

Arnie

That was brilliant, thanks for posting.

Scouting genuinely enthrals me.

Plus is amazing.

XBL is a scam in comparison, which is why I think Microsoft will copy Plus or add more incentives to go Gold.

I don't think they will, Live does incredibly well as it is, at best they'll completely remove the Live wall for apps (only Netflix regards goal now anyway right?)

FootballFan

Taylor Swift's latest song always remind me of Pogba :(

I think--I think when it's all over,
It just comes back in flashes, you know?
It's like a kaleidoscope of memories.
It just all comes back. But he never does.
I think part of me knew the second I saw him that this would happen.
It's not really anything he said or anything he did,
It was the feeling that came along with it.
And the crazy thing is I don't know if I'm ever gonna feel that way again.
But I don't know if I should.
I knew his world moved too fast and burned too bright.
But I just thought, how can the devil be pulling you toward someone who looks so much like an angel when he smiles at you?
Maybe he knew that when he saw me.
I guess I just lost my balance.
I think that the worst part of it all wasn't losing him.
It was losing me.

Once upon a time a few mistakes ago
I was in your sights, you got me alone
You found me, you found me, you found me
I guess you didn't care, and I guess I liked that
And when I fell hard you took a step back
Without me, without me, without me

And he's long gone when he's next to me
And I realize the blame is on me

'Cause I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now
'Til you put me down, oh
So shame on me now

No apologies, he'll never see you cry
Pretend he doesn't know that he's the reason why
You're drowning, you're drowning, you're drowning
Now I heard you moved on from whispers on the street
A new notch in your belt is all I'll ever be
And now I see, now I see, now I see

He was long gone when he met me
And I realize the joke is on me, yeah!

So shame on me now
'Til you put me down, oh
So shame on me now

And the saddest fear comes creeping in
That you never loved me or her, or anyone, or anything, yeah

So shame on me now
'Til you put me down, oh
So shame on me now

I don't know if you know who you are until you lose who you are.

8y6rB.jpg

That's deep man.

:(

Meier

I want to try some Cheetos. Any of America-GAF can vouch for Cheetos?

They are sublime. I usually just buy/eat pretzels since I feel like they're healthier for me, but I could plow through a bag of Cheetos. If you ever get the chance, try Bar-B-Que Fritos too. Hnnngghhh...

I bough Sleeping Dogs just before Christmas, and haven't opened it yet :(

Do you get more for trading in sealed games at game shops?

Also, what would you do if you needed a seperate Plus account for PS4? I'd probably have to miss out on a matter of principle

Best off selling on eBay/Amazon. Some game shops won't take sealed games, CEX normally do though but very rarely offer more.

Well I don't think it would require a separate account but if it did I'm not too bothered depending on the incentives.

Empty

ps4 sounds sexy if edge are right. i hope sony can deliver, i really don't want to buy a microsoft console again with its kinect, xbox live fees, very minimal first party and ugly ad infested dashboard.

Top Bottom