• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

How are Chelsea still in 3rd place?

1200-rafa-benitez.jpg

Yes!

Rooney played really well. Glad he got the goal, very nice finish too. RVP is shit now so Rooney has to pick up the slack.

Weird match and performance. Not sure anybody played really poorly but somehow we were clinging on again. Evans was shaky throughout, alot of long balls towards him weren't dealt with.

Rad-

Yes!

Rooney played really well. Glad he got the goal, very nice finish too. RVP is shit now so Rooney has to pick up the slack.

Weird match and performance. Not sure anybody played really poorly but somehow we were clinging on again. Evans was shaky throughout, alot of long balls towards him weren't dealt with.

He made like 10 good interceptions though. I always wonder if he could make a good DM. He's probably United's best tackler.

Clegg

Slightly dodgy near the end there and how we didnt score 3 or 4 I'll never know. But a win in a win.

And its great that we have 2 excellent strikers in the team. RVP hasn't been at his best in the last few games but Rooney is picking up the slack.

Wilbur

Banned
Good first half, unlucky not to be ahead. Second half was nervy. Disappointed that we didnt see Kag when we needed to hold onto the ball, but he's played a fair amount since coming back. Nani and Valencia I'm tiring of; there's only so long bad runs of form can last I think. If Zaha can give them (assuming Nani stays) a kick up the arse then I'll be happy.

Definitely not a rollover like some suggested.

arkon

He made like 10 good interceptions though. I always wonder if he could make a good DM. He's probably United's best tackler.

He looks decent on the ball, and showed some nice footwork when he brought the ball forward in the second half.

Yeah but physically he is weak and gets bullied easily.

Doesn't matter how good he is at tackling or coming out with the ball, as long as he is prone to losing out physically as often as he does he's not going to be a top defender.

Chelsea is stuck really. lol Everyone calling for Rafa to get out already.. Made a huge mistake in letting go of Di Matteo.

Indeed, changing managers so early is never a good idea. Cant believe the decision especially after such a dominating start to the season, I mean I really tought they would knock City out of top two this season!

Wilbur

Banned
United are so dull.

Our goals scored column is pretty dire isn't it? As was our performance tonight, which of course is indicative of our entire season.

Didn't see no complaints when SuperTom was destroying Steven 'best midfielder of his generation' Gerrard a month ago. In fact, it seemed to me like a handing over of the crown, an acceptance that United were the more clinical, the more thrilling, the better side. Cheers Stevie.

Clegg

Brilliant weekend of sport so far.

Two great 6 Nations games, a Chelsea flop and a squeaky bum time United victory.

Love it.

WJD

Can't say I have the utmost faith in Liverpool getting anything tomorrow. Stevie G backpass to an open Aguero sounds much more likely.

Randdalf

Chelsea got 24 points in 12 games (2.00 points per game) under Di Matteo and were 4 points off top.

Chelsea have so far gotten 23 points in 13 games (1.77 points per game) under Benitez and are 12 points off the top.

I don't know who to root for in Manchester City vs Liverpool.

On one hand, I want Manchester City to lose so we can get larger gap in the EPL table.

On the other hand, RAWK would be a fun read if Liverpool gets trashed.

Can't say I have the utmost faith in Liverpool getting something. Stevie G backpass to an open Aguero sounds much more likely.
Gerrard is a reflection of Liverpool.

He knows he will never win a title. Hasn't got it in him. So he is happy to settle for the next best thing. Make sure we don't get another.

arkon

Chelsea got 24 points in 12 games (2.00 points per game) under Di Matteo and were 4 points off top.

Chelsea have so far gotten 23 points in 13 games (1.77 points per game) under Benitez and are 12 points off the top.

22 points from 13 for Rafa

Empty

I don't know who to root for in Manchester City vs Liverpool.

On one hand, I want Manchester City to lose so we can get larger gap in the EPL table.

On the other hand, RAWK would be a fun read if Liverpool gets trashed.

it's a wonderful win-win fixture.

obviously rooting for liverpool though. the philosopher king rodgers can do it.

Top Bottom