• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Why not put 2 of them on Tuesday? I wanna watch the Uruguay and England games.

Neymar vs whichever mugs we have at centre back
yeah, sucks that some of them are at the same hour too. Spain usually sucks in friendlies so I'm expecting a Cavani hat trick and Germany will probably provide some lols such as last time with Sweden (4-4)

I am watching for these guys:

http://timesofnews.co/wp-content/plugins/RSSPoster_PRO/cache/02bae_120302100755-neymar-ronaldinho-2-3-12-horizontal-gallery.jpg[/IG]

Ronnie got his call-up![/QUOTE]

It's also Brazil's first game since they fired Menezes (I think), so we'll see if they're still shit or not.

K1LLER7

Anyone else noticed Gerrard lacing his shots a lot more in the last month or so? Its beautiful

@Messi, if you're fucking with me, I'll track you down and kill you. I'd blow my load if Ronnie plays. Even if its a farewell sub appearance

Scolari rates him I guess. Glad he's back.

Cleverly, Henderson and Wilshere midfield will dominate Brazil.

East Lake

Welcome to the world of Mark Lawrenson. Why learn a player's name and analyse a piece of play when you can tell everyone how the team have scored 56 goals this season, and rely too much on their main striker, then follow it up with a shite pun?

:p

Are you a football fan? Do you support Liverpool? If so, welcome. If not, fuck off. If you support Man Utd, fuck off you cunt.

:D
I like the game but basically only watch premier league/champions league/world cup when it's convenient. I'm almost at the same point with the NFL now. I enjoy it when the big teams lose though (man u, barcelona). ;)

Scolari rates him I guess. Glad he's back.

Cleverly, Henderson and Wilshere midfield will dominate Brazil.

Henderson was left out I think? Guess he could be called up now Carrick's out

@East Lake, good enough for me :p

Don't think our good friend juanpablo would be too impressed though

arkon

So I guess the Ravens will time waste and win now? That must have been nervewracking for Ravens fans. Fuck. Opponents within touching distance of the endzone.

So I guess the Ravens will time waste and win now? That must have been nervewracking for Ravens fans. Fuck. Opponents within touching distance of the endzone.

Well Ravens will waste time but SF might get a chance for a ....hail mary as you wanted if Ravens have to punt it.

Get in, well played to the Ravens, deserved it overall, 49ers shot themselves in the foot and have no excuse for not getting going earlier.

Wish I stuck more money on Ravens now :(

arkon

Well played the Ravens. Thought they were going to crumble but they managed to keep their shit together towards the end.

Salazar

Mc08JcV.gif

So good. Do one, niners filth.

GorillaJu

I can see why football would be considered boring to a fan of soccer and the reverse I can see as well. I personally find both sports nail-biting exciting and discussions about which is better a pointless and often disingenuous affair.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
This is the first time I've watched a Super Bowl in completion and I was honestly falling asleep in the last quarter even though the "comeback" was on. :/ Maybe it's just not for me.

Weird thing is, I really love watching rugby.

FootballFan

Welcome to the world of Mark Lawrenson. Why learn a player's name and analyse a piece of play when you can tell everyone how the team have scored 56 goals this season, and rely too much on their main striker, then follow it up with a shite pun?

:p

Are you a football fan? Do you support Liverpool? If so, welcome. If not, fuck off. If you support Man Utd, fuck off you cunt.

:D

I R FOOTBALLFAN

Messi

Now this is odd, why is the owner lifting the trophy first and not a player? Its like Roman lifting the CL trophy first.

Messi

I have always been like this, it's kind of tradition. First owner, then coach and then the MVP

Oh well then it makes a bit more sense. As a football watcher it did not make any sense to me. I love seeing Puyol lift the CL trophy or the Liga. Or this:

4217776662-28052011223020.jpg

FootballFan

:lol I love the "world" champions bull shit. You are only playing yourself, can't be world champion that way..

I realise that an u16 team of an NFL squad would beat most teams in the world, but that doesn't change the fact they aren't world champions.

Isn't just "Champions" enough, or "NFL Champions".

Koko

Banned
:lol I love the "world" champions bull shit. You are only playing yourself, can't be world champion that way..

I realise that an u16 team of an NFL squad would beat most teams in the world, but that doesn't change the fact they aren't world champions.

Isn't just "Champions" enough, or "NFL Champions".

Yeah, same thing with the MLB when the final is call World Series

GorillaJu

If there was another league even approaching the quality of NFL for football or MLB for baseball, then there could be a legitimate argument. By default, they're world champions as they don't have any real competition. It's just an old term that has no real reason to abolish because no one is challenging.

FootballFan

^Good point but I still disagree with it.

Yeah, same thing with the MLB when the final is call World Series

Exactly what I am talking about, it's just odd.. They probably are the best in the world, but if you are beating your neighbour you shouldn't give yourself that title.

Imagine leagues in Europe did that, "Man City Earn Title Of European Champions After Late Aguero Goal Vs QPR!"

We would just be shaking our heads.

If there was another league even approaching the quality of NFL for football or MLB for baseball, then there could be a legitimate argument. By default, they're world champions as they don't have any real competition. It's just an old term that has no real reason to abolish because no one is challenging.

Was it dubbed the World Series at a time when they expected the sport to expand further than it has?

pulga

Banned
Exactly what I am talking about, it's just odd.. They probably are the best in the world, but if you are beating your neighbour you shouldn't give yourself that title.

Imagine leagues in Europe did that, "Man City Earn Title As European Champions After Late Aguero Goal Vs QPR!"

We would just be shaking our heads.

loooooooooooooooooooooool

As if that's gonna happen someday.

Clegg

Danny Simpson is such a knob.

Gets knocked out in an early morning brawl in a chippy in Manchester.

Tul_Main_1666690a.jpg

I'm assuming thats actually him in the pic. You never know with the Sun

Top Bottom