• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Clegg

Not really. Best guess would be an announcement on kit renewal/training kit renewal deals. This is the last year with DHL so we should have a new deal in place for next season. I think next year is Nike's last year, or maybe it's got another year to run after that....but the Chevy deal was announced almost 2 years early so it could be that.

But whatever it is, the main bonus for the Glazers, and in fairness the club - is that it pushes the value of the club ever higher.
Things have fallen very well for the Glazers.

I'm not sure if it was through astute business or dumb luck.

FootballFan

We officially signed Lion King.
3AQmK.gif

Nice. Good signing though I think a striker of Villa's size/strength/ability suits Juve better. But good signing anyway.

I retweeted these the other day, but for those that didnt see them, MUFC_Facebook has some fucking quality:

@MUFC_Facebook: I need a help to you sir Alex fegrison adidas size 7 but am leave in zambian.have a good night sir A, F

:lol wtf.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^Yup. Cayman looks pretty sexy to me.
FootballFan said:
Nice. Good signing though I think a striker of Villa's size/strength/ability suits Juve better. But good signing anyway.

What can you tell us about him? All I have is Youtube videos with awesome music.
THAT'S RIGHT
Nice picture edit. Even more appropriate.

Hehee
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif

You guys are playing Fifa club on PC? But I just bought the PS3 version on Amazon......... :(

Better than that is Sturridge's reply

Daniel Sturridge ‏@DSturridge_
@borinifabio29 fabio, when you gonna introduce me to your sister? ;)

Llorente is a great signing. I know Zab is a bit concerned he'll be average but I don't think that'll be too much of a problem. True, I don't think he'll score 25 goals, but I think that's more of a product of our lineup being incredibly good at distributing goals in the midfield. Still, our problem for a long time is not having somebody who can just be clinical. It's rarely been a problem of getting the balls into the box. Yurt was saying that we have shit crossers from our right, but the fact is that Lichtsteiner is one of our single best crossers from the flank. And with Quagliarella and Vucinic, and sometimes Matir, he's been playing low balls in. There is no reason why he can't play them higher to Llorente. And, I might point out, De Ceglie is a surprisingly decent crosser from the left, and Asamoah is of course stellar. So Llorente will score plenty of goals for us, I'm certain.

More disconcertingly is the rumours that we're shipping out Quagliarella to Fiorentina in the summer. Wrong move, for me. Quagliarella has been good this season in Champions League. I don't think we should immediately move for another striker. Unless he's a shockingly good deal on like we've got on Llorente, or he's a very mobile striker like David Villa (why do we need Dzeko or equivalent?). If Bendtner can somehow come back and prove his worth then I can see us picking him up and sellling Quagliarella, but otherwise next year I'd like to see:

SS--Vucinic, Giovinco
CF--Llorente, Matri, Quagliarella

FootballFan

What can you tell us about him? All I have is Youtube videos with awesome music.
THAT'S RIGHT
First thing you will notice he is big, then you will realise he is actually pretty comfortable on the ball unlike most giants(except Ibra).

Good at poaching goals, which is what I think Juve need. Don't really need to say he can header do I?

He will be better than Matri, Bendtner, Quagiarelilalieos or Vucinic at least. I would hope he does well, but that would mean Juve does well too.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
SS--Vucinic, Giovinco
CF--Llorente, Matri, Quagliarella

Quag, the massive twat that he is, won't accept playing second fiddle next season. Matri is fine with it (I guess), but with the exception of our game with Cagliari, he's not as good as Vucinic coming off the bench is he? :(

What about Lisandro López? We're supposedly really close to striking a silly loan deal with Lyon. I know absolutely nothing about him.

1-pretty comfortable on the ball
2-Good at poaching goals
3-header
4-He will be better than Matri

tumblr_m4z09rLkYf1rxnrovo1_500.gif

Quag, the massive twat that he is, won't accept playing second fiddle next season. Matri is fine with it (I guess), but with the exception of our game with Cagliari, he's not as good as Vucinic coming off the bench is he? :(

What about Lisandro López? We're supposedly really close to striking a silly loan deal with Lyon. I know absolutely nothing about him.

tumblr_m4z09rLkYf1rxnrovo1_500.gif

I don't know why Quagliarella is developing an ego. He was great for us during our Delneri season, but after he got injured he was a shadow of his former self. Add to that the fact that he's turning 30 in a couple weeks and you have the ingredients for a backup striker. He needs to accept a backup role.

If Lopez? Llorente, Lopez, Matri.

Lopez is VERY good.

Meier

I think it's great that Soton are going balls deep. If there is a player who you think can truly help keep you up, spending £10m to get £50-60m next year is a no-brainer. Feel for Villa fans. They desperately need help.

kharma45

Ain't nothing wrong with GT5, looks like real life. :p

I don't feel much for the FF, something about the backside. I'd rather drive it *Dreams*

I saw the MP4 the other day and it looks amazing in real life.

Yeah the FF isn't the best looker but it's a 4 seater, 4wd flying machine with a big boot. It's perfect.

Fake account, still I would believe it. :p

Well okay. Nissan GT-R!

Yeah GT-R would be a good 'cheap' alternative. Still 4WD, still 4 seats and still a good sized boot.

Meier

Great business by Newcastle as well. I don't think they were on their way down despite the struggles but this should help ensure they stay up and all the fees have been incredibly cheap.

Wigan and Reading seem likely with Villa and QPR battling it out. Loss of Nelsen might doom QPR.

Kyoufu

We'll sell Krul and Tiote in the summer even if we stay up. Don't know which clubs but Milan have been interested in Krul and Arsenal in Tiote. So it could happen.

I know with Sissoko's arrival we don't need Tiote anymore. Would prefer to cash in on him while we can and bring in suitable additions to our French squad.

pulga

Banned
1359030572_extras_portada_3.jpg

*_*

Until 30th June 2013, Fernando Llorente continues to defend Athletic Club with professionalism, and, as always, he will give the best of himself.
Once again, Fernando Llorente would like to thank his club, Athletic Club, and the supporters, all those years where he has been trained like football player, and where he achieved great sporting success.
Furthermore, the player recognises that he has fulfilled a dream with the signing by one of the best club in the world. And he shows his gratitude to Juventus for making things easy and for its interest to finalise this agreement.

Top Bottom