• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Kabouter

Edit: shame on u Kabouter.

Nah, I like being reminded of the whole match fixing thing. It helps me maintain the delusion that match fixing is why Heracles is doing so poorly this season, rather than facing the fact that they were already terrible in the first half of the season and now with their two best players gone will suck even more in the second half of the season.

Zabojnik

Look at that smile. "This time I have found the right man"

rHXlu9K.jpg

Zamps manager number 50. :lol

Only a matter of time ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6mGAuRWBuA

Salazar

Nah, I like being reminded of the whole match fixing thing. It helps me maintain the delusion that match fixing is why Heracles is doing so poorly this season, rather than facing the fact that they were already terrible in the first half of the season and now with their two best players gone will suck even more in the second half of the season.

I think Brazilian defenders might have accepted money to stand there like valets while Neymar does wank tricks.

Or maybe Fry can explain.

So, Italy-GAF, that Sky Italia dude is saying Gianluca Di Marzio is the source for Lewandowski to Bayern?

Who is this Gianluca Di Marzio guy and is he reliable?

Blablurn

Interesting tweets about a fixed Bayern game from the mid 2000s.

You didn't understand anything, buuuut there are now two sources saying Steaua manager Reghecampf got money to fix a game vs #Bayern.

He was then with #Cottbus. #Bundesliga #Steaua

More and more voices saying Reghecampf will be forced to quit #Steaua after this huge scandal. #Bayern #Bundesliga

Reghecampf said he spoke to Bild about the incident! #Bayern

Iulian Chirita, Reghe's friend: "It's true I had to talk to Dinu, he saved Reghecampf from the betting mobsters!" #Bayern #Cottbus

Remember! Steaua manager Reghecampf is being accused of fixing a game vs #Bayern while he was at Cottbus! #Bundesliga

He received 200k euros for the fix and he was supposed to make sure #Bayern won by 3 goals!

The game ended 3-1 and Reghecampf was followed by the mobsters.He escaped only after Cornel Dinu talked to their leader! #Bayern #Bundesliga

https://twitter.com/Emishor

yella

Wow, didn't even realize that there was a new thread until I saw the commotion about the thread title lol

It took me a while to get the new thread title. Turns out I like it.
So, Italy-GAF, that Sky Italia dude is saying Gianluca Di Marzio is the source for Lewandowski to Bayern?

Who is this Gianluca Di Marzio guy and is he reliable?

Iirc he was one of the first talking about Pep to Bayern, usually he's kind of reliable, during the Balotelli transfer he was always on spot and often reported breaking news before the rest of the press.

That said, he's still a sport journalist, so yeah, it's not 100% reliable.

faridmon

OK, help get this straight: Do people think that Evilore is a world class player? I mean I do think he is a great player with great abilities and great decision making, but is he above that? I always had the idea that, he is that good because of Dortmunds style of play and the way the system, he can showcase his ability in a more efficient way. I think if he leaves Dortmund, he will struggle.

What do you guys think?

sorry for last night

Held back by a club committed to middling underachievement.

Just like Fabregas and Van Persie before him amirite...

OK, help get this straight: Do people think that Evilore is a world class player? I mean I do think he is a great player with great abilities and great decision making, but is he above that? I always had the idea that, he is that good because of Dortmunds style of play and the way the system, he can showcase his ability in a more efficient way. I think if he leaves Dortmund, he will struggle.

What do you guys think?

sorry for last night

From the little I've seen, like Soldado, he doesn't quite have enough to his game to be world class. He's in the category with Soldado, Ba, Falcao, Rooney etc

What do you guys think?
Not sure. His goalscoring record this and last season is pretty good, 2 in 3 and he's more than just a finisher.

But whether he can win matches single handedly...I dunno, not seen enough to pass a worthy judgement tbh.

I think whoever buys him will be getting a really good deal though, don't think he goes for more than £20m with his contract situation.

faridmon

From the little I've seen, like Soldado, he doesn't quite have enough to his game to be world class. He's in the category with Soldado, Ba, Falcao, Rooney etc

I would consider Falcao to be a world class and to some degree, Rooney, and I would say Soldado is above for me because I can see him being molded by many managers , unlike Evilore...

Wes

venison crêpe

I think Lewandowski is a fantastic system player. I think if you play to his strengths like this he is comparible with world class forwards. I believe he doesn't currently have the individual talent to match, for example, Van Persie who are a threat to score no matter the system of play.

But I am no where near as knowledgable on him as others in this thread.

sportingintelligence ‏@sportingintel
Coming soon: EUROPOL announce they know of illegal drug use in sport. 100s involved. Going on some time. V serious. Out of their hands now.

And if you're interested/care enough:

Giggs Boson on Twitter.

His timeline is full of news snippets/reports which suggest that doping is absolutely rife in Spanish football, or at least it would be very surprising if it wasn't.

arkon

What do you guys think?

sorry for last night

Just like Fabregas and Van Persie before him amirite...

Not sure. I haven't seen enough of him. Whenever I've watched him play in the past year (for Dortmund and for Poland in the Euros) he needed a lot of opportunities before he's tucked one away. Whereas somebody like Van Persie this season when I've watched him (vs Spurs, West Ham away in the FA cup) has had one opportunity and taken it, sometimes brilliantly.

Maybe I'm catching Lewandowski on his bad games and Van Persie on his good.

Kyoufu

What's worse? Fixing 380 matches across Europe or the fact Liverpool only scored 1 against a keeper paid to concede 3?

Coming soon: EUROPOL announce they know of illegal drug use in sport. 100s involved. Going on some time. V serious. Out of their hands now.

Giggs Boson on Twitter.

His timeline is full of news snippets/reports which suggest that doping is absolutely rife in Spanish football, or at least it would be very surprising if it wasn't.

Fuentes already said :

Jesus Manzano, a former cyclist and the whistleblower who first alerted authorities to Fuentes alleged role in the doping network, is one of the plaintiffs in the case and is due to take the stand next month.

In a pre-trial media interview he revealed he had seen several footballer clients of Fuentes visit the clinic including “a footballer who plays in the Spanish national team” and “two Brazilian players in the Spanish league” but declined to name them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/9835576/Cyclings-Doping-Doctor-Eufemiano-Fuentes-says-he-worked-with-football-boxing-tennis-and-athletics.html

and even better

http://www.4dfoot.com/2013/01/29/dr-fuentes-declares-under-oath-that-he-supplied-football-players-with-blood-doping/

Going to be interesting for sure.

Giggs Boson on Twitter.

Messi will fall like Lance Armstrong. Book it.

It's amazing this isn't a bigger story. Number of doctors have already more or less admitted they've worked with Spanish internationals and players at Barca/Madrid but nobody seems to care.

Was also amazed to learn that doping isn't (or wasn't until recently) strictly illegal in Spain.

Messi will fall like Lance Armstrong. Book it.
One of the doctors central to the current case in Spain was approached by Barcelona twice.

Kenka

...you're a Heracles fan ?
Must be hard.

faridmon

Thanks guys, but yeah, he does seem to play well within a system that uses his strength and team play rather well (Maybe in Tottenham) and yeah I do think he lacks the deadliness that some strikers have, to carry a whole team.

Top Bottom