• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Wilbur

Banned
Relevant enough for Ferguson to want the record. Can't blame him.

I think its perfectly natural for a manager at a top European club to want to win as many European cups as possible. Whether Paisley did it or not, that wouldn't change Fergie wanting to win the CL every season. So his record doesn't really come into the equation in the grand scheme of things.

dc89

And more people would come to watch United than City :p

:lol

Back when there was no health and safety and there was terraces etc we had 80,000+ on Maine Road for a game between City and Stoke. I think that's the highest attendance ever recorded in England outside Wembley.

And Maine Road was the biggest ground in the country bar Wembley at the time of being built.

It truly was a massive ground serving a massive club. Manchester's finest.

ShogunX

I think its perfectly natural for a manager at a top European club to want to win as many European cups as possible. Whether Paisley did it or not, that wouldn't change Fergie wanting to win the CL every season. So his record doesn't really come into the equation in the grand scheme of things.

Of course it's natural for Ferguson top want to win the competition but matching Bob's record is something Ferguson has spoken about and no doubt would love to match.

Anyway It's Lolerpool time. Enjoy.

dc89

Liverpool to win 3-1

I hope my bet comes in. That's all that matters. Because then I can play with a nice balance for Wednesday. And bet365 are doing a deal for the Real V United game.

Place a bet prior to kick off, they'll give you a free bet to use for in play markets at the same value.

That's decent!

Back when there was no health and safety and there was terraces etc we had 80,000+ on Maine Road for a game between City and Stoke. I think that's the highest attendance ever recorded in England outside Wembley.

And Maine Road was the biggest ground in the country bar Wembley at the time of being built.

It truly was a massive ground serving a massive club. Manchester's finest.

Maine Road was a good ground. Classic. I prefer that style than the new ones like the Etihad. Just something about it which feels better.

A shame they knocked it down tbh. Just housing now. Like a ground was never there.

A bigger JT, maybe.

He may well be a better manager but we'll see. He has a long way to go to prove it.

Meier

Oh shit, what a shot from Sturridge. Why couldn't that have been Suarez there to clean it up. :(

Edit: Ooh, that hurts.

dc89

Maine Road was a good ground. Classic. I prefer that style than the new ones like the Etihad. Just something about it which feels better.

A shame they knocked it down tbh. Just housing now. Like a ground was never there.

A bigger JT, maybe.

He may well be a better manager but we'll see. He has a long way to go to prove it.

Yeah it was awesome. The Kippax was awesome and I always remember the little Gene Kelly stand we had in the corner. Named aptly because it was covered, and if it rained you got soaked. So you were singing in the rain.

L1NETT

Abhinav Reddy: "Jordan Henderson. Unrecognizable from his first year at Liverpool. £20m well spent." (BBC Sport)

Arnie? :p

----

West Brom are absolute pants, no idea how they got so high in the league.

Top Bottom