• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Zabojnik

juvelogo.png

LET'S DO THIS!!!

Clegg

I always find this line of reasoning to be bullshit, its clear Capcom farmed this out because the team was busy with Dragon Dogma and they wanted that western influence.

And while the game is decent the combat is waay inferior to DMC 4.

If Capcom really wanted to do it then they would have. They farmed it out because they had no ideas on how to develop the franchise further. They wanted a western influence because they couldn't do it themselves.

DMC 4 had good combat but was the most repetitive of the series.

Messi

If Capcom really wanted to do it then they would have. They farmed it out because they had no ideas on how to develop the franchise further. They wanted a western influence because they couldn't do it themselves.

Could not believe that made you fight all the bosses in DMC4 twice lol

arkon

DMC fans are the worst. They bitched about Ninja Theory making the game even though it was more than obvious that Capcom had no idea what to do with the franchise.

Then a good game is made but they won't buy it because it doesn't meet their warped standards for DMC. Only 2 of the 4 Capcom developed games were any good to begin with.

Well, as a DMC fan, I'll just say that I was turned off by them rebooting the franchise in the first place. With that as the premise to build the game around, they then put Ninja Theory on it. I've not enjoyed one of their games to date, and I'm not going to put money down on trying out their latest venture so soon. I chose to ignore the game and play other games I was more interested in. That doesn't mean I'll never play it. I think that's a reasonable stance to take.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I fucking hate the way ITV go to an ad break as the teams walk out. Even Sky don't do that anymore. You miss the atmosphere.

dc89

I need a Juventus away shirt in my life.

---

FFS ITV.

"Brilliant atmosphere here. Don't go anywhere, we'll be back after this break."

elseanio

I fucking hate itv. Spend half an hour filming in the tunnel talking shite, then cut to ads when the team's get on the pitch

Edit* haha, not the only one then..

They wanted a western influence because they wrongfully assumed that would lead to break away sales for the game.

Based on the work done with Dragon Dogma I am fairly sure they could have made it, this is a typical case of a Japanese publisher seeing the success of western games and thinking that to get that success all they need to do is ship t to a western dev.

The biggest issue with DMC 4 imo was the repeated levels for Dante, the combat was so good however that it honestly never bothered me all that much, This new DMC is like I said decent but pretty much the only thing about it that I think is better than previous Devil May Crys is the morphed world aesthetics. Everything else I find to be worse but I'll say however it is Ninja Theory's best game to date.

Top Bottom