• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Don't understand the Welbeck hate, he is a good player. Was really good for England at the Euros and has performed well (ish) of late. Just seems to be an easy target, like Gervinho this year or Downing/Henderson last year.

Edit: 2 Fatalities?? Shit....RIP

Downing pretty much deserved it last year tbf

He isn't great, but his turnaround has been an unexpected surprise

K1LLER7

Welberg in for that work-rate and tracking back to help Rafael.

I'd expect Rooney on the left and Kagawa behind RVP to start any counters we have.

jtb

Banned
Gervinho was half-decent last season (certainly on par with Henderson or Downing...). It's only his recent conversion to striker then back again that has ruined him again. Meh.

RVP, Rooney, Shinji, Welbeck. We're going for it!

Vidic was never playing this. Fergie said he can't do two matches in a week while they ease him back from injury. And I don't see Kagawa as the risk. Jones in midfield is the gamble IMO. But I suppose he'll man-mark Alonso or Ozil.

pappe

Lovely the attacking options!! Jones and Carrick in midfield? Dunno seems a lil uninspiring. Clevgod would have provided atleast SOME attacking passes and runs. Dunno is Jonesy would do that. Wellbeck is a good choice especially considering Valencias form.

bud

wait... jones in midfield?

G7RkiBP.jpg

this phil jones?

Clydefrog

shitty news :(

A South Airlines Antonov AN-24, charter flight YG-8971 from Odessa to Donetsk (Ukraine) with 36 passengers and 4 crew, was on final approach to Donetsk's runway 08 at 18:16L (16:16Z), after touchdown the aircraft burst into flames however, the occupants were evacuated. Two people died in the accident, a number of injuries are being reported.

Ukraine's Emergency Ministry reported two fatalities plus a number of injuries as result of the accident.

Sources at Donetsk Airport reported the aircraft performed an emergency landing.

Ground observers reported the aircraft was attempting to land in dense fog and touched down on soft ground between main runway and taxiway.

The aircraft was taking soccer fans to Donetsk who wanted to attend the Champions League match between Schachtar Donetsk and Borussia Dortmund and was scheduled to land at 18:30L.

According to ATDB the airline currently operates two Antonov 24RVs: UR-WRA and UR-47256.

http://avherald.com/h?article=45db0756&opt=0

pappe

Gervinho was half-decent last season (certainly on par with Henderson or Downing...). It's only his recent conversion to striker then back again that has ruined him again. Meh.
Downing and Hendo were downright abysmal last season. If Gervinho is on par with them its nothing to be happy or satisfied about.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
So what's the starting 11 for both teams?

edit: Varane? Interesting, what would happen if he gets exposed tonight???

fuenf

Man I don't know who to root for today, ManU / Real is a tossup and Dortmund? Sure I like to root for the German team but every Dortmund victory brings us closer to the nightmare scenario.

Fry

Man I don't know who to root for today, ManU / Real is a tossup and Dortmund? Sure I like to root for the German team but every Dortmund victory brings us closer to the nightmare scenario.

Root for Dortmund and Real Madrid. Then root vociferously against them in the next round!

fuenf

Root for Dortmund and Real Madrid. Then root vociferously against them in the next round!

Yeah I guess will. I like ManU more than Madrid but I dont want us to play against them. But what if Bayern draws Dortmund in the next round? Guess I'll simply ignore the Dortmund game today.

Top Bottom