• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Tc91

BDAojF1CUAAUeFo.jpg

How do people do this? Magicians.

jtb

Banned
Tie is definitley United's to lose. Only question is that if they go for it too much at Old Trafford, might leave themselves exposed on the break. But with the away goal, Utd doesn't have to do shit and can just pack midfield and sit back.

If United continue to play like this in Europe and keep sacrificing Rooney on the wings, I can definitely see another CL final this season.

Sane_Man

Tie is definitley United's to lose. Only question is that if they go for it too much at Old Trafford, might leave themselves exposed on the break. But with the away goal, Utd doesn't have to do shit and can just pack midfield and sit back.

If United continue to play like this in Europe and keep sacrificing Rooney on the wings, I can definitely see another CL final this season.

If they emulate the way Chelsea won it by playing like they did today all the way to the trophy I think I'll stop watching football.

Fry

This is football. We used to laugh at De Gea almost every week for his mistakes.

Now he's probably top 5ish in the world.

Turok_TTZ

Benz played bad. Higuain did no better. Ramos was awful. great game otherwise.

If we are to use Benzema/Higuain's talents, we must actually give service to our cfs... we cannot continue like this come old trafford. we are too cr7 focused!!!

oh and Varane > any defender you can name currently

Haha, CL nights bring some serious salt into this thread.

The ref was okay overall. He got two big calls wrong. Di Maria should have had a pen and Varane should have maybe been sent off. But neither were totally clear cut so it's no surprise he didn't call them.

Noirulus

As I said earlier, pulga is seeing what he wants to see.

Ramos was a disgrace with his hyperbolic reactions to any touch.

So getting elbowed in the face doesn't constitute a reaction? I agree that there was a degree of acting from him this game but some of it was justified.

kharma45

This is football. We used to laugh at De Gea almost every weeks for his mistakes.

Now he's probably top 5ish in the world.

He had an outstanding game tonight no doubt but he's still too error prone.

So getting elbowed in the face doesn't constitute a reaction? I agree that there was a degree of acting from him this game but some of it was justified.

There was no elbow :lol

Randdalf

He went for the face. Ramos, of course, acted his way out of it but RVP should mind where the fuck he's throwing his hands out.

Lol. Van Persie is trying to push Ramos in the chest, it's only when he looks away that Ramos moves down and his face is pushed instead.

dc89

:lol thanks Bet 365!

I bet £15 over 3 bets, and 2 lose. Still end up £2.50 in profit thanks to the old £5 on RM and then use the free £5 in play on United to win or draw double chance.

:D :D

WIIU HERE I COME!

Haha, CL nights bring some serious salt into this thread.

The ref was okay overall. He got two big calls wrong. Di Maria should have had a pen and Varane should have maybe been sent off. But neither were totally clear cut so it's no surprise he didn't call them.

Yeah, because giving out a yellow minutes into the game for a mild coming together isn't a bad call.

jtb

Banned
If they emulate the way Chelsea won it by playing like they did today all the way to the trophy I think I'll stop watching football.

Eh, this isn't anything new. Ferguson packed midfield and played on the counter all the way to Terry's penalty miss in 08. It's a smart tactic, frankly.

The key is just not to draw Barcelona.

Jones did a good job tracking runners and Carrick would've assisted the winner had RVP not bottled it.

I thought Jones was useful when Madrid were in United's half, but was awful in possession and going into space to offer an option for whoever had the ball. Carrick was quiet.

Hixx

:lol thanks Bet 365!

I bet £15 over 3 bets, and 2 lose. Still end up £2.50 in profit thanks to the old £5 on RM and then use the free £5 in play on United to win or draw double chance.

:D :D

WIIU HERE I COME!

I used my free in play for draw ht real ft. United were winning at the time... at half time I couldn't see it not coming in :(((

Top Bottom