• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Are you guys serious? It's not often done but the ref is perfectly entitled to blow before the corner if he thinks there should be no more additional time, in fact he can any time except before a penalty

Wasn't it in a world cup once when a ref blew up when a corner was in mid flight, the ball got headed in but he blew before it reached him

kharma45

Yes, dive.

iQO1R1Vl0XyiD.gif

Must be terrible not having Clattenburg and co in the black shirts for once.

The reaction was laughable, fucking pussy cunt

Meier

De Gea was fantastic but many of Madrid's shots were forced -- that cross that got shinned was really their best chance. Even when they held possession, it never felt like they were going to score in that second half IMO. Conversely, every time United had the ball in the box it was utterly tense. I thought that loose one that Giggs looked like he would collect would be a goal for sure.

ShogunX

Put a cheeky £2.50 (pays out just over £30) on both games being a draw and it came in. Having a weird run of luck lately with this betting shite.

The ref was well within his right to blow the whistle bang on 93 but it's a bit of a shitty thing to do. Thought De Gea and Jones were fucking superb.

Empty

good result. defended well and de god was immense. could have done more going forwards if rooney wasn't gash and van persie hadn't screwed up that chance, but need to watch out for how much ozil and di maria overran us for the second leg.

Dea was amazing. Rooney was utterly worthless. Glad to see Jones and Evans stepping up with some solid defending.

I still can't believe the ref blew the god damn whistle.

^ wtf

I guess Schmelzer is even more important than Gündogan (for the lack of a backup) - if both can't play I hope the offense is at least up to speed so that we can somehow manage a draw..

As expected, even though we could've won too..
Hope Donezk will shit their pants in our stadium, lol :|

Don't bet on a Dortmund victory, you stupads. The only viable bet is "over 2.5 goals" (or whatever it's called)
/

Yeah, that's a good bet imho, for both games even.
I told you guys not to bet on us! Sorry, Messi & SOTON fan :(

K1LLER7

United had the better clear cut chances.

RVP and Giggs in the 2nd half :(

Jones did very well on Ronaldo. Especially in the 2nd half.

Welbeck, the future England star :D

Are you guys serious? It's not often done but the ref is perfectly entitled to blow before the corner if he thinks there should be no more additional time, in fact he can any time except before a penalty

Wasn't it in a world cup once when a ref blew up when a corner was in mid flight, the ball got headed in but he blew before it reached him
Being within his rights doesn't make it good reffing.

arkon

He blew before the 3 minutes were up IIRC

Times up. He doesn't have to let them take the corner.

Time wasn't up and he should have added second on for the corner so should have let it be taken.

Anyhow great result for us. I can see Fergie reverting back to a more typical starting line up at home and I think we will have more chances as a result.

I thought Evans and Rio both had great games and Jones did his job perfectly.

Bring on March 5th.

Suen

Good match. Could have been more goals for both but overall I'm somewhat satisfied with the result. Would have been nice to win as the press is on us now in the second leg.

Welbeck was outstanding btw. That's why so many at United rate him, he is a really great player in the making.

Rooney and Kagawa were rubbish. Rooney need to send some of his fat Shinji's way. Useless the two of them.

Lol, he barely touched him. Give credit to Ramos though. Fucking quick with those reactions. Hands on his face before he's even touched the ground

Barely touched him? Ramos is going for the ball, Evra is too and then decides to elbow him in the air when he realized he isn't getting it. Ramos is a cunt, but that was not a dive.

Randdalf

Welbeck was outstanding btw. That's why so many at United rate him, he is a really great player in the making.

Rooney and Kagawa were rubbish. Rooney need to send some of his fat Shinji's way. Useless the two of them.

Rooney was playing out of position pretty much the entire match, but he did make some woeful passes.

Top Bottom