• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

dc89

"Ronaldo is sitting in our dressing room at the moment, talking to the lads. I'm proud to see how he's flourished." - Froggie

feel

BDBBNM3CMAAtkSB.jpg:large
Ouch, right in the feels.. :_(

Sane_Man

Seriously? I though playing in CL didn't cup-tie you for EL, or vice-versa. Guess Liverpool's crashing out of that competition early too.

I'm pretty sure it only works one way (as in, if you play in CL you can't play in EL, but if you play in EL you can play in CL), which is bullshit. Unless I'm just making this up. My memory is fuzzy.

Seriously? I though playing in CL didn't cup-tie you for EL, or vice-versa. Guess Liverpool's crashing out of that competition early too.

I honestly think we could get battered

Suarez is our only competent striker available, and he is tired as fuck but has to play regardless. All it would take is for Hulk to turn up, and we could easily be looking at a 3+ goal loss

Arnie

We were a one man team with Suarez. Now we're a one man team with Sturridge. Either that or people aren't really using their brains.

pappe

Wat.

Slap yourself. We need to win it, haven't won it in ages.

Games on Monday night. it's no problem. We have a big squad, could field a different 11 to the one we had tonight against Reading and we should still go through.
We should put up a strong side against QPR and win 3 pts and city will b fucking up against Chelsea. 15 pt lead. Game over.

Noirulus

True. I think United had more clear cut chances in the second half. Madrid were mostly restricted to trying long shots.

United made a lot out of their chances. That Robin hit to the cross-bar would have thrown us into the gutter if it went in.

"Ronaldo is sitting in our dressing room at the moment, talking to the lads. I'm proud to see how he's flourished." - Froggie

Is that true? So heartwarming. <3

3Sixty

Was worried Madrid were going to be the only team to be let down by Cally thistle conceded a late equaliser.

Penarol winning btw Kyfuffu

Chelsea dropping from the CL down to the EL is what caused Sturridge to be cup tied. If Chelsea were still alive in the CL then Sturridge would have been able to play for Liverpool in the EL. Willian for example, who went from Shakhtar to Anzhi is eligible to play for them in the EL.

Yeah, but we still should've won it. It was like a throwback to 11/12 CL, defense basically just shutting down at times, offense not being able to score. But I too am content with the draw. Hope we'll go through in the end..

A throwback sounds a bit harsh I think :D

It was a hard match, first KO match in the CL for every player, in Ukraine against a strong team. Scoring 2 goals is more than the one goal I hoped for. We have to deliver at home and I'm confident that we can do that.

I honestly think we could get battered

Suarez is our only competent striker available, and he is tired as fuck but has to play regardless. All it would take is for Hulk to turn up, and we could easily be looking at a 3+ goal loss
Trust me, you'll be fine on that front. You real worry should be Denisov and
94GuhRz.png
though.

jtb

Banned
Chelsea dropping from the CL down to the EL is what caused Sturridge to be cup tied. If Chelsea were still alive in the CL then Sturridge would have been able to play for Liverpool in the EL. Willian for example, who went from Shakhtar to Anzhi is eligible to play for them in the EL.

Ah, I see. Seems just convoluted enough to satisfy UEFA.

We were a one man team with Suarez. Now we're a one man team with Sturridge. Either that or people aren't really using their brains.

I don't know if you're a one man team, but I don't see how you're going to win the EL with only Suarez. Anyways, losing sooner is better for your prospects of playing in Europe next season so its in Liverpool's best interest to crash out early.

Noirulus

For one thing, Madrid spread the ball to their right in our half and the player has about ten yards in every direction. Almost every time.

If you get given that much time out wide near the area and you have to whinge about a mini-bus being parked on the edge of the box, then you're just not the fabled attacking threat you imagined you were.

Thing is, when teams defend deep against Madrid, we look clueless. We're a very impressive counter-attacking team, but heavy defending throws us off.

And Alonso being subbed off certainly didn't help our case either.

Khedira will be having fucking nightmares about him.

Khedira was rubbish today. He sprints forward through midfield, puts your defense on the backfoot, gets 25 yards from goal then just stops, turns back, turns sideways and passes it to a winger who's in a far worse position than he was when he stopped going forward

Thing is, when teams defend deep against Madrid, we looks clueless. We're a very impressive counter-attacking team, but heavy defending throws us off.

I read a column by a Spanish football correspondent who said before the match that this was RM's attacking weakness too. Also said Dortmund were smart to cut off Alonso rather than Ronaldo.

FootballFan

Khedira was rubbish today. He sprints forward through midfield, puts your defense on the backfoot, gets 25 yards from goal then just stops, turns back, turns sideways and passes it to a winger who's in a far worse position than he was when he stopped going forward

Khedira is rubbish.

Noirulus

That seriously made me shake my head quite a few times.

Bo-Locks

I can remember when he snubbed Beckham a few years ago at some event. Beckham went to hug/shake his hand and Fergie acted as if he was invisible. I really don't know why he did that. I hope we get past Real and draw PSG in the next round, because they're shit and I want to see this picture with Beckham on the back of that shirt.

Fry

Khedira is rubbish.

You have absolutely no reason to think that.

Football fans are so fucking stupid. They'll make up an entire personality just to go along with what they want to believe.

You don't know Mancini. He has done nothing major to make anybody really dislike him.

Salazar

Thing is, when teams defend deep against Madrid, we looks clueless. We're a very impressive counter-attacking team, but heavy defending throws us off.

Aye.

Hoping we're a tiny bit more pro-active at OT. Wouldn't be amazed if we played similarly - the chances were there.

Chicha could well get a run, although Welberg earned a bit of trust tonight.

Messi

I'm there for you buddy if you need someone to talk to, you know that.

Bacon, you are awesome.

Is all right man, you were not the only one that was let down :(

Me and Madrid are back to being enemies.

is there any reason you staked that much money? i hope you aren't in trouble, dude.

football can't be reasoned with. it isn't looking for anything logical. it just wants to watch world burn, messi.

I am not in any trouble, I just got greedy and got burned. But cheers for looking out for me.

Great result for united.

Sorry Messi :(

The things I would do to her like that, fuck me.

:( Bad luck man, at least you can be happy that Man United have the advantage over Real now. Same with ManUtd4Ever lol.

I want both teams out. Also, fuck ManUtd4Ever. Cunt.

God damn :|

Sorry Messi :(

Thanks guys. Hurts now but I will be fine.

Noirulus

I read a column by a Spanish football correspondent who said before the match that this was RM's attacking weakness too. Also said Dortmund were smart to cut off Alsonso rather than Ronaldo,

It's the reason we've been doing so bad in the league this season. Some teams just parked 10 men in front of their box and we would just pass around that area until one of the players heaves it into the crowd or misplaces a pass. Very frustrating.

Jensen

I can remember when he snubbed Beckham a few years ago at some event. Beckham went to hug/shake his hand and Fergie acted as if he was invisible. I really don't know why he did that. I hope we get past Real and draw PSG in the next round, because they're shit and I want to see this picture with Beckham on the back of that shirt.
They met each other again when Milan played United a couple of years ago,

beckham_ferguson2_1349743c.jpg

Seems like they have gotten over the boot incident.

Top Bottom