• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Time was up.

It always amazes me when people complain about things like this. There's no 'one last attack' rule.

I thought he blew at 2.53 and the ball had gone out so time should have been added on to that. It wasn't about it being 1 last attack, it was about playing enough time.

Not that I really care about the decision, I just think you are wrong.

Bo-Locks

SKY absolutely love building up the narrative of redemption for De Gea, after kicking him down for months. He's still suspect on crosses, but he's one of the best shot stoppers I've ever seen and I have been saying what Schmeichel said for a while now, to take that much heat from the media and still play with such a cool head shows a lot of mental character.

K1LLER7

Phones stepped up in the 2nd half. Ronaldo was out of the game.

Next leg, play Carrick-Jones-Cleverley. We need to be better at holding the ball and pressuring their midfield.

Noirulus

Look at the gif in the thread.

I just saw it. An elbow is an elbow, regardless of the amount of acting put into the reaction.

tumblr_mb3d0eKGDH1r59b0d.gif

I need to be alone

I'm so sorry, man. ;-;

SKY absolutely love building up the narrative of redemption for De Gea, after kicking him down for months. He's still suspect on crosses, but he's one of the best shot stoppers I've ever seen and I have been saying what Schmeichel said for a while now, to take that much heat from the media and still play with such a cool head shows a lot of mental character.

Do you reckon De Gea and Suarez are even aware of the media's portrayal of them?

Salazar

Did we not hit the crossbar, have a shot cleared off the line and make the Madrid keeper pull off a top class save?

Excellent bus parking if so.

Aye. Defending is "bus parking" if you're a tear-stained Madrid fan who expected a Ronaldo hat trick.

Mourinho:"Lot of teams have been able to score this year at Old Trafford, and none of them have the attacking potential of Real Madrid"

lol

Noirulus

At least the rest of the Manchester United fans on footy-GAF now know what Clegg meant when he complemented Di Maria. He was awesome in this game.

Sky Sports cunts so reactionary, like De Gea hasn't played that well in tens of games. Suddenly he's "grown into his role" because of one game. No.

Utter cunts. "Everyone slaughtered him"? Yes, you did. "Grown into his role" with this performance? He was making saves against Madrid years ago for Atletico.

pappe

At least the rest of the Manchester United fans on footy-GAF now know what Clegg meant when he complemented Di Maria. He was awesome in this game.
Yes he was. I was happy when Mou took him off for Modric.

Did Anderson even have a touch after coming on :lol

Fry

80 million £ and the can have him.

Nah, Casillas is still young for a keeper. If Mou leaves, I can't see him losing so much space he's lost for the past weeks. There's no reason to spend so much money if you have him and Lopez.

FootballFan

By huge performance you mean parking the bus the whole game?

..lol

The bus was not parked. As a Barca supporter I have an expert eye on seeing the bus. There was no bus today.

You went through the midfield like nothing then met 5-6 players, there were at least 2-3 players up front at most times for United.

Bo-Locks

Do you reckon De Gea and Suarez are even aware of the media's portrayal of them?

Dunno. I'd be surprised if they aren't. Didn't Suarez recently give an interview in South America and complain about how English media/officials target South American players? Obviously bullshit, but even though Suarez is a cunt, his don't-give-a-fuck attitude is still impressive. I suppose they are more shielded to it, but they are certainly not immune from it.

Those Sviatoslav predictions aren't that bad. Of course Sturridge will slap Zenit, Hulk will not smash
probably a draw
Also there will probably be more home wins (Spurs, Leverkusen, Kiev)

Good result for us, I'm happy.

Two mistakes that cost us the win but on the other side, Lewy was very lucky with his goal. So it's okay.
Yeah, but we still should've won it. It was like a throwback to 11/12 CL, defense basically just shutting down at times, offense not being able to score. But I too am content with the draw. Hope we'll go through in the end..

Sane_Man

Even though we sometimes whine and bitch and lose our heads with each other in here, football is so much more rewarding with this place to interact in. I dig ya'll.

jtb

Banned
the only club that is probably after De Gea (and would be able to get him, too) is Barcelona. Only problem is that De Gea's nowhere near a huge enough cunt to fill Valdes or Pinto's shoes. Yet.

Noirulus

Man U's defense was frakking impeccable in the second half. Not a single hole for a Madrid through pass in the middle. I really wish Ronny converted that second header :(

Dunno. I'd be surprised if they aren't. Didn't Suarez recently give an interview in South America and complain about how English media/officials target South American players? Obviously bullshit, but even though Suarez is a cunt, his don't-give-a-fuck attitude is still impressive. I suppose they are more shielded to it, but they are certainly not immune from it.

I think Suarez is aware of the media because they, combined with his often contemptible behaviour, influence fans into abusing him week-in week-out, which is impossible to ignore. Even if De Gea is aware of his reputation, its surely easy for him to avoid.

Salazar

..lol

The bus was not parked. As a Barca supporter I have an expert eye on seeing the bus. There was no bus today.

For one thing, Madrid spread the ball to their right in our half and the player has about ten yards in every direction. Almost every time.

If you get given that much time out wide near the area and you have to whinge about a mini-bus being parked on the edge of the box, then you're just not the fabled attacking threat you imagined you were.

Is that next?

Tbh I wouldn't be broken hearted if we went out of that. I know that's a terrible attitude to have but we have more important competitions to focus on.
Wat.

Slap yourself. We need to win it, haven't won it in ages.

Games on Monday night. it's no problem. We have a big squad, could field a different 11 to the one we had tonight against Reading and we should still go through.

pappe

Man U's defense was frakking impeccable in the second half. Not a single hole for a Madrid through pass in the middle. I really wish Ronny converted that second header :(
True. I think United had more clear cut chances in the second half. Madrid were mostly restricted to trying long shots.

Top Bottom