• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Pm me the pic and I'll do it tomorrow, in case I forget.

I was just about to, thanks though!

kM98650.jpg

Thanks a lot dude!

Scum

Have fun tomorrow, Messi, when proper European footy starts. :D

BTW, I suppose that's that for Nani then, eh. £30m to PSG or £8m + Wilshere to Arsenal?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm pretty sure it only works one way (as in, if you play in CL you can't play in EL, but if you play in EL you can play in CL), which is bullshit. Unless I'm just making this up. My memory is fuzzy.

Holtby is in the Europa squad for Spurs and I'm pretty sure he played for Schalke in the CL.

Clegg

Have fun tomorrow, Messi, when proper European footy starts. :D

BTW, I suppose that's that for Nani then, eh. £30m to PSG or £8m + Wilshere to Arsenal?

We'd be lucky to get £15m for him.

He'll be starting the last year of his contract this summer.

dc89

Yup watched it yesterday, many good moments in there lol

http://i.minus.com/ih9PPCXQqxCHE.gif[/IMG

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/idMoJfh32P0Tf.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

I'm not just saying this for the lols. But one of my favourite Mourinho moments was when he showed up at Old Trafford and Porto scored that free kick.

I remember being like.... Who the fuck is this guy? He's awesome.

IceCold

Ronaldo is such a class act. Sure he's an emotional guy and he'll say/do stupid things sometimes, but no one is perfect. Fuck the haters.

His header was phenomenal too. It almost looked like he was floating in mid air for 1 split second when he jumped. #whitemencanjumpafterall

d9MGFor.jpg

arkon

Ronaldo is such a class act. Sure he's an emotional guy and he'll say/do stupid things sometimes, but no one is perfect. Fuck the haters.

He's header was phenomenal too. It almost looked like he was floating in mid air for 1 split second when he jumped. #whitemencanjumpafterall

Yeah. There was a beautiful shot from one of the replays.

K1LLER7

I expect Zaha to be similar to Welbeck from what I've seen. Could potebtially be a great player for us.

Also, Welbeck really stood out today. Seemed like the only player who wanted to pick the ball up and run forward. Arbeloa couldn't deal with him at times. Also loved how on one occasion, RVP would pick the ball up, Varane, Ramos and Khedira all tried to get the ball off him and he just junked away from all of them. If only we had some more players like him....

Messi

He's header was phenomenal too. It almost looked like he was floating in mid air for 1 split second when he jumped. #whitemencanjumpafterall

d9MGFor.jpg

Ronaldo is a class act and his goal today was amazing. Nothing but respect for that guy.

spidye

You have absolutely no reason to think that.

Football fans are so fucking stupid. They'll make up an entire personality just to go along with what they want to believe.

You don't know Mancini. He has done nothing major to make anybody really dislike him.

lololol

dc89

Back before football died, so awesome.

http://i.minus.com/iZBKhD19op1O.gif[/IMG

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibjogoA7kzqEyo.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

I love his description of this in the Sky Sports HD advert he did, when HD was coming into relevance.

[url]http://youtube.com/watch?v=450wM77PpOs[/url]

Scum

We'd be lucky to get £15m for him.

He'll be starting the last year of his contract this summer.

Last year? I thought he had at least 2yrs left to go. I reckon he'll be gone then.

d9MGFor.jpg

I wonder if Frogson gave Evra the smackdown for not even making the jump there?

Messi

Last year? I thought he had at least 2yrs left to go. I reckon he'll be gone then.

He said he asked him why he didn't contest it. When fergie seen the video he thought to himself 'what was I thinking'

Noirulus

Just me or is Roonie really overweight? I haven't watched any PL games this season, so I was surprised when I saw how big he was. I swear he had lost a lot of weight at the beginning of last season, too..

arkon

He mentioned in the postmatch interview that he did give him some stick for that, but then he saw a replay of it and said you can't defend against that. Don't remember the exact words

DominoKid

Nope. "I blamed Evra until I saw replay, then I felt bit stupid. No other player could score that, certainly not Messi."

It was weird being on the other end of a Ronaldo attack. This must be how everybody else felt when he used to play for us.

K1LLER7

Just me or is Roonie really overweight? I haven't watched any PL games this season, so I was surprised when I saw how big he was. I swear he had lost a lot of weight at the beginning of last season, too..

He needs to pass some of that weight onto Kagawa. Was out of it today.

Razor554

"Borussia Monchengladbach goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen (20) has signed a pre-deal with Barcelona. He'll join for 4 seasons. [marca tv]"

Its most likely bs since its from Marca, but one can always hope it's true. Ter Stegen would be a great choise for years to come.
Apparently the deal would be about 8.5M.

This also means that someone would have to pay money for Valdes in the summer, since Pinto just signed renewal for one more year.

Salazar

He needs to pass some of that weight onto Kagawa. Was out of it today.

Aye. But unless the whole team played differently, he wasn't going to be in it. Imposing himself to a greater degree would have meant simply chasing the ball all over the park. I don't want him doing that.

K1LLER7

Aye. But unless the whole team played differently, he wasn't going to be in it. Imposing himself to a greater degree would have meant simply chasing the ball all over the park. I don't want him doing that.

I get what your saying, I think that if we played further up it would've helped his game, but his touch was off today. His passing was off and he'd just get pushed off the ball too easily. He needs to be better at finding pockets of space and getting away from defenders, similar to how he did at Dortmund.

I don't expect to see the best of him until next season imo. Would help if he builds up his strength by then.

also :'(

fergie-ronaldo.jpg

dc89

I'm sure he mentioned in his post match interview with Sky he said to Evra 'Patrice, why aren't you challenging' and then he watched it back and said 'yeah, there's no stopping that'. Or something very similar.

FootballFan

You don't know Mancini. He has done nothing major to make anybody really dislike him.

lololol you copied the wrong one. The Mancini edit.

:lol on a rampage, been fun having him on our side.

:D I'll be on your side for just one more match, after that, we will meet in Wembley, again. And Barca will win, again.

Damn Liverpool fans should love Barca, if it wasn't for Barca you guys would be even on CL trophies.

Also stop fucking loving Ronaldo, did any of you actually expect him to celebrate? Even Terry wouldn't celebrate if he scored against Chelsea, doesn't make him any less of a JT.

"Borussia Monchengladbach goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen (20) has signed a pre-deal with Barcelona. He'll join for 4 seasons. [marca tv]"

Its most likely bs since its from Marca, but one can always hope it's true. Ter Stegen would be a great choise for years to come.
Apparently the deal would be about 8.5M.

This also means that someone would have to pay money for Valdes in the summer, since Pinto just signed renewal for one more year.

Interesting. Won't bother with a proper reaction until some trustworthy sources* release the same news though.

* goal.com, dailymail, etc.

Tecl0n

Boca's journey starts today and i'm already anxious as hell, and the fact that i couldn't get tickets is only making it worse. And even though we play terribly i can't help it but have high expectations.

Anybody else watching Boca vs Toluca? I'm assuming Riquelme is not playing tonight.

I expect Boca 3 Toluca 1.

He is out till march.

Top Bottom