• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Clegg

United/Madrid was a lot more open than I thought it would be. 40 shots on goal, a couple of top class saves, a goal line clearance and the crossbar being rattled.

Good stuff.

Wes

venison crêpe
Ronaldo is such a class act. Sure he's an emotional guy and he'll say/do stupid things sometimes, but no one is perfect. Fuck the haters.

His header was phenomenal too. It almost looked like he was floating in mid air for 1 split second when he jumped. #whitemencanjumpafterall

d9MGFor.jpg

Evra chose the wrong moment to get in on the Harlem Shake trend.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Novaretti is rubbish. Talavera pulling the karma card and saving the fuck up.

edit: loool Acosta. Penalty for Boca.
edit2: Goal for Boca. Silva scores. Toluca is fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

deroli

I guess a 2:2 draw is a decent result in a CL away fixture. And a very deserved one, too. While we created enough chances, our defense again did not look very convincing. A goal like the second one must never ever happen. At least Hummels corrected his mistake by scoring a nice header. :) Although Lewy's goal was a bit more "special". Greatest feint ever? Greatest feint ever.
All in all I'm satisfied with the game and the result. But I really hope to see Subotic on the pitch soon. We desperately need that guy in our defense! And today was Donezk's first competetive match this year. So they will likely be a bigger threat in the second leg.

I guess a 2:2 draw is a decent result in a CL away fixture. And a very deserved one, too. While we created enough chances, our defense again did not look very convincing. A goal like the second one must never ever happen. At least Hummels corrected his mistake by scoring a nice header. :) Although Lewy's goal was a bit more "special". Greatest feint ever? Greatest feint ever.
All in all I'm satisfied with the game and the result. But I really hope to see Subotic on the pitch soon. We desperately need that guy in our defense! And today was Donezk's first competetive match this year. So they will likely be a bigger threat in the second leg.

Lol, it wasn't a feint. He tried to shoot and whiffed.

Probably Boca vs Toluca. All the other matches are, on paper, very one-sided. This one has been really scrappy though.

Thanks. I'll catch the second half.

feel

Any of these docus on Mourinho mention that he once broke into and pulled a guy out of a burning car? Because he did.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
"Borussia Monchengladbach goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen (20) has signed a pre-deal with Barcelona. He'll join for 4 seasons. [marca tv]"

Its most likely bs since its from Marca, but one can always hope it's true. Ter Stegen would be a great choise for years to come.
Apparently the deal would be about 8.5M.

This also means that someone would have to pay money for Valdes in the summer, since Pinto just signed renewal for one more year.

Man I hope this is true. Please

:D I'll be on your side for just one more match, after that, we will meet in Wembley, again. And Barca will win, again.

Damn Liverpool fans should love Barca, if it wasn't for Barca you guys would be even on CL trophies.

LOL

Why don't we just keep Valdes?

Stop being a dick Valdes.

please don't go

Valdes es una mierda gonorrea. stop loving that cunt. he's also a terrible keeper to boot, fuck him

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
First half over, Boca 1 Toluca 0. Toluca has had more chances even though they've been playing defensively, but shit finishing is doing them over. Also Sinha's level has been surprisingly good.

K1LLER7

Which is and could be huge. He should be scoring more.

His decision making in the final 3rd really lets him down. If he sorted that out, he'd eventually be one of Englands top players. I find him to be similar to Sturridge. Both have great talent but their decision making in the main areas lets them down. Both seem to be improving though.

For me, Welbeck (loan @ Sunderland) vs Chelsea was was one of his best performances. Think this was when everybody took notice of him.

-----------------------------------------------------

Hope this moves on to 18 of 20 :)

•Manchester United have progressed in 17 of 19 European Cup knockout ties where they've avoided defeat in a first leg away from home (via Opta)

GorillaJu

Lets all pick out 1 post in 10 pages of Utd love-in to point out how this thread is full of salt :lol

Result is exactly what I expected.

K1LLER7

Will be weird seeing him play against us at OT...

"I was in Manchester for six years, so tonight was very emotional for me," said Ronaldo. "I scored a goal but I didn't celebrate out of respect.

"Maybe United are favourites now, maybe not, anything can happen. Sometimes we are better away than at home, so we will see.

"It will be amazing to play at Old Trafford again after four years. It will be another emotional night."

In his post-match interview, Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson said of Ronaldo: "I spoke to him and he is sitting in our dressing room now, talking to the lads.

"He had six years with us and I am proud of how he flourished.

"I blamed Patrice Evra for not challenging for his goal until I saw the replay and felt a bit stupid.

"His (Ronaldo's) knee is about as high as Evra's head - phenomenal. I don't think any other player in the world can do that, certainly not (Barcelona's Lionel) Messi."

Fry

Alves and Valdes woul qualify if it wasn't for them already having taken up other body parts.

Edit : Pinto! Seriously probably the worst.

Pinto is a sub keeper, dude. He barely plays. Let the dude be a cunt on the bench.

Alves ... hm. Maybe, but he's the type of cunt that you'll love if you support the team he plays for.

Fry

The only cunt from Barca that bothers me is Busquets. But he hasn't done anything irksome recently.

Barca are collective cunts because they cheat! /Unicef

Alves ... hm. Maybe, but he's the type of cunt that you'll love if you support the team he plays for.

Saw him kick Oscar Wendt on the knee live from the ground, after he fell over in a completely fair challenge, he's a disgusting cunt, clearly Pique agrees.

igEwlfDMguk8Z.gif

Dumb little gnome, but he's a good guy like Lucio, he got Virgin Mary tattooed after all.

Fry

Saw him kick Oscar Wendt on the knee live from the ground, after he fell over in a completely fair challenge, he's a disgusting cunt, clearly Pique agrees.

igEwlfDMguk8Z.gif

Dumb little gnome, but he's a good guy like Lucio, he got Virgin Mary tattooed after all.

I never saw that.

I thought people from Bahia were supposed to be calm.

igEwlfDMguk8Z.gif

Oh yeah, Pique spat on an old man's back, he's a cunt as well. Fabregas was told by Barca to backheel the ball on the edge of his own area to set up a Barca goal, and did it, so he's a cunt too.

Top Bottom