• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

dc89

Started watching Lost for the first time. Episode 6 and it's pretty decent so far.

Season 1&2. Some of the best TV ever. 3 - great. Then it's downhill. But watch it all and be your own judge.

My favourite episode is Deus Ex Machina

Plasma

Banned
Fuck Belgium if Vermaelen plays this match. We need him fit for Sunderland and even then he's a major doubt. Why is he even with the national team when he is clearly not fit?

The Express say his a doubt for the game against Sunderland, I doubt the Belgium manager would be stupid enough to play him.

dc89

Fuck Belgium if Vermaelen plays this match. We need him fit for Sunderland and even then he's a major doubt. Why is he even with the national team when he is clearly not fit?

Because national teams are a bunch of cunts. When Aguero got injured on the opening day with his knee the coach called him up to the national squad.

Made him fly a 32 hour round flight to say, oh yeah, your knee is pretty bruised. You can't play.

dc89

It's mah birthday. All I want from GAF is not to be jumped on if I post something late. Just for one day. Just for my birthday.

Lightning

Banned
The Express say his a doubt for the game against Sunderland, I doubt the Belgium manager would be stupid enough to play him.
I would hope so but he should be at home getting treatment. I don't understand why he needs to travel when he clearly can't play without risking a long injury.

Sigh

Fellaini's injury is probably/deffo a fake, tho
Just make sure you's win the game. Take revenge for your opening game loss!

Oh and do you follow sports in Australia? Cricket, Rugby, League etc?

Empty

happy birthday dc

kun-aguero_1976994c.jpg

hope someone buys you a mancini wristwatch

Salazar

Sal, are u British or Australian?

Welsh birth, naturalised Australian. Dual passport.

Just make sure you's win the game. Take revenge for your opening game loss!

I think we should win. God knows even Frogie will take Everton very seriously.

Oh and do you follow sports in Australia? Cricket, Rugby, League etc?

Union. Don't care much about league. Don't care at all about AFL. I love cricket, but the dickhead factor in the Australian team made supporting them impossible. Warne was a piece of shit. Langer was a chippy little nurk. Hayden was a pompous yobbo. Lehmann was a moron. Symonds lol. Ponting was exposed as a Nasri type. Gilchrist was an improvement on that cunt Healey, at least. Lee grew up, but I'd been put off the bunch of them by that point. The new blokes might well be alright, but Cricket Australia are still a pack of knobheads, the media coverage of the game (ABC excepted) is worse than MOTD, and everything except competitive tests is pretty worthless.

The Indian top order slashing Lee all around the park was fucking bliss.

The A League interests me, but there is so much football of a higher standard being played all the time.

FootballFan

Happy Bday DC :D

DailyFail(that's what you guys call it right?) interview with Dinho, picked out the ones I liked:

What's the best goal you have scored?

My best has to be for Barcelona against Villarreal in 2006 - that is the one I am asked most about and it is the one I am most proud of. Xavi chipped the ball to me, I chested it down, twisted and hit an overhead kick. It was the final goal in a 4-0 win.

And what about lobbing David Seaman in the 2002 World Cup? Did you mean it?

Of course!

Do you regret not coming to play in England?

No, because I have played for some of the biggest teams in the world and won everything. The only regret is not playing more seasons with Lionel Messi.

He is my good friend. I could see even at a young age he was going to be the best. It was exciting to see this kid who could do things most players can only dream of.

In England we think you like to party - is that fair?

I used to get annoyed by the stories. Websites would use the same photo and make it look like I was out every week even though the photos were old.

I am passionate about music - and people think because I go to places where I can enjoy music I have to be partying. It isn't true.

How good is Neymar compared to Messi?

Messi for the last three or four years has been the best player in the world - he has been at a level of consistency I don't think the world has seen before.

Neymar is young, though, and I can't explain how special he will become. In the next two or three seasons he will become the best player.

FootballFan

The A League interests me, but there is so much football of a higher standard being played all the time.

I went to the Wellington Phoenix vs Perth Glory game couple days ago at Eden Park. What a thriller! (not really :lol)

I recorded some of it and put the vids up on youtube with |HD|2013, Tiki Taka etc. in the titles :lol

dc89

Thank you everyone! Very kind of you all. But I don't think I'll be getting the Richard Mielle RM 11-01 wrist watch :(

Remember today that it's also the anniversary of the Munich Air Disaster :(.

Lightning

Banned
Union. Don't care much about league. Don't care at all about AFL. I love cricket, but the dickhead factor in the Australian team made supporting them impossible. Warne was a piece of shit. Langer was a chippy little nurk. Hayden was a pompous yobbo. Lehmann was a moron. Symonds lol. Ponting was exposed as a Nasri type. Gilchrist was an improvement on that cunt Healey, at least.

The Australian cricket team became very arrogant because of how long they dominated but majority of the team became assholes. Glenn McGrath was one of the best players ever but what a bad tempered arrogant cunt he was. Warne is a well documented asshole of the highest order, Langer/Hayden/Steve Waugh/Ponting/Healey all fantastic players but man oh man. I'm a big fan of cricket and love Australian sport but some of their behaviour.

Love Australian union. Stephen Larkham and George Gregan were my favourite players and in the super 15 I support the ACT Brumbies. Haven't done well for a while as Australian rugby rebuilds but I support them anyway just the same.

Salazar

Love Australian union. Stephen Larkham and George Gregan were my favourite players and in the super 15 I support the ACT Brumbies. Haven't done well for a while as Australian rugby rebuilds but I support them anyway just the same.

Aye. I was crazy about Horan and Little.

My great international rugby love was Philippe Sella, though. Pure class.

Empty

Is Lewa likely to replace anybody, so to speak ?

Alex Morgan shirt for the Portland Thorns

http://i.imgur.com/xddUNrR.png[IMG]

HHHHNNNNGGGGGG[/QUOTE]

wow that's a really nice shirt. hnggggggg indeed.

a nike design that isn't terrible too!

Blablurn, I feel your pain bro. I'm off to the dentist as well later, hopefully for the last time until I can get back to a regular simple check-up schedule. Pain in the arse.
My dentist also does prostate examinations

Blablurn

lewandowski-rudb-514.jpg

Dortmund's manager Watzke commented on the recent Lewandowski rumors: "There is no update so far. If Lewandowski really wants to leave us, we'll meet and discuss this."

Doesn't sound like a clear no, if you ask me.

ribery-real-514.jpg

In a recent interview with L'equipe Ribery said, that signing Pep showed that Bayern is a special team. A team which is on the same level as Barca and Madrid. He also added that Jupp improved his self-esteem and that it's unlikely that he will leave Bayern.

dc89

Mastadon

Banned
Happy Birthday DC! Have you issued a press release to mark the occasion? Is it being featured on the worlds greatest website?

Happy birthday dc45 :D

--

Berlusconi: "I'll have to leave Milan once again, but it's going to be in good hands. I ask Allegri to win the Scudetto, I gave him everything I could, I wish I was as lucky as first minister."

An amazing thing about Berlusconi: he probably is the only human being able to say so many bullshit in a couple of sentences, both Milan and Italy related. Amazing, really. Watch him become for the fourth time our PM, thanks to all those idiots out there.

Gambit

30m ? God no. Please no.

I agree. I like him, but not for that kind of money. Also, I really wanted him before we got Mandzukic (who I believe is a worse version of Lewa). With this price-tag, we'd probably sell Gomez, which is something I'm very much against.

Top Bottom