• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Empty

All set up for one of those magical European nights at Anfield.

yep. the important thing about this leg was really just giving the people of st petersburg the opportunity to watch this wonderful passing team everyone's talking about in person.

So we have to score 4 at Anfield to go through, cos there's no fucking chance we're keeping a clean sheet. Utter shite, worryingly close to the performances of last season.

Midfield do fuck all, wingers scared of the ball, still get the better chances, waste them all, concede in the last 20 minutes, do fuck all afterwards.

Clearly needed to fix the wings at half time, Rodgers didn't even try. Fucking wank.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Our starting team: Friedel, Walker, Gallas, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto, Dembele, Parker (c), Lennon, Bale, Dempsey & Adebyaor

Very strong team. Should be a good game.

Suen

Bad luck Liverpool.

Time to switch to Sparta Prague - Chelsea. Will the former Champions League winners win or lose in the Europa League? Only Torres and JT can answer this question.

edit:

Leverkussen vs Benfica 0-0 HT

kinda sad game, Lever doesn't have the attacking skills to create real danger and Benfica is more worried about not suffering goals than scoring them.

let's hope the 2nd half is a bit better.

Uh-oh. Might as well skip that match, was wondering if it was worth watching.

PowderedToast

i don't want to be too apocalyptic... but being out of essentially all cup competitions and the race for top 4 as early as february just isn't good enough. i like rodgers, but it's clear he's still learning his trade and the mistakes he's made this season have really cost us.

i'm sure he'll only improve from here but those initial critics who claimed he lacked experience when he was first appointed look to have been right.

ShogunX

Play like poop, win 2-0 anyway. So this is what it's like playing Liverpool, huh?

Yep. Just make sure we dont score in the first 10 minutes, watch as we inevitably miss chance after chance, go up the other end and score.

It's been the theme for about two years now. It's fucking awesome being a fan.

Shagwell

Fucking hell that was a disappointing performance. Can't understand why Brendan thought the most astute thing to do when we were clearly in need of a change and an away goal was to bring on a defensive midfielder for Sterling. Considering the slim chance we don't concede an away goal to Zenit, we are pretty much fucked.

Still, I'll be wishfully hoping for another one of those European nights at Anfield. But we're really much, much shitter than any of those days.

ShogunX

Our starting team: Friedel, Walker, Gallas, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto, Dembele, Parker (c), Lennon, Bale, Dempsey & Adebyaor

Very strong team. Should be a good game.

Need a Spurs win for a healthy £40 return from whats been another depressing evening.

I think we may be at the stage already where Daniel Sturridge is a key player.

dc89

Krul; Yanga-Mbiwa, S.Taylor, Coloccini (c), Santon; Tiote, Cabaye; Obertan, Sissoko, Gutierrez; Cisse.

HOWAY THE TOON!

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
Typical for us this season.

We have turned into a soft touch that can be turned over at ease. If ever a team needed a couple of grizzled pros to inject some steel into their squad.

I see Anzhi beat Hannover 3-1, with a missed Eto'o penalty to boot. So that's RPL vs EPL and Bundesliga 5-1. Not bad for a second rate league. Hopefully Rubin can humble Atletico to add La Liga to the list.

dc89

BDFgetZCAAE_1ZS.jpg:large

My man!

put your arms down Rooney

elseanio

Fucked off with Liverpool. Honestly glad I didn't get a ticket for the return leg. For too many shite, gutless performances this season.

Apparently in Liverpool's last 40 games (I'm guessing that's the whole season so far?), they've conceded at least 2 goals in half of them.

Can't be conceding that many when their attack is so hit and miss.

Meier

I kinda feel bad for BRod. He's a weirdo but Liverpool definitely seem like a much better team under him yet they're not getting the results as of late. It'd be a poor decision to sack him but I wonder how realistic it may be if they crash out of the Europa League and finish 8th/9th in the EPL.

At this point the players must surely be sabotaging Rafa?

He's on Fener now. Got it in the 3rd minute even, lol.

Remember when Rodgers said they could still finish second in the league?

Those were the days.

That they were looking to catch City... that is by far and away the most stupid thing he's said this season.

I didn't watch the match, but 2-0 isn't a good score for Liverpool. 2-1 would have given them a lot more to work with. It's a shame they couldn't nick a goal.

FootballFan

Why not buy another dog for less than that amount that looks like your dog, take it for a walk and bump in to that same person again and sell that dog.

Profit.

:eek: I was going to suggest to beat the person up and take their money but that's a way better idea.

I jest, I am not violent.

The worrying thing for Liverpool(besides the misses) is that, at least in my opinion, Zenit's 3 midfielders easily got the better of Liverpool's.

No question. Allen is not clever enough to do Lucas' job, no matter how Lucas has been playing since he came back, Henderson was anonymous, and you never know which Gerrard will turn up. The less said about our wingers, the better.

ShogunX

*eagerly awaiting the shitty pitch and no Sturridge excuses*

Suarez missing a hat trick of chances had nothing to do with the pitch nor did the shit defending. However playing on an artificial pitch in winter and in Russia? Not sure it gets any worse. Horrific conditions.

Zenit deserved the win and I'm a bit gutted I have to go to the second leg.

PowderedToast

i hope rodgers isn't sacked, but on paper it might be difficult to make a case for him. i honestly don't know the view FSG will take on it because brendan was effectively their choice and the intent was to reboot the club's footballing ethos over a long period, so it's not a similar situation to dalglish.

Top Bottom