• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Meier

Despite the stories, I still don't think City will go for Cavani. I just can't see Txiki and co spending £50m plus on one guy. If we can get Napoli down to £40m, they'd probably pull the trigger I'd think. Obviously we'll make some money back by selling a number of guys, but spending that much isn't going to help us meet FFP requirements.

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbury?! Is there meant to be that much empty space :p

B-Rod leaves himself space so he can jot down poetry that comes to him on the bus

As they said to me in St. Petersburg
Добро пожаловать в нашу страну
Or 'Welcome to our country
Don't worry, we too hate Man U
I see you brought your squad with you
To our local cafe
I'm glad that we beat you
So that Laboured could have a laugh
Do not fret lil Luis
We hate negritos too
Have some of this vodka
And lick the fluff from out my pubes'

Despite the stories, I still don't think City will go for Cavani. I just can't see Txiki and co spending £50m plus on one guy. If we can get Napoli down to £40m, they'd probably pull the trigger I'd think. Obviously we'll make some money back by selling a number of guys, but spending that much isn't going to help us meet FFP requirements.
It's easily coverable.

Player amortisation means his transfer fee would go down as the fee/contract length. So if you buy him for £40m and he signs a 5 year contract, in the accounts it is registered as a £8m cost, per year.

That £8m can be covered by selling, say, Lescott.

Obv the wages are a different matter altogether but the fee itself could be covered. Of course it does depend on who else City want to buy and whether Napoli would even sell for that amount.

Meier

It's easily coverable.

Player amortisation means his transfer fee would go down as the fee/contract length. So if you buy him for £40m and he signs a 5 year contract, in the accounts it is registered as a £8m cost, per year.

That £8m can be covered by selling, say, Lescott.

Obv the wages are a different matter altogether but the fee itself could be covered. Of course it does depend on who else City want to buy and whether Napoli would even sell for that amount.

Oh yeah, even if we do it, they'll find a way to make it work, but it isn't a good precedent. These new guys are meant to be more fiscally sound and will want to build from within as best they can. Spending that much (£52m) on one guy just doesn't make sense -- I'm not even sure Neymar would cost that much with him getting down to 1 year left on his deal. I'm kinda anxious for the season to be over with just to see how it all shakes out really. I desperately hope the supposed Monaco interest in Nasri is real and we can offload him.

Oh god at that Milito injury. That definitely has the makings of an ACL/MCL/LCL tear.

Suen

Because they finished 7th in the league last season and are in seventh again this year. Nobody believes me but the top 8 teams in Russia are all fairly solid.
From what I've observed they seem to have done fairly well so far in the Europa League. If they keep performing good it would be nice to see them in CL next year
with Falcao as their main striker

dc89

ibtYsC2L7HmnHA.gif

Sal is slacking.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
From what I've observed they seem to have done fairly well so far in the Europa League. If they keep performing good it would be nice to see them in CL next year

Lol wat.

Ruben is the last team to beat Barcelona at the Camp Nou in European competition

No chance Rubin qualifies for the CL. It's a three way battle for 2 places between CSKA, Anzhi and Zenit.

Top Bottom