• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

I missed the laughing earlier but : lollerpool. Gazprom bros <3

This is the most garbage game of football I've ever seen. Imagine you paid to go out there only to watch every player in this team give zero fucks.

Why they fuck does Rafa insist on play Benayoun? Seriously, what the fuck is this all about?

Agreed. Oscar was a highlight though, his and Hazards little play together there at the goal shows the potential, if only the whole team could have some consistency...

faridmon

ibtYsC2L7HmnHA.gif

Sal is slacking.

That is an awesome Gif.

Suen

No chance Rubin qualifies for the CL. It's a three way battle for 2 places between CSKA, Anzhi and Zenit.
I was actually surprised not seeing CSKA in this CL. But then I don't keep a good eye on the Russian League, perhaps they just sucked in the last season. Has Rubin ever qualified for CL before?

pulga

Banned
Bale is so coming to Madrid next season. Count on it.

I see Fat Ronaldo is into ho-shots as well

Ronaldo_bigphoto_homearticle.jpg

Is he thin or isn't he?! I remember him looking fat in the match against Zidane, when a few days earlier we had those pictures of him from the show.

I was actually surprised not seeing CSKA in this CL. But then I don't keep a good eye on the Russian League, perhaps they just sucked in the last season. Has Rubin ever qualified for CL before?

Yeah they have. They had 1 win, 2 draws and one loss against Barca in the Champions League. They have a fantastic home record in European competition in general.

Suen

They actually beat Barca at the Nou Camp... Lol
:lol. But CL matches don't always tell how good they do in the domestic leagues. I'll take Madrid as an example being a Madrid fan: Lost against Granada not so long ago yet managed to draw with Man U yesterday.

Fady K

My God Chelsea have been so poor. In fact, ever since Di Matteo was sacked they had 3 convincing wins and that was IT.

Thank God Oscar saved us from some further embarrassment. If it wasn't for him we would have had our fifth away game IN A ROW without a win.

Really below their best, we're missing the dynamite from last season where we could take our chances and make them count. We're far too wasteful front of goal, due to the fact Di Maria, Benzema and Higuain have become shit, basically. Ozil's aversion to shooting doesn't help at all, and we can't rely on Cristiano to do everything. We're also sorely missing Marcelo at LB, his swashbuckling runs with Cristiano down the flank were a feast to see, last season. They set up tons of goals that way. Coentrao just doesn't cut it.

Also, Ramos is a dickhead and can't defend for shit anymore. God what's wrong with this team.

I noticed. Di Maria was quite good in the first half, don't know why he disappeared so much in the second. Ronaldo was also far from his best. I was incredibly shocked by Benzema and, subsequently, Higuain. I have not watched many Madrid matches this season but last season they were GREAT! I also noticed how Ozil had the chance to take a decent shot or two but he was reluctant to. Marcelo should be back by the next leg right? What changes would you make for the next leg?

"God what's wrong with this team." I know that feel bro! Chelsea went from Champions of Europe to the joke of Europe this season, almost.

I love the picture of Roman in that article makes it look like he has a mullet.

Shatner! What did you think of today's exciting match :p?

Quiche is without internet for like a month. Rest are ashamed like a bukkake on behalf of the Spanish waiter.

I am beyond the point of being ashamed. I reached the point where I feel like I am watching a comedy from how bad it is.

iMj35nFmuIymX.gif

I don't think that is good news for anyone. Looks like a candidate for worst game of the gen lol

I was being sarcastic btw :p I was making fun of the amazing third party support (thus far) for the Wii U. Game does look quite bad. I feel bad for Telltale games, cause the different walking dead games can confuse some audiences who are not always updated on the latest games and that may burn them out from buying the second season of the adventure game when it hits eventually.

Its alright Fady im still around!

Thoughts on today Steve? I was happy with Marin quite a bit! (Which makes me even angrier about Rafa's HORRIBLE SUBBING DECISION with him)!!!! It's like he does not WANT Marin to be match fit. Funny because when we are in DANGER Rafa makes a sub at the 80th minute, when a player does well? He subs him off.

"Champions of Europe" chant whilst playing in Europa league.

Oh boy. How far off are we from that.

35048.gif

More and more wasteful long shots and short corners. Rafa needs to have a word.

Also, Torres has absolutely no instinct for goal.

Rafa has no clue Steve :[ And Torres, barring one good chance today, had yet another stinker. How ironic is it that he is now WORSE than he was when Di Matteo was manager? Rafa sure is getting the best out of him.

No king rules forever.

Only death is eternal.

iT7mVHOexOx22.gif

BDFgetZCAAE_1ZS.jpg:large

My man!

put your arms down Rooney

LOL! Just noticed how Rooney is celebrating :p!!!!

This is the most inane I've seen Chelsea in a while, and that's saying something.

I swear I can count on one hand the number of games I have enjoyed watching Chelsea play since Benitez became their manager. Dire.

So we bring Yossi Benayoun on? Really Rafa? FUCKING REALLY!?

And he takes who off? The *only* good Chelsea player at that point (other than Cech of course). He is *clueless*.

This is the most garbage game of football I've ever seen. Imagine you paid to go out there only to watch every player in this team give zero fucks.

Why they fuck does Rafa insist on play Benayoun? Seriously, what the fuck is this all about?

Rafa makes no sense >_<!!! Tactical genius huh?

You make a good point. We get to watch these horrible performances at HOME. Can't imagine how bad one must feel to travel and watch the matches live to see performances like these.

I'm so fed up of these nothing performances. We need something to kick this team up the fucking hole.

SO true. I have no clue what could make them do that though!! They seem to never react these days to anything. Whether it is a bore draw, whether they are losing with a lot of time to go, whether they are winning - they lose focus suddenly and concede an equalizer and sometimes the winner. Ridiculous.

Chelsea became a soulless team when RDM left

So true.

Happy to get the win, but goddamn that was a snoozer.

To put it bluntly, that is the perfect word to describe Rafa's tenure at the club so far. Scolari had a better record than this!

Noirulus

Bale is so coming to Madrid next season. Count on it.

I see Fat Ronaldo is into ho-shots as well

Ronaldo_bigphoto_homearticle.jpg

Is he thin or isn't he?! I remember him looking fat in the match against Zidane, when a few days earlier we had those pictures of him from the show.

He still looks a little fat for a football player. If he shed 5-10 more pounds he'd probably be good.

Also, I just noticed that searching "Ronaldo" on google now shows Cristiano as the first hit.

pulga

Banned
Who cares about his weight? He´s a genius, that´s what he is. And yes, he is no longer fat.

I love the fat bastard <3

Fady K said:
I noticed. Di Maria was quite good in the first half, don't know why he disappeared so much in the second. Ronaldo was also far from his best. I was incredibly shocked by Benzema and, subsequently, Higuain. I have not watched many Madrid matches this season but last season they were GREAT! I also noticed how Ozil had the chance to take a decent shot or two but he was reluctant to. Marcelo should be back by the next leg right? What changes would you make for the next leg?

"God what's wrong with this team." I know that feel bro! Chelsea went from Champions of Europe to the joke of Europe this season, almost.

Not much changes to be made, tbh. Just cross our fingers and hope the dickheads rediscover some form. They're all world class, they just need to prove it again. The only real change I'd make is for the backline; I'd try a Ramos-Varane-Pepe-Marcelo/Coentrao. Marcelo isn't out with an injury though, he's already back, but Mourinho isn't happy with this form.

Suen

Yeah they have. They had 1 win, 2 draws and one loss against Barca in the Champions League. They have a fantastic home record in European competition in general.
I recall some people saying the same about CSKA as well, great at home but then falls apart away. Can't say I've watched that many matches to make my own judgement on that though. So the best chance Rubin has at this point is to qualify again for EL, not to say I would be dissatisfied with seeing CSKA, Zenit or Anzhi this year though.

Meier

Looks like the guy who scored for Lyon is only 19 and apparently a defender. One for the future? Haven't seen the goal yet but sounds like a guy to watch.

Wilbur

Banned
Lacazette is really good on FM. Great run.

Looks like the guy who scored for Lyon is only 19 and apparently a defender. One for the future? Haven't seen the goal yet but sounds like a guy to watch.

It's a fucking wonderful hit. I said wow out loud.

Hey Scott Parker, why don't you turn around in a circle a few more times, that should help.

:lol he did it at some point in the first half and literally turned 4/5 times before losing the ball

Top Bottom