• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Fry

The German league is almost equal to La Liga in terms of being a 2-team competition... seriously aside from Bayern and Dortmund, nobody has any chance of winning the title (maybe leverkusen though)

ibxNz5wb9cmplP.png

ibwD8oJmPmDvMt.png

ivDp4yeG57YBn.png

ib0gqmTuKB9kHm.png

Bundesliga has had 5 different champions in the last 10 years. PL > 4. Seria A and La Liga > 3

Thing with the Bundesliga is that whilst it's unlikely anybody will challenge Bayern for the title in the near future, since they have compiled such a fantastic squad, it is possible for other teams to close the gap and improve themselves within the structure of the league.

In Spain, nobody is ever going to get close to winning the Liga apart from Madrid or Barca.

And in England, City and Chelsea are only in contention because of their owners.

Bundesliga sets clubs up on a reasonably level playing field, Bayern are well ahead for a combination of reasons but it's not out of the realms of possibility somebody else catches up. Dortmund managed it after a few years in the wilderness.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I don't like how we have two CBs on the bench at Tom Carroll's expense.

Slizz

Thing with the Bundesliga is that whilst it's unlikely anybody will challenge Bayern for the title in the near future, since they have compiled such a fantastic squad, it is possible for other teams to close the gap and improve themselves within the structure of the league.

In Spain, nobody is ever going to get close to winning the Liga apart from Madrid or Barca.

And in England, City and Chelsea are only in contention because of their owners.

Bundesliga sets clubs up on a reasonably level playing field, Bayern are well ahead for a combination of reasons but it's not out of the realms of possibility somebody else catches up. Dortmund managed it after a few years in the wilderness.
On paper Italy and Serie A is balanced and competitive.

Ok, you Bwin.

Yeah, thanks to the shitty Seria A league, German League is still safe, but it would be better to close that gap. Also, you have to keep in mind that the Portugese League might catch up soon if we don't become careful. They are way behind, but they have done so well in EL that I wouldn't be surprised if they hop along the table.

Norwegian League is still as irralevent as Liverpool :(

Nah man, I don't think Portugal will come anywhere near us. There are basically just two strong teams there (3 if Sporting L. didn't suck), we definitely have more opportunities and also greater opportunities to score in the Euro coefficient.

The German league is almost equal to La Liga in terms of being a 2-team competition... seriously aside from Bayern and Dortmund, nobody has any chance of winning the title (maybe leverkusen though)

The "problem" is that it's always news teams coming up in the league, like Gladbach who almost got relegated in 10/11, but almost qualified for CL next season (lost in the qualifiers vs. Kiev) and now are playing EL.
Mainz, who got promoted not too long ago, almost played EL this last season.

Now Frankfurt is in course for CL (3/4th in the league) and they just got promoted, lol

There's just no clearly defined group of strong teams in Germany.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
No Falcao and no Klose (shut up, he's one of my favorites).

Well, Tottenham v Lyon better not disappoint because I'm out of back-up matches.

We haven't won a game unexpectedly since we beat City in the CC semi last season. Its depressing coming to the realisation that we're better off compounding our status as the 7th best team in England before thinking about making a march upwards. 4th is absolutely lightyears away. There are too many teams waiting to take advantage for us to even begin to hope for a Villa 07/08 style battle

Linius

Sulejmani to Benfica? Oh my God :lol

Good luck with him!

Happy with the Ajax win, solid game. We're coming for you Chelski!

Suen

Falcao is playing! Oh well, I've seen worse Rubin teams grind out results against decent opposition, like Barca and treble-winning Inter.

Was shocked reading this. The line up I checked said he didn't play but now that I checked again he does indeed play, I must have missed it. Guess I'll skip the Spurs - Lyon game then.

Wilbur

Banned
2012/13 TRAVEL DIARY - BRENDAN RODGERS

14/02/13 - Saint Petersburg, the former USSR

The cold air tickles the back of my throat as I slip my hands from my pockets. Looking around this arena, I think of my luminaries, the ones who visited the hallowed streets of this federal city before me. Tsar Peter the Great. Antonio Rinaldi. Ethan Hunt. Do they share the same passion for the culture as I? Do they ingratiate themselves with the locals? Share a vodka with the luminous blonde girl behind the counter? Do they attempt to do as I do and speak the dialect?

IGdf0TZ.jpg

Myself in front of the Statue of Lenin

Leningrad's history breathes out of the cobbled path. I can hear the Nazi soldiers who fell here (note to self: must pick up Mein Kampf for team talk v Swansea) bleeding out, wishing their lives away. They will be grateful in hell, for they did not face the wrath of possession based horizontal football.

2012/13 TRAVEL DIARY - GLEN JOHNSON

14/2

Got beat 2-0 tonite.

Suen

Doesn't seem that many came to watch the match at Vicente Calderon Stadium. Guess it's all about La Liga this season to ensure that CL spot this year. Go Falcao!!!!!

Top Bottom