• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Yep. Really pulling for them to get 4th or better.

Although maybe it's more not-disliking them as opposed to the other teams in an around them.

Our run in is killer.

City, Everton, Arsenal home.

Liverpool, Swansea, Chelsea away.

Liverpool you may laugh but we should've spanked them last season but didn't, Bale missed a great chance (and made a massive dive).

Clegg

Just thinking back on yesterdays United game. Benzema was pretty poor overall. I can't remember seeing him have a worse game.

Wilbur

Banned
Yep. Really pulling for them to get 4th or better.

Although maybe it's more not-disliking them as opposed to the other teams in an around them.

I like them. Like I've said before, a lot of my like for a club is down to the manager. Liverpool are far more tolerable under ickle Brenny than they were under Kenny. Wigan I wouldn't care a fuck about if it wasn't for Martinez, same with Villa and Lambert. So AVB is a fucking huge reason why I like Spurs.

But then they have a bunch of players I really like; both their keepers, Dawson, BAE, Sandro, Dembele and Holtby are all cool motherfuckers. Good playing style as well.

Randdalf

Spurs are pretty likeable.

Wasn't a fan under 'Arry, especially when he bought most of our players to play for them instead, but I really want AVB to do well after the way Chelsea treated him. I honestly believe he'll have them challenging for the title if they can keep Bale and get in a few more players, he's obviously a managerial talent. They might even challenge for the Europa League this season.

Wilbur

Banned
PL Managers I love: Frogson, AVB

Managers I like: Wenger, Lambert, Jol, Hughton, Pochettino, Laudrup, Martinez

Managers I don't mind/don't care about: Rodgers, McDermott, O'Neill, Clarke

Managers I dislike: Moyes, Mancini, Pardew

Managers I detest: Rafa, Arry, Pulis, Allardyce

Empty

moyes is okay. i like him. rodgers is a hilarious twat - did you see his comments about how liverpool put on a 'near-on perfect away performance' today omg - i can't decide whether i love him or hate him.

Wilbur

Banned
moyes is okay. i like him. rodgers is a hilarious twat - did you see his comments about how liverpool put on a 'near-on perfect away performance' today omg - i can't decide whether i love him or hate him.

Moyes is just a dour prick who can't decide whether to cream himself over making a team with no money or use it as excuses.

B-Rod is comedy gold and for that I'll be thankful

Rio was brilliant last night too. Been a while since I'd seen him play so well.

Really was. He's been fantastic the last few months tbh

Fry

Fuck Bayern!

Love Bayern.
iQyddMqwIGC.png

Wilbur

Banned
Dude was ready. Had ample rest before, Fergie lit the fire.

Will be interesting to see Fergie's team selection for the games prior to the second leg. He'll probably play one of Rio/Vidic with Smalling and then play the one that missed out with Evans against Madrid.

Slizz

Will be interesting to see Fergie's team selection for the games prior to the second leg. He'll probably play one of Rio/Vidic with Smalling and then play the one that missed out with Evans against Madrid.

Honestly I could imagine a Vidic Ferdinand pairing on the return leg. Just cause.

Wilbur

Banned
Can see him being knifed by the support middle of next season.

Replace with Lolo.

Salazar buys a Liverpool 2013/14 away shirt in the January sales

He's been pretty good but last night was a huge test for himself and Evans. They both did very well.

Evans was class as well.

Jones and Welbeck stood out to me though, the former especially. Just constantly full of running and strength and energy. Was fucking delighted for the two of them (and DeGod of course). Think we'll see Jones/Carrick/Cleverley in the second leg.

Clegg

We can't go out and attack Madrid at Old Trafford. I know its the United way but we'd be ripped apart on the counter attack.

I can see us employing as similar strategy to last nights one.

Wilbur

Banned
We can't go out and attack Madrid at Old Trafford. I know its the United way but we'd be ripped apart on the counter attack.

I can see us employing as similar strategy to last nights one.

I'd be perfectly fine with that; its the sensible option. Doesn't mean we're parking a fucking bus, because that would imply that you can't see any other way to beat them. But the sensible way to beat them and advance would be to play like we did last night for the most part.

Fry

I'd be perfectly fine with that; its the sensible option. Doesn't mean we're parking a fucking bus, because that would imply that you can't see any other way to beat them. But the sensible way to beat them and advance would be to play like we did last night for the most part.

Getting pressured the entire 90 minutes?

Fry

Worked against Barca x 2, Munich x 1

Anyway we weren't under pressure the entire game. Last night's game was nothing like the CL final.

But it was all Madrid. They had a classic Liverpool performance.

I think you've got the bigger chance to go through. But playing like you played yesterday? Nah.

It worked because it was a single match.

And fuck you cunt

It worked because your team thought "oh look, we've scored, lets sit back and wait for the whistle lololol"

And that picture is how that tactic worked out.

Not to mention we beat Barce 3-2 on aggregate...

Clegg

If Gamasutra are right about Wii U sales for January can we expect its funeral in the near future?

55k consoles sold in 5 weeks is horrendous.

Wilbur

Banned
But it was all Madrid. They had a classic Liverpool performance.

I think you've got the bigger chance to go through. But playing like you played yesterday? Nah.

Why not? Madrid would be far more dangerous if we came out and attacked for a resounding win. We have the lead in a way. A 0-0 puts us through, so it isn't really on us to show the most attacking intent.

Meus and bud might cry and make all their posts red because I said that, but fuck it. I care about going through.

Messi

Why not? Madrid would be far more dangerous if we came out and attacked for a resounding win. We have the lead in a way. A 0-0 puts us through, so it isn't really on us to show the most attacking intent.

Meus and bud might cry and make all their posts red because I said that, but fuck it. I care about going through.

Whatever happens in old trafford. it wont end 0-0 not a chance.

Clegg

Still so much salt over the United performance. Madrid had a lot of possession and created chances but apart from Coentrao's efforts, Madrid were mostly restricted to shots from outside the box. We weren't under pressure for the entire 90 minutes.

pulga

Banned
Still so much salt over the United performance. Madrid had a lot of possession and created chances but apart from Coentrao's efforts, Madrid were mostly restricted to shots from outside the box. We weren't under pressure for the entire 90 minutes.

So much salt from where? Can't be talking about us? :lol

Top Bottom