• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

arkon

I don't care about backwards compatibility but I do hope the PS4 doesn't have bullshit "one-use" codes like the new Xbox is rumored to have. I accept it with Steam games because they're digital, not physical, and generally come very cheap. By I'm really bothered by the idea that a physical disc you buy isn't sufficient to play the game. I miss the days when you could hold a game in your hands, these days games are just hypotheticals.

There's a thead about Sony's patent for technology with which they can restrict second hand sales or usage in a similar manner to the MS rumours. Doesn't look good tbh.

Fry

ijMw9Hbo1bRCg.gif

Arnie

I find the whole debate about the used game fiasco to be wildly amusing.

It's hyperbole and an abandonment of common sense from all sides. It doesn't effect me much because I buy a select few games, and usually do so at either slim prices, or if I pay full price it's for something I know I won't get rid of (like Battlefield, or FIFA).

You'd think it was the end of the world for some people; six years ago, when I joined this forum, it might've been for me. I might've been declaring a stand against Microsoft in some ideological d-day, but now I just couldn't give a fuck.

I'll buy what my friends buy and play Fifa with some juiced up shit.

Slizz

I find the whole debate about the used game fiasco to be wildly amusing.

It's wild hyperbole and an abandonment of common sense from all sides. It doesn't effect me much because I buy a select few games, and usually do so at either slim prices, or if I pay full price it's for something I know I won't get rid of (like Battlefield, or FIFA).

You'd think it was the end of the world for some people; six years ago, when I joined this forum, it might've been for me. I might've been declaring a stand against Microsoft in some ideological d-day, but now I just couldn't give a fuck.

I'll buy what my friends buy and play Fifa with some juiced up shit.

The sheer fact that whatever game you buy, you can't bring the game to a friends house and play it on your friends system is ridiculous.

Arnie

The sheer fact that whatever game you buy, you can't bring the game to his house and play it on his system is ridiculous.

That hasn't been confirmed, though.

But yes, that would put me off. We have one copy of Blops 2 that we just pimp around the house for zombies. Part of me does see this as an inevitable future, though, in the age of technology we live in. In six years time you'll be able to download games in the blink of an eye.

Slizz

But yes, that would put me off. We have one copy of Blops 2 that we just pimp around the house for zombies. Part of me does see this as an inevitable future, though, in the age of technology we live in. In six years time you'll be able to download games in the blink of an eye.

Thats now lol. Thats why PC gamers laugh at us. Exclusive titles for the most part do nothing for me.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
The sheer fact that whatever game you buy, you can't bring the game to a friends house and play it on your friends system is ridiculous.

Thats now lol. Thats why PC gamers laugh at us. Exclusive titles for the most part do nothing for me.

I envy the bigger skill gap in sucking a dick, and the higher opportunity for flair and showmanship.

Wow

jokerclap.gif

There's a thead about Sony's patent for technology with which they can restrict second hand sales or usage in a similar manner to the MS rumours. Doesn't look good tbh.

if they do implement this, then I'm done with consoles. Online passes, on-disc DLC and higher prices for console games are already terrible enough

Slizz

if they do implement this, then I'm done with consoles. Online passes, on-disc DLC and higher prices for console games are already terrible enough

Yup. I spent 15$ on 4 maps for BLOPS2. 4 maps....1 bs gun and a zombie map....

Then each year I spend 60$ on an update of the previous FIFA

Scum

Yup. I spent 15$ on 4 maps for BLOPS2. 4 maps....1 bs gun and a zombie map....

Then each year I spend 60$ on an update of the previous FIFA

I remember when you had to complete tasks and show your gaming prowess in order to unlock all these goodies.

Kyoufu

I sometimes borrow the odd game from a friend so I can't see myself buying any console that prevents me from doing that.

But even worse is the online-always DRM.

That is just evil, considering internet connections/servers do go down every now and then.

Scum

I sometimes borrow the odd game from a friend so I can't see myself buying any console that prevents me from doing that.

But even worse is the online-always DRM.

That is just evil, considering internet connections/servers do go down every now and then.

See, I'm not so sure MS will be fucking stupid to implement online-always DRM. But the used-games bullshit? Most definitely. If they're been bribed by the likes of EA.

bud

wilbury

i want to taste your juices
i want you to taste my mine

i wants to smell your scent
i want you to smell my mine

i want to feel your heartbeat
i want you to feel mine, not by putting your ear or hand on my chest; no, i'm talking about the transmitted by my phallus, the very phallus that shall unite us all

i want us to be one

to show the world that love is all you need
that it is all-encompassing and eternal

let's do it, wilbury
for football
till I know ’tis done
howe'er my haps
my joys were ne'er begun

Top Bottom